The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree matronly, but nice at least to see a bit of color and print on her.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it really suits her and she looks comfortable in it

Old 11-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a nice dress but looks ideal for an informal dinner IMO not an event with kids.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:10 AM
Serene Highness

i think she looks fine.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Agree matronly, but nice at least to see a bit of color and print on her.
She is a matron

I think this dress looks lovely on her. Very soft and elegant.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess on archaic terms when it refers simply to a wife. In modern terms, matron refers to middle aged women, and matronly to women who dress like it. Coming from a woman who is eight months older, I would think she or anyone else our age would be appalled to be referred to as a matron.

At thirty four she is hardly middle aged. Unfortunately her clothes often wouldnt look out of place on fifty one year old Sophie.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

She's not a single girl in her 20's either. She's in her mid 30's and has two children, married to the future King.

It's not like she doesn't get a bit daring or flashy at times, she keeps her more daring looks to evening events where it's more appropriate.

I don't know why anyone is surprised when she wears mature and/or conservative clothing when 'working'. She does wear a short hemline/low cut top now and then when on the job.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2016, 07:59 AM
Majesty

i think that "solemn looks" age her a lot... but it was an appropriate ensemble for the remembrance service!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Catherine looked very good and appropriate for the memorial.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She's not a single girl in her 20's either. She's in her mid 30's and has two children, married to the future King.

It's not like she doesn't get a bit daring or flashy at times, she keeps her more daring looks to evening events where it's more appropriate.

I don't know why anyone is surprised when she wears mature and/or conservative clothing when 'working'. She does wear a short hemline/low cut top now and then when on the job.

LaRae

No one is asking her to war short skirts and deep necklines. One doesn't have yo dress like a twenty year old or a fifty year old. There is a fantastic fashion for the in between decades. Heck even if she took a page from the princesses who are in their late thirties. There is a difference between age appropriate sad matronly. Just because you are married with kids doesn't mean you have to dress like granny.

The problem I have is she seems to agree eith you, that to look young she has to shorten a hemline or deepen a neck which isn't always appropriate.

As for the memorial look, which hasn't been posted, we were discussing her printed dress from another event, she looked lovely.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:47 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton's best red dresses over the years - from Alexander McQueen to Preen - Mirror Online
Old 12-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Commoner

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton steps out in Princess Diana's tiara

Diana wore it the best. Miss her dearly!!! Her charity work speaks for itself. No one else in the royal family came down to that level with the poor like she did!!! NONE!!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol18 View Post

Diana wore it the best. Miss her dearly!!! Her charity work speaks for itself. No one else in the royal family came down to that level with the poor like she did!!! NONE!!!!

That's true... if your only source of information are tabloids.

If they're not- it's pretty clear that philanthropy is something the entire Royal Family engages in and Diana was really good at it but so are other members of the family.

True story.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol18 View Post

I disagree. IMHO the Duchess of Kent has also been an excellent ambassador for the BRF and working with underprivileged people but she's never received the coverage that the late PoW received.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I disagree. IMHO the Duchess of Kent has also been an excellent ambassador for the BRF and working with underprivileged people but she's never received the coverage that the late PoW received.
so incredibly not the thread for this.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I notice that the Queen and Camilla were both wearing white...and Kate was in red. Is there a reason for this or just a personal preference?

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a grey polo neck and skinny jeans to attend a special Cub Scout Pack meeting with youngsters from the Kings Lynn District on Wednesday night to celebrate 100 years of the organisation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1742778692.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1741747160.jpg
Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I must say I am starting to see a trend. I love her more casual side. I find majority of her day looks matronly, or just boring, with some exceptions. Her evening looks have a few more hits then misses. But her casual looks I enjoy. In Canada this was even more clear. I guess perhaps because she feels a bit more her age, not like she is trying to be someone else and dressing older.

Never a huge fan of skinny jeans but I like this look. I love the simple grey turtleneck, it has neat detail in the arms. And I love the boots. Great for the event
Old 12-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the color of the pants, boots and style of the sweater, but I don't think the color of the sweater does much for her.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Her casual look is always well suited and well put together without being boring. This is a nice look, warm and comfortable.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats