The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Should have seen it coming. Get down, hide, here come the stones. We're eavilly picking on Kate. Every inch of her is perfection. If we see something wrong, it's because we're blind or were spiteful.

Guess what's if you go on any fashion thread you will find critiques of every Royal. No one gets it right every time, and even a seemingly elegant look may have a flaw for some people. Kate isn't some scapegoat martyr.

If I saw this look on another Royal, like maxima or Mathilde they would have got a harsher critique. I find the style matronly but it seems to suit Kate. Maxima I expect more colors, more modern, more risk.

As for the hat, well it's well established my opinion of a pill box on almost all occasion no matter who. There are the rare lady who pulls it off without it being matronly, because the rest of their outfit gives it a modern feel.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Majesty

The white look is lovely. She looks very elegant

Old 04-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Should have seen it coming. Get down, hide, here come the stones. We're eavilly picking on Kate. Every inch of her is perfection. If we see something wrong, it's because we're blind or were spiteful.

Guess what's if you go on any fashion thread you will find critiques of every Royal. No one gets it right every time, and even a seemingly elegant look may have a flaw for some people. Kate isn't some scapegoat martyr.

If I saw this look on another Royal, like maxima or Mathilde they would have got a harsher critique. I find the style matronly but it seems to suit Kate. Maxima I expect more colors, more modern, more risk.

As for the hat, well it's well established my opinion of a pill box on almost all occasion no matter who. There are the rare lady who pulls it off without it being matronly, because the rest of their outfit gives it a modern feel.

Whoa, holy overreaction, Batman. No one said anything even close to that. I was expressing my own opinion, not criticizing yours.

Mine is that Kate does not always pick the most interesting outfits, but always picks appropriate ones. Some other folks agree. Some don't! That's fine.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Let us please not start the same old discussion again: we are all free to share our opinions as long as we stay respectful towards each other and the persons we discuss. There's no need to make comparisons and no need to argue. Thank you!
Old 04-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge hosted a group of athletes running for Heads Together, in a reception at Kensington Palace today.

Nice and simple look for this event

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2616528493.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2616590698.jpg

Old 04-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Majesty

Yep. She can show off stripes.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes simple/casual ..works for the event. Not many women can pull off horizontal stripes.

LaRae
Old 04-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Majesty

I love the top. It's very chic.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the outfit especially the stripe top.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Great casual look. Like the stripes on her

As I said in Canada, many of her best looks for me are her casual looks. Manages to be modern age appropriate while still appropriate for the event.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that she shines in casual looks. She always seems more herself. I think of her more formal outfits as her royal uniform, her casual ones seem more like who she really is and how she's most comfortable.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We have a red Armani Suit this morning;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C911esYXsAEg0Qs.jpg:large
Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the Armani suit, the top looks so different from the usual jacket styles.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Majesty

Lovely. Though I have to say, I prefer to see her in British brands
Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We have a red Armani Suit this morning;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C911esYXsAEg0Qs.jpg:large
This is one of the loveliest outfits I've seen her in a while. Great from head to toe, it fits her like a glove. Her hair looks very nice too.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Like Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney ? Both brands are own by French company Kering run by Selma Hayek's husband. The fashion industry is pretty wide spread across the globe.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I adore the suit and it fits her like a glove, but, I do think that with William and Harry both with no ties/suits, this outfit might be a little to formal for the visit. A nice spring shift dress with great shoes would have been my preference. Leave this suit for another day.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...2690263160.jpg

very well fitted suit!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great in it ...from the front view it almost has a sporty feel to the top.

LaRae
Old 04-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Majesty

i loved everything about today's suit! fit is perfect and colour is ideal for spring. fab choice.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread