The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's a Mcqueen coat. See on the VOGUE UK with shorts sleeves. I absolutly love the coat and the brooch (is it the right spelling?), the Irish symbol. Great class.

I think I could easily see Charlene wear the same outfit. Both like simple outfits without too much fuss and colour. Love the clutch (it's Mc Queen as well without the dead head witch is on every clutch).

Love love every details of the new outfit.

I' m happy because I hated so much the blue embroiled coat she wore at Prince Philip Birthday Mass.

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if I like this or not. I may have to give it some time to grow on me, but I don't off the bat love it. Although regardless of how I feel about the outfit it is very flattering on her and she looks fantastic in it.

Edit- according to the Kate Middleton style blog the brooch was the Queen Mums and Princess Anne gave it to Kate for today-

http://katemiddletonstyle.org/

Kate’s Shamrock Brooch:
The gold and emerald shamrock brooch worn by Kate used to belong to the late Queen Mother. It was handed to Kate specially for today by the Princess Royal, the previous colonel to the regiment. (Thanks to @TheRoyalEditor for the information.)

Last edited:
Great outfit! Is it a coat or a dress?
Military style outfit for a military event: I like it!
She's very thin but I think that it goes well with this kind of dress/coat.

I really like this outfit. Catherine is one classy act - I love the brooch - would like to see close up of the bracelet.

The gold and emerald shamrock brooch worn by Kate used to belong to the late Queen Mother
I"m only seeing gold. Any good close picture with only the brooch?

I love the choice of clothing, but with a dark reed shoe would've make a better ensemble.

Considering that before handing down the medals, William and Catherine met with widow of soldiers the dark navy blue of the coat is perfect selection.

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2011/06/kate-middletonduchesss-catherinein.html?spref=tw

She looks wonderful! I love this outfit she looks like she is having fun with it. Good for her.

Nice outfit, she looks good in navy. Looks like Kate got a charm bracelet, hope to see her add charms as she fills out her duties and travels!

I like the military style, very british, looks great. I have to say that Kate looks very masculine and almost haggard, defo older than her age.

I love the Duchess style. She's always well turned out. She & William look great.

Very classy. Love the shamrock brooch. Nicely done.

Wow, she looks amazing in the tailored coat. Incredible. I admire her discipline in staying very slim. But, am I going out on a limb to say that a bit less glamour might have been more appropriate for soldiers coming back from war? She looks practically giddy in some of the photos. As I'm not a veteran, I don't know but perhaps looking a little more stoic might have worked better? :whistling:

I like this coat, color and cut, suitable for the occasion. Nice accessories. This brooch is lovely addition.

It's new and that is a change , she looks very nice in navy and the hat is cute.

Wow, she looks amazing in the tailored coat. Incredible. I admire her discipline in staying very slim. But, am I going out on a limb to say that a bit less glamour might have been more appropriate for soldiers coming back from war? She looks practically giddy in some of the photos. As I'm not a veteran, I don't know but perhaps looking a little more stoic might have worked better? :whistling:

I'm thinking a lovely smile and chat may work much better for young men coming back from service than stoicism. I think she looks very lovely and love the way she relates to children. Having something to say to each person is quite a task.

lancchick said:

Most soldiers coming back from war are absolutely thrilled to be home and be reunited with their families. It's a joyous, gleeful occasion for them, and I'm sure they liked being greeted with smiles and welcomes.

I'm also sure the atmosphere was more supportive and somber when they met privately with the families of soldiers killed in action. We just won't see those photos, which is as it should be.

I love this coatdress and used to own one very similar, except that the buttons were navy, too. It was quite versatile. Since the gold buttons make it look very military, if she wants to recycle it, she might consider replacing the buttons.

The little hat is terrific.

That military outfit was great and appropriate for the ocasion.
But I think bigger hats suit her more than those little ones AND I would have added a piece with some colour - like red shoes or a red clutch or something like that.

For some staying slim does not require lots of discipline, maybe that's how it is in Catherine's case?
I think for those soldiers coming back home, reuniting with families and being decorated with medals are all very joyful occasions. Why would one be stoic and stiff, why not smile?

Another question: Does she wear tights ?

For me thights are a MUST for those events and outfits.

I just love this coatdress; it is simple, classic and the length is lovely on Kate. She might not have the amazingly perfect legs of Diana, but they are still extremely pretty and she should show them off more often, IMO!:flowers:

Contrary to most of the posts here, I don't care for the hat; I don't think it co-ordinates well with the military cut of the dress. I also think her hair would have looked better up; Kate looked ravishing in that 1940's style hat with her hair in a low chignon at the Epsom Derby - and having her hair up with this coatdress would have also accentuated the nod to the military.

She still looks amazing, as usual. If only she'd get rid of the panda-style eyeliner!:bang::bang::bang:

as much as I like her outfit, i still think the coat should have been a little bigger - it wrinkels because its so tight - she is soooo slim - she doesn't have to put so much emphasis on it.

... oh well - yes the eyeliner ...
banghead6mx.gif
.. I won't loose hope yet ;)

Nah, that's not too much glam. She's a princess and she's wearing a military-style coat. She didn't come with a tiara or a sparkling dress, everything cool IMO. ;) I LOVE that coat! The hat and shoes as well. Navy blue & midnight blue are colors that suit her very well. But as William came in a black uniform, another color would have probably looked nicer, IMHO.

Aliza, panda-style eyeliner is a great description, btw. :lol:
I, for one, have given up on the hope that she will change that make up style anytime soon. :sad:

Refrain ,my previous comment should've criticized more the people behind the scene than the ladies themselves. But hey, if they prefer that way.....

Also, that You tube channel is my favorite one. I was really surprised they made a video w/ Catherine's make up since some are very vocal about it ;)
As a makeup geek myself I can say that once you begin you can't stop. For me is as natural as brushing my teeth or combing my hair.

Im a hair color/makeup junkie as well....I had to search for Kate's wedding day makeup, all colors from Bobbi Brown..I bought the brick shimmer blush, lip pencil and sandwashed lipstick...My foundation is Chanel..

She looks perfect, and joyful as she should.
What an absolutely gorgeous, regal couple!

Catherine looked wonderful today. The outfit was very appropriate for a military function and it fit her like a glove without being revealing. The jewels were a nice touch without being overpowering and her hair looked great (as usual). The only thing that I can find fault with is her makeup. Although it's not bad, I have a "friend" who's a makeup artist that could really make her look outstanding. If only they were coming to the east coast of America. Oh well. Maybe next time. Other than that, she looked fantastic! Can't wait to see her in weeks to come.

Catherine is pretty. I liked all that was her. Especially I liked her eyes. I think there's nothing wrong with her makeup. The brooch of gold clover matching the buttons on her dark navy coat looked classical and timeless. I liked her hat. It seems from the fifties era and possibly French fashionable. Her hair looks better than I've ever seen it before and I am simply left in awe and with no words. Truly a masterpiece she is or will be. It's been nice to see Kate come through in flying colors and I simply can't get enough of her smile. Will looked interesting too. He caught my eye with his uniform. Very valiant looking a soldier. Good show. May they honor their country as such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom