The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when someone comes on a fashion thread and then asks why we are talking about fashion !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Sorry, I don't really comment on fashion because it's frankly irrelevant. But, why does Kate have a responsibility to entertain you with her wardrobe? I simply do not understand this concept, truly. Mind-boggling.

I agree with others that the very fact that this thread exists means it's an almost completely frivolous pursuit. Maybe think of us as hobbyists? Some of us more avid than others? Some of us like to comment relative to our own taste, some relative to our idea of what we see is royal, some of us relative to what's in or out of style. So we see it as her responsibility to dress au courant, royally or even as we would.
It's kinda her job. In the same way a female CEO would never get the job if she dressed inappropriately, it's a game we play. And lets not meander off topic and discuss female CEOs. :flowers:

I really dislike this dress and the curls just add to my dislike. its both whimsical and matronly - a real miss for me.

Kate wearing an Erdem coat and a black vintage blouse for an away day in Manchester

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/396124CC00000578-3837931-image-a-17_1476440870076.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39614C2F00000578-3837931-image-m-37_1476442017299.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39612AEB00000578-3837931-image-a-32_1476441365359.jpg

Please, what's with that blouse? It looks like lingerie and why lace for a daytime event? Shoes are wrong too but I love that coat.

I love that coat. It's beautiful and different from what she tends to wear. Her hair is styled beautifully. Great look.

Kate looks great in that Erdem coat, but only a woman with her height and slender build could wear it- anyone else would look huge!

Her hair looks pretty, it's nice to see her adopting different styles.

I do like the coat, and Kate's hair, no flapping about! Why a black lacy blouse though, for a day time engagement? Why not a simple white blouse, or better, one that picks up the blue in the coat design?

I love that coat. It's beautiful and different from what she tends to wear. Her hair is styled beautifully. Great look.

I agree. It's a beautiful look that is suited for daytime engagements IMO.:flowers:

She looks very nice! A nice coat that works well both for the wreath laying and the rest of the days activities. The peek of the cute top/dress and it's crotcheted (?) texture is a very nice detail and her hair is a nice variation on a traditional ponytail. A great, solid workday look in my book :)

She looks beautiful. I love the coat.

Love the shoe color! Hair and jewelry are great! Coat is okay.

LaRae

I think that this look is great! My preference would be for a solid top rather than a lace one, because the lace and the plaid vie for attention. But all in all, I think that Kate looks wonderful. :flowers:

i like the coat but agree about the blouse.
Lovely colors on the coat

Really like the coat and hairstyle. It might just be a decorative centre piece of lace on an otherwise plain fabric. We perhaps shouldn't assume it is a lace blouse.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I quite like the outfit Catherine wore during her trip to the Netherlands. That lilac colour is pretty and soft. It suits her well.

I'm on the fence with the outfit Catherine wore in Manchester today though. One part of me thinks that it's pretty, and the coat looks warm and snug. But there's something about the texture of the coat that throws me off a little for some reason.

Wow, not say this often, but I really like her coat :flowers: may not be the most beautiful piece but it's pretty and such a refreshing change from her usual :)

Her hair looks fantastic. Maybe shouldn't give up hope her hair styles of Canada would not continue. This was great:flowers:

Only thing I would change is the lace blouse.

Maybe it's just me, but the blouse doesn't look lace to me. It looks more crocheted.

Nice,hairdo, glad to see the hairdresser has something to do, but just don't like the coat. The colors,just don't do anything for her. Uh attractive blouse

I like the coat, it's bold and great for fall. I like the shoes with it. Not quite understanding the bit of lace beneath.

I love the coat, the pumps were a perfect match and so was the clutch. The lace top underneath looked like a lingerie camisole IMO. The hair twinned back wasn't pretty, looked weird with the dangling open hair with the coat collar, maybe would been nice with a collarless coat/shirt.

The coat is noy my cup of tea but looked good on her. I liked also her hair, because it was styled a bit different for once. But then it seems it didn't work?

The coat is noy my cup of tea but looked good on her. I liked also her hair, because it was styled a bit different for once. But then it seems it didn't work?

It either didn't hold well or Catherine undid it for the next event.

I am just hoping it didn't hold well. Her hair looked much better done up, then when she wore it loose later. I am never a big fan of her loose looks, but it really didn't work well with the coat. So much better earlier.

I just want to go on record as saying I thought her hair was fine. Not perfect. Not inspiring a concert of archangels. But fine. :flowers:

Kate wearing an Erdem coat and a black vintage blouse for an away day in Manchester

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/396124CC00000578-3837931-image-a-17_1476440870076.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39614C2F00000578-3837931-image-m-37_1476442017299.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/14/11/39612AEB00000578-3837931-image-a-32_1476441365359.jpg

Please, what's with that blouse? It looks like lingerie and why lace for a daytime event? Shoes are wrong too but I love that coat.

Why not lace in the daytime? What's wrong with it?

Just because it's lace, doesn't make it lingerie either.

I personally don't like the coat, I think it's too boxy for her. But I love her going outside her comfort zone colour wise.

Doesn't look like lace to me, but crochet as Erin9 pointed out.

Kate previously wore it on October 8, 2012.

I think it's fine. I'm not a fan of the pattern of the coat, but it looks better in some photos than in others.

I love the coat. It's great and different to her normal coats.

Totally confused by the comment about lace and lingerie

Pop over to Princess Marys day time wear - meeting olympians in a maroon lace dress; Ive seen Queen Maxima wearing a beautiful jade green lace dress with a v nice hat in daytime:eek:

Dont see criticism there.

no one knows what that top is because no one has seen it except for a small crochet trim.

:previous: I know people desperately try to defend Kate by saying 'but others do it too and you don't complain' but if you look at the Mary thread you will indeed find people commenting on lace in the day. And other threads too. This isn't a witch hunt on Kate :bang:

Not all lace looks like lingerie. No one is saying that. But not all lace or lace dresses are made equal. Nor are all day events the same. What is appropriate for one day event is not for another.

Agree or not, that's fine. To some of us, the peek of lace here looks to some of us like her camasal is showing. :ermm: it took away from an over all good look.

Totally confused by the comment about lace and lingerie

Pop over to Princess Marys day time wear - meeting olympians in a maroon lace dress; Ive seen Queen Maxima wearing a beautiful jade green lace dress with a v nice hat in daytime:eek:

Dont see criticism there.

no one knows what that top is because no one has seen it except for a small crochet trim.

I agree cepe. As far as I can tell it is simply a small detail on a top/blouse. We've certainly seen Kate and other royals wear lace or clothing with a lace trim before. :)

Doesn't look like lace to me, but crochet as Erin9 pointed out.

Kate previously wore it on October 8, 2012.

I think it's fine. I'm not a fan of the pattern of the coat, but it looks better in some photos than in others.
Thank you for sharing this photo of Kate wearing this top four years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom