The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's a nice enough coat although Kate already owns at least two dozen similar coats, the rest as usual, hair hanging down, nude pumps.
Agree. Boring.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

My guess is she wanted to remain understated for this visit. No reason to try and outshine the hosts.

LaRae

Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is she wanted to remain understated for this visit. No reason to try and outshine the hosts.

LaRae
I agree. She is dressed very much in the same line as Stephanie and Maria Theresa. Pretty stuff, but also very unassuming and professional. Perfectly suitable for events like these! It's not Kate's personal red carpet. She's there to do a job. A bit boring is perfectly suitable!
Old 05-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Very nice colour and style with the coat. Her hair looks great. It's a well pulled together and elegant look, appropriate for the occasion.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Majesty

I agree. I am in love with that coat!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

I agree. I am in love with that coat!
It is really nice, isn't it? I love that silouette, and so seems Kate :P It looks like her other EW, the green one. And also looks like her Beulah coat she wore when pregnant. Both very pretty as well.

She has quite a few hats in this ice blue shade and I could easily see this coat being repeated at church services and other hat-wearing events!
Old 05-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It is really nice, isn't it? I love that silouette, and so seems Kate :P It looks like her other EW, the green one. And also looks like her Beulah coat she wore when pregnant. Both very pretty as well.

She has quite a few hats in this ice blue shade and I could easily see this coat being repeated at church services and other hat-wearing events!
I was thinking the same. I expect the green one has been retired as she had it altered when she was pregnant. I love the way this coat moves. Very elegant

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Majesty

I love the look. Its very elegant and beautiful. Divine color as well.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I was thinking the same. I expect the green one has been retired as she had it altered when she was pregnant. I love the way this coat moves. Very elegant
Agreed. It moves beautifully but it's her typical style of coat dress.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Nobility

It's lovely, but good grief, another blue coat dress? I'm sorry but if she wants to not outshine her hosts or whatever, why not pull out one of her other blue coats? She has at least 20 of them.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
It's lovely, but good grief, another blue coat dress? I'm sorry but if she wants to not outshine her hosts or whatever, why not pull out one of her other blue coats? She has at least 20 of them.

Yes I agree why spend money on the same thing. A change of colour would be a good start.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice elegant appropriate look

That said, I agree, boring. Another plain coat dress. One that wouldn't have looked out if place on her hostess, MT (age wise not body shape). I actually get more excited by her casual events because it's almost the only time she experiments. I was worried Stephanie would look even more a mess than usual, but I actually think she took the day fashion wise.

I don't see why she didn't just wear another blue coat she owns, or if she wanted this style wear this

Kate Middleton recycles Emilia Wickstead dress in Bhutan

I don't buy that she dresses this way to not out shine the others. I think it's just her fashion. She is boring and tame in clothes. I think she tries to go fir a timeless looks but instead looks at times like borrowing from her grandmas trunk from the sixties. There are fresh takes on the Jackie o, that look classic but still fresh or modern. Kate hasn't really managed that.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote: I think it's just her fashion. She is boring and tame in clothes.

She is not boring from her grandma trunk - this might have echos of the new look Dior tight waist/flared skirt of the early 50's. And if it does - that's fine by me.

Frankly (reaches for hard hat) comments about her style is more about how posters want her to look as opposed to what is appropriate or suits her personally. And we do it to all the royal women on this forum. And the fact whether she is liked or not.

She does not embarrass the BRF in what she wears; royal reporters talk about how she is quite shy and reticent as a public figure (not with the public) and she engages with her work.

It's not perfect but so far I think she is doing just fine.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a fashion thread. It has nothing to do with her job or how she interacts with people. It's about how she dresses, plain and simple.

We are entitled to think her clothing is boring and tame. Just as people are entitled to think she is a fashion queen.

Maybe you are on the wrong thread if you think this is criticism of her person.

Hard hats shouldn't be required. I was under the impression we were here to discus fashion. Not just praise.

Btw perhaps instead of zeroing in on the negative, read all. My first line pethaps
Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This is a fashion thread. It has nothing to do with her job or how she interacts with people. It's about how she dresses, plain and simple.

We are entitled to think her clothing is boring and tame. Just as people are entitled to think she is a fashion queen.

Maybe you are on the wrong thread if you think this is criticism of her person.

Hard hats shouldn't be required. I was under the impression we were here to discus fashion. Not just praise.

Btw perhaps instead of zeroing in on the negative, read all. My first line pethaps
Then perhaps it would be helpful if everyone could explain what is required for her (and other royals - broadening the scope) to wearing

Just saying "boring" is unhelpful. What do people want - that might develop into a dialogue.

Hard not to "zero in on the negative" when one can predict the reponse.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

She has found a style that suits her and like all women (don't care who you are) you tend to stick with styles that you like and make you look good or how you want to appear.

When I worked in a office setting they required us to wear nice business clothing. Women wore nice suit type clothing or nice 'go to Church' dresses/outfits. Once you found a style that you liked you didn't deviate that much from it.

This is Kate's work attire...you are gonna keep seeing it for a long time.

LaRae
Old 05-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is nothing wrong in what she wears but why buy new things when she already has a lot the same. And wearing the same thing or colour again and again is boring. This nothing against Kate this is a fashion thread and her outfits can be boring
Old 05-12-2017, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Then perhaps it would be helpful if everyone could explain what is required for her (and other royals - broadening the scope) to wearing

Just saying "boring" is unhelpful. What do people want - that might develop into a dialogue.

Hard not to "zero in on the negative" when one can predict the reponse.
The color is meh. The dress is plain. And she had fifty exactly like it. Is that good enough

I seem to be the one and only poster you single out for calling it boring. Wonder why

Even when someone compliments her it's not good enough. Because anything but perfect praise is an attack. Ignore the fact I said even if boring she looked elegant and appropriate. Boring but appropriate.

I don't owe an explanation. No more than all the other posters who called it boring who you choose to ignore. I find it boring. Plain and simple. I find it boring.

But maybe Duke, queen penny, royal rob who you decided to allow to have their own opinion, would be able to qualify their opinion better than me.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
There is nothing wrong in what she wears but why buy new things when she already has a lot the same. And wearing the same thing or colour again and again is boring. This nothing against Kate this is a fashion thread and her outfits can be boring

You might as well ask any woman you know that question. Lots of them buy the same styles/colors they already have. I have a friend that buys new shirts all the time...they are all in the same range of colors and similar style for the most part.

I don't know why the same color is boring? She wears a wide range of colors...I'm not sure there's a color she hasn't worn within her work wardrobe. Blue is, I'm guessing, her favorite color.

LaRae
Old 05-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well if your friends dress the same all the time I would say they are boring but because this about Kate and not your friends I won't comment on them.

Closed Thread