The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate wearing an Erdem coat and a black vintage blouse for an away day in Manchester

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/396124CC00000578-3837931-image-a-17_1476440870076.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39614C2F00000578-3837931-image-m-37_1476442017299.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39612AEB00000578-3837931-image-a-32_1476441365359.jpg

Please, what's with that blouse? It looks like lingerie and why lace for a daytime event? Shoes are wrong too but I love that coat.
Why was my first reaction to the coat- " prision uniform".:lol:" Miss for me!

Last edited:
It either didn't hold well or Catherine undid it for the next event.

I think you are right. But I don't understand whats the point in a ponytail if then it has to be undone? Doesn't make sense to me, especially in that context.

Why was my first reaction to the coat- " prision uniform".:lol:" Miss for me!

For me, it was 'looks like a bathrobe/dressing gown'. It's different from what Catherine usually wears, but in my opinion, it doesn't look all that great in her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Sorry, but that skirt was miles too short for a public engagement, and the coat looked as if it has gone a couple of times too many in the washing machine.

If she didn't have the tights on I'd agree the skirt is too short. But with the tights it looks ok...I love the color and pattern on the skirt.

I love the color of the coat too....the fuzzy texture doesn't bother me. It looks soft and cozy.

LaRae

She wore an understated look, as it should be for this type of event. The coat is not very pretty but it looked warm and I think that was okay.

Pretty blue color on that coat! Mohair, like linen is not for perfectionists, but it is wonderfully warm.
And that short skirt is reminding me how not-old the Duchess is.
I think this is so very cute and appropriate. :flowers:

I love the blue coat. It looks warm and cozy. The outfit under the coat is understated and it fits the event. The length of the skirt is fine, especially with the opaque tights. I have a pair of those, only in grey. They work wonderfully.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yet more new clothes! She really should reuse her clothes a lot more than she does. She has a real chance to be an example to the young that if you buy good quality clothes, you can get a lot of use out of them.

She looks lovely and chic. The coat goes great with the look.

Yet more new clothes! She really should reuse her clothes a lot more than she does. She has a real chance to be an example to the young that if you buy good quality clothes, you can get a lot of use out of them.

The clothes are all said to be recycled.

Yes the coat and skirt are both recycled. The skirt we saw when she was guest editor for vogue. The jacket she hasn't worn officially, but was seen when she was boarding a helicopter in February.

I love the cost. Great color and I love mohair. Soft cozy look for fall :flowers:

I love the style, design and fabric of the skirt. It looks much better this time, with the black top, and not the old fashioned white blouse she wore in February. :)

But I do agree, even with opaque tights, it is too short for official engagements. And I think her hair back is better suited with a high neck.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 -

If she didn't have the tights on I'd agree the skirt is too short. But with the tights it looks ok...I love the color and pattern on the skirt.

I love the color of the coat too....the fuzzy texture doesn't bother me. It looks soft and cozy.

LaRae

Exactly. I think the tights keep the skirt from being too short. I love her skirt. Super cute. The top goes well with it. I think it actually looks better with the dark top rather than the white one she wore before.

I like the coat too. Nice color, looks cozy.

Last edited:

It's such an odd thing for royals. They get in trouble for having too many new clothes and they get in trouble for rewearing things too often. But then again, someone will always be unhappy, no matter what. Can't please everyone.

I like the outfit today. She looks good for the event at hand.

I see nothing wrong with the skirt length. Especially since it's paired with thick black tights. I liked the skirt the first time she wore it, so I'm glad to see her in it again. The coat is beautiful...I really like the color and the texture. As someone else said, it looks cozy. I think the entire outfit is lovely.

beautiful color on the coat, nice outfit
I think she should do something with her hair, not an updo, but maybe pulled back in a nice ponytail or something
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/04/15/3A10E5D200000578-3904856-image-a-75_1478272798357.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/04/12/3A1014A500000578-3904856-image-m-7_1478262983455.jpg

I think her hair looks fine with this outfit.

No, the entire look is recycled.

Her outfit was too dark IMO. I don't care for the skirt and the turtleneck top, but the stockings were too dark/thick. Her hair should've been pulled in a ponytail. The coat added some nice color to the look but the coat isn't the nicest.

Funny all the different opinions on the recent outfit. I am in the she looked fine, nice outfit camp.

I like Catherine's latest outfit. I love her coat, it looks beautiful and that colour is great! It reminds me of winter.

as pointed above, her outfit is recycled. in fact, i find her one of the most 'thrifty' royals, she reuses quite a lot.

I have always loved this coat, she looks very elegant, happy she continues to recycle. Her hair looks wonderful too, glad she opted for a chic updo, and not fussing with loose hair in the wind as she has. I love the full hat on her, it completes the look. All in all a wonderful somber but elegant look. :flowers:

Now the Duchess has to show who she really is and what she can do.
She has to obtain the family Order , the English Sash and perhaps a role in the Army as the Countess of Wessix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom