The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the colour of Catherine's coat was gorgeous and her fur scarf adds an extra piece of sophistication to the outfit (coincidentally, my mother wore the same scarf to our Christmas this year too :D).

The coat and fur looked very pretty.
I wish her hair could be in a style that didn't need her attention every thirty seconds :bang:

It a a very repeated obsession to this thread Catherine's loose hair. It is almost clear that Catherine loves her hair loose and down, except very rare evening occasions. Reasons for me are clear and simple. She has gorgeous hair, they suit her and probably William loves them, and she is young. So simple. It is funny to see the same comments again and again, as it is absolutely obvious that she keeps hair up for some evening occasion and for the decades to come.
I presume that if TRF existed 30 years ago it would be a similar obsession for Diana's short hair....

The coat and fur looked very pretty.
I wish her hair could be in a style that didn't need her attention every thirty seconds :bang:

I thought the hair looked lovely. This was not a public engagement, just a relatively brief visit to a local church.

I think the colour of Catherine's coat was gorgeous and her fur scarf adds an extra piece of sophistication to the outfit (coincidentally, my mother wore the same scarf to our Christmas this year too :D).

I agree. The faux fur also brought the coat completely on-trend for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a fan of the dress, but again it's The Hair! Pulled back off her face and the look would have been much less fussy / middle aged looking IMO.

I liked the coats at Christmas 2015 and I like now. Not a fan though of the bizarre fur hat though.

All three women in her family look nice. Not a fan of pill box on most people but suits carol. I like Pippa best, save the shoulder detail.

Last edited:
I really love this green coat Kate is wearing! My other favorite is the one Carole is wearing. LOVE that.

LaRae

Nice coat. Hat is awful. I think both sisters could take the spike heels down an inch or two for Sunday church.

I really love this green coat Kate is wearing! My other favorite is the one Carole is wearing. LOVE that.

LaRae

I like the hat as well. It's warm and suitable for church. HM and other royal ladies have been seen in them for winter church services for years.

She really can't win with the heels. She was criticized by some for wearing a 'granny heel' at Christmas.

LaRae

I like the coat but not the fur hat.

I think Pippa looks best.

See now I didn't care for what Pippa was wearing..the color just blended into her whole look...maybe if she'd worn a pop of color.

LaRae

I thought everyone looked lovely. I especially loved Katherine's hat, really great for a cold day. I would have loved Pippa's choices IF they had been a different color.

Last edited:
Having said that I don't like furs, Kate looked just fine.

its not fur, its alpaca

That is too cool... Alpaca is like touching a cloud it is so soft and luxurious.

I have a friend who raises them and uses their hair for textiles.

LaRae

The green coat is very elegant. It's a great color.

Someone got paid fir that:ROFLMAO:

One it is alpaca hair/fibre not fur.

Two all alpaca fibre is green. You are not skinning an animal like a fur coat. Comparing her hat to like say the Indian leather trade where they use cows who died naturally is wrong. Alpacas are sheared like a sheep, and are alive when done. It's done in the spring, so they stay cool in the summer and have wool back by the time winter comes.

I do wonder at what age she will tire of the whole elevated waist look? Because I am bored. :sad: Maybe never, the Queen certainly has a silhouette she sticks to like glue.

I like the dress, and it seems this style has become Kate's get-go for events that involve children.

I love the color...but I don't like the weird seam that comes across the arms and down the the bust.

Love the shoes!

LaRae

Sigh...yet another coat dress that doesn't fit right. Her natural waist is about two inches below where the belt is hitting. It just looks poorly tailored the way it fits her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah it's inexplicable to me why she (and a few other royals) keep having this issue with clothing when they all have access to good quality tailoring not to mention the means to have it done.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom