The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton steps out in Princess Diana's tiara

Diana wore it the best. Miss her dearly!!! Her charity work speaks for itself. No one else in the royal family came down to that level with the poor like she did!!! NONE!!!!

That's true... if your only source of information are tabloids.

If they're not- it's pretty clear that philanthropy is something the entire Royal Family engages in and Diana was really good at it but so are other members of the family.

True story.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I disagree. IMHO the Duchess of Kent has also been an excellent ambassador for the BRF and working with underprivileged people but she's never received the coverage that the late PoW received.

so incredibly not the thread for this.

I notice that the Queen and Camilla were both wearing white...and Kate was in red. Is there a reason for this or just a personal preference?

LaRae

I must say I am starting to see a trend. I love her more casual side. I find majority of her day looks matronly, or just boring, with some exceptions. Her evening looks have a few more hits then misses. But her casual looks I enjoy. In Canada this was even more clear. I guess perhaps because she feels a bit more her age, not like she is trying to be someone else and dressing older.

Never a huge fan of skinny jeans but I like this look. I love the simple grey turtleneck, it has neat detail in the arms. And I love the boots. Great for the event :flowers:

Love the color of the pants, boots and style of the sweater, but I don't think the color of the sweater does much for her.

LaRae

Her casual look is always well suited and well put together without being boring. This is a nice look, warm and comfortable.

She looks great. I love the top.

Last edited:
I don't like her casual looks at all. Trousers are to tight and looks lkie their are wash-out. Boots are also naaaah. The top is boring.

I'd prefer her in some soft red cardigan, maybe with something extra on it, blue jeans and black leather boots. Still comfortable, casual, but more dressy.

It's a scouts event, something fancier would not be appropriate. Though agree hate her tight pants.

Last edited:
Her casual look is always well suited and well put together without being boring. This is a nice look, warm and comfortable.

And it's practical for icing cupcakes, practicing first aid and playing with a parachute.

What she was doing didn't call for dressy. She is dressed comfortable to be with kids.

All in all she looked good. The relaxed look was appropriate for the event, and I liked the sweater. The only thing that wasn't right for me was her hair: too flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to like it....I do like the print...but not that much of the print. Maybe if it was a top of the print with a dark skirt. Or the skirt with a dark top.

I like the style ...a scoop or vee neck might of made it look less severe though.

LaRae

Kate Middleton joined by William and Harry at charity event | Daily Mail Online

Video in the article. Nice look at the clothes and a funny exchange with Harry and Kate.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to like it....I do like the print...but not that much of the print. Maybe if it was a top of the print with a dark skirt. Or the skirt with a dark top.

I like the style ...a scoop or vee neck might of made it look less severe though.

LaRae

Totally agree. Too much of the print, better broken up by solid bottom or top. And your neckline suggestion as well.

I do give her points for the festive color:flowers:

Nice dress but the skirt is too long - knee length would be better.

Look good with one of her red or green coats

Dislike the dress. Colors are festive. Wondering if some more interesting accessories could have made it a better look...red shoes maybe or a more colorful belt.

I Not being funny when I say I can easily visualise the Queen or Princess Anne wearing this. It looks ancient but in the case of Kate's clothes that's not for the first time.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree with Princess Anne; but I can't imagine HM wearing Catherine's dress. I like the festive colours, but it does indeed look rather old fashioned. It has quite a 1940s vibe to me.

In my opinion a reasonably pretty frock is spoilt by the severe and heavy-looking belt and buckle. Just a narrow, not-too-tight belt covered in the dress-fabric would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom