The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Majesty

kate always looks great in eponine - good choice again.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I do wonder at what age she will tire of the whole elevated waist look? Because I am bored. Maybe never, the Queen certainly has a silhouette she sticks to like glue.
The Queen's style has evolved both fashion and age wise throughout her life. Having matching coats and dresses and sticking with a white or a pale palette in gala wear, all without waist's is perfectly acceptable at 90!

Catherine, on the other hand, seems to push toward a higher waistline, above the natural waist but below an empire line. When she adds a belt it just looks odd, although it does give the illusion that her legs are even longer.

The most puzzling thing is her hair. She is obviously immensely proud of it and grows it increasingly long and voluminous. That is not a criticism just a fact. The problem to me is what she does with it when on royal engagements and on this occasion all those curls and waves just don't do any favours for her ensemble in much the same way as it does with many of her ensembles. However, the move toward using children's hair grips is going way too far. It looks like she raided her daughter's hair ornaments.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
She looks fabulous!

As for how many blue coats she owns, obviously it depends on your definition, but I'm counting 18, but I don't have 2016 all put together so I might have missed one (and a couple I counted could go either for coat dress or just coat). 9 she has worn only once (from what I counted), but four could be considered maternity coats, and two are from 2016 or 2017.

That leaves 9 that she's worn more than once and two that she's worn three or more times.

18 blue coats in 7 years (one she wore before her marriage), isn't that bad in my opinion. And we don't know which one's she's purchased and which she only borrowed (if she's ever done that).

but this is a conversation that comes up for many of the women and I can't always disagree. But I'm poor, so in my mind, if I was Kate, I'd wear the same thing 20 times in a year (and thus you all would hate my fashion sense for the other side, lol).
Old 01-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The Queen's style has evolved both fashion and age wise throughout her life. Having matching coats and dresses and sticking with a white or a pale palette in gala wear, all without waist's is perfectly acceptable at 90!

Catherine, on the other hand, seems to push toward a higher waistline, above the natural waist but below an empire line. When she adds a belt it just looks odd, although it does give the illusion that her legs are even longer.

The most puzzling thing is her hair. She is obviously immensely proud of it and grows it increasingly long and voluminous. That is not a criticism just a fact. The problem to me is what she does with it when on royal engagements and on this occasion all those curls and waves just don't do any favours for her ensemble in much the same way as it does with many of her ensembles. However, the move toward using children's hair grips is going way too far. It looks like she raided her daughter's hair ornaments.
That's the most exciting thing. Getting to know Catherine and through her personal style.

I think she should take some inspiration from Crown Princess Mary, but I have to accept her own personality and style. It will change over time though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful coat which fits just perfectly. I like the elevated waist, it gives a slight twist. However, the coat isn't that unusual to really justify another blue coat, I agree. Or maybe not..do you have images for the 18 blue coats Gomnatt, so we could judge?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Nobility

You could go to Pinterest and input "duchess of cambridge blue coat" and get quite a few of them, including at least one in the exact same shade of royal blue.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

I really like the elevated waist on her. When she wears a belt at her natural waist, it's just never very flattering for her. We all have to dress for the body we have, and that often means returning to the cuts that work for us. She does have a lot of blue coats, but she does at least go for different shades of blue, for the most part, and I feel like she's pretty good both about rewearing items and about buying from reasonably priced brands as she does fancy, expensive ones. She's a princess, for goodness sake, and in the phase of her royal career where she's expected to be at her most stylish. If she didn't wear new things from time to time these days, the complaints would be deafening. When she reaches Anne and Camilla's age, the public will be more content to see her wear the same things over and over, but she's not to that stage in life yet.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Beautiful coat which fits just perfectly. I like the elevated waist, it gives a slight twist. However, the coat isn't that unusual to really justify another blue coat, I agree. Or maybe not..do you have images for the 18 blue coats Gomnatt, so we could judge?
I could absolutely put a post together, so just give me an hour or so!

and done. (I had to put it on my tumblr because my photobucket wouldn't load for me.)

I put it by year. The two pre-wedding events were included because she later wore those coats again after her wedding. And I did include every event I could find, so the repeats are included.

Here is the post

A few comments: I don't know if the 2016 events are complete because I haven't finished compiling her 2016 events. And certainly my eyes might be mistaking a black coat for navy or grey for blue. Feel free to disagree.

I found 34 different events she wore a blue coat or coat/dress to. I included the blue/green plaid even though you could probably consider that more green than blue. There were a couple I didn't include because either I didn't think you could call it a coat or I wasn't really sure if it was blue. Again, feel free to disagree.

I believe 10 have been repeated at least once, with 2 being repeated more than 2 times. 11 have only been worn once, but one was in 2016 and one was in 2017, so they are still new. Two or three could be considered maternity coats, which may explain why she hasn't repeated them. And I'd really only consider one or two to be the same color as the one she just wore, but they are different styles. In the end, that leaves 21 different coats.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

I think that she and her mother and sister share garments from time to time.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, in at least a few occasions, Carol has enjoyed royal hand me downs
Who Wore It Best: Kate or Carole Middleton?! - So Sue Me
Old 01-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much gomdnatt,for,putting all those coats together! And really, it makes me remember how her clothes really fit so much better now and she has found a longer length which is so much more flattering to her. And really, there were a lot of maternity coats and this new coat is so much nicer than the other one which is the most similar in the list. Let's put it this way, I hope she retires a lot of the older ones!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think Catherine's blue coat is gorgeous and her hair is great too. Overall I have no complaints.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

It's being identified as a dress and not a coat.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post

Something about it just doesn't read dress to me, but I can't really explain it. But okay, it's a dress.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post

Fug girls call it a coat. It's a fashion throw-down.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:19 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in a "£1,050 embroidered dress by Erdem" at a briefing to outline the next phase of the charity Heads Together in London today, January 17:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 01-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Majesty

The dress is nice, but not suprising, as its style is the same Kate has been wearing for a while. I think that the major point is her hair, which looks really good!

The price is a bit high for a such a dress, but I guess I will never be able to get used to the price/quality ratio...
Old 01-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry, for me it's a granny's dress above the knee with a horrible wall of hair and bad posture.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the dress and this is the best I've seen Catherine's hair in a long time. Just beautiful.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I love the dress and this is the best I've seen Catherine's hair in a long time. Just beautiful.
I agree, I thought she looked great.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats