The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion and Style
Part 1

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to have to revise my earlier opinion on her outfit. I just saw the bottom of her coat and I love it. The detailing is really nice.

I do agree with others that her hair should have been pulled back. Maybe in a low ponytail or something.

We'll have more fashion to talk about. Catherine is attending a wedding today with her sister Pippa! No pictures yet but I will post it latter as soon as I get them. The photographer did say Princess Beatrice and Holly Branson are there as well. I guess it's Sam Waley-Cohen wedding

Frock and awe: Kate Middleton and Pippa shine at wedding - mirror.co.uk

Same hat, different dress

Last edited by a moderator:
Thakn you Mia. What a good news...

And agree the outfit is beautiful but not the hairdo.

Has this woman not heard of COLOUR?

Thank you, Mia. From what I can see, the dress is cute. Need to see a full shot though.

Not liking Pippa's outfit. The coat looks too big and the color is awful.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Trooping The Colour outfit, but I am a fan of Alexander McQueen label, so I am biased! This brand seems to fit Catherine well and the detail round the hips/waist is reminiscent of her wedding dress. I am not so keen on the hat as I think a lighter shade would look better with her dark hair and I must say I do like her smaller hats. Perhaps Catherine would look nice with her hair up when wearing a hat.

Love the outfit for the Trooping of the Colour, particularly the headpiece. :D Her hair is absolutely stunning, I am glad she chose to wear it down.

justina said:
these are not the same shoes

The website where I got the pics said they were but I agree they look diff but obviously the ones on her feet are her wedding shoes

The website where I got the pics said they were but I agree they look diff but obviously the ones on her feet are her wedding shoes

What website is it then? The first pair are not her wedding shoes, the second pair are.

Skippy said:
What website is it then? The first pair are not her wedding shoes, the second pair are.

It was on FaceBook What Kate Wore's page- someone linked them :) Sorry

Love the cream McQueen jacket.
The designs almost look like her wedding dress.

If Kate continues to pop up wearing Alexander McQueen, I'll die. I think McQueen's clothes flatter Kate. They are structured, elegant and romantic without being fussy. The coat is a great statement piece. It's expensive, but she will get a lot of use out of it.

I also love the hat. It's big enough to make a statement but not too crazy and wacky.

Not that I don't like the clothes that she has been wearing, but I think she needs to be more adventurous with color, everthing has been black, white, cream, etc. You can wear color without having it be like saying "look at me"! I think Kate looks good in colors like blue, green, and purple. I just hope she adds more variation color-wise to her wardrobe, even more so if she attends ascot.

Last edited:
I like outfit from Trooping the Color, cut of the coat is amazing. Black&white is always good combination.
Wedding outfit is not that interesting. For me this dress is not enough festive for such a occasion. Black accessories are doing nothing to make whole look more eye-catching. Overall safe but boring.
But I'm waiting for tomorrow.

I like the Trooping of the Colour outfit. Classic and understated. Kate doesn't need "color" to stand out, she does that already by being the new addition in the firm. The McQueen jacket is amazing. Hope to see it more often when fall/winter arrive.

I think Catherine looked rather well for Trooping the Colour. I'm not a hat person, but I'm rather partial to the one she had on today. It went with the rest of the outfit.

Kate has such strong coloring that neutrals are very good, and classy, on her. Bold colors will fight for attention. She's so amazingly attractive that she can be understated and still command plenty of notice. It was wise of her to be understated when she's with the rest of the royals...

It's interesting reading through all of the comments on Catherine's style, and I find I'm often reminded of the feelings I have when I'm reading the CP Victoria threads. The same comments are made over and over time and again. With CP Victoria, everyone is "tired of the ponytail," and wish for something different. With Catherine, it's constantly the same things, more color, different hair, less eyeliner.

Personally I think both women look great, and considering the amount of time they spend "on display" for the public, they need to feel comfortable. They're under immense pressure from the public to present themselves in a very specific light, one misstep and their names are in the papers for weeks... If creams and neutrals are what Catherine feels comfortable with, as she transitions into her new role, then who are we to criticize? She has years to make a splash and to make mistakes, but if it were me, these early days, when the interest is far more intense (because lets face it, she's the new sparkly diamond of the BRF), then it's smart to play it safe and stay in what's left of her comfort zone.

Both outfits from to day were a smash in my book. The Trooping jacket is gorgeous, I may need to go on the hunt...

Well said Britters.

Its about what Catherine feels comfortable with. Maybe at some point she will be comfortable and adventureous and start to experiment with her clothing....and than maybe not.

Her job is to be comfortable, do her royal engagements, support William and the BRF and provide heirs. And not in any particular order.

Maybe its just me...but I don't want her to be a Mabel or an old Eugenie (Wearing clothes that are so adventureous that she looks ridiculous). Her look might be boring to us but if her husband (and more importantly ) Kate enjoys her wardrobe who are we to say differently.

Kate is classic and understated and she pretty much always dress appropriate for the occassion and maybe thats enough for right now.

Again.....bows on a wedding dress people....bows on a wedding dress.

I LOVE the white McQueen coat with its interesting skirt detailing. However, I owned something rather similar back in the late 80's, by an LA designer, except that it was in red. I would like to see her in more color, though I'm a blonde who can't wear a lot of white well, whereas the Duchess, with her dark hair and slightly olive complexion, can pull it off.

The hat is fun, and it works nicely with the simple black and white dress, too.

Pippa doesn't quite have her sister's sense of style or her height and build. She looked terrific in her bridesmaid's dress, but she's got some distance to go in terms of choosing clothes in general, and because her physique is different, she's never going to make the same impact as the Duchess does. She needs to work on finding clothes that flatter her more.

I have gone trough a opinion change. I woke up early to catch the very beginning of the event, and as soon as I saw Catherine I couldn't helped but feel disappointed. I, much like other, wanted her to wear something colorful. So the cream did not go well inicialy. We could only see the upper part of the coat , and it didn't look like anything special.
Until the first pictures of her standing in the other balcony with Camilla. The bottom of this coat-dress is what makes the difference. Also it was clearly a close design to her wedding dress (which I loooove). So I took it back :D.
However I'm still looking for some great red/yellow/emerald-green attires.
I really believe the Duchess will be more bold, color-wise, during her Canadian tour. fingers cross. It's not like she doesn't like wearing them, there is a picture of her in a beautiful red dress , just check Catherine Middleton' pictures thread. So there is hope , people aka Lumutgreen :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom