The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I think so! It seems that's the same dress. I like the fact that she recycles her clothes. It's very down to earth, I prefer this kind of behaviour to some celebrities' who never wear twice the same clothe.
And this shade of blue highlights her eyes.

I think it's the same dress. She looked very good today, I always liked this coat and I'm glad to see it again. Finally some colors. I like the hair too.

What a week? First of all I loved the Jenny Packham dress she looked stunning and it suited both her position and her age. Yesterday I loved The McQueen coat cream is a great colour on her and she has the height to wear such a coat but the hat...oh god it looked like some thing she bought in the sale 10 years ago. It took from the whole look. To days coat and dress is back to Miss Kate Middleton style who seems heavily influenced by the style of one Camilla Parker Bowles.
Sorry if I sound bitchy but she is a beautiful young lady I just don't understand why she dresses like a middle aged woman.

Oh I love the outfit she wore for the service. Always have.

And once again, I'm applauding Catherine's attire. Love the coat, and the way her hair looked today. I can take or leave the hat though.

Haven't we seen that somewhere before Kate? Newest Royal learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday

Read more: Kate Middleton learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday | Mail Online

I am all for recycling! A lot of the Royal women recycle clothes. It's acceptable, as we all recycle clothes. This is a lovely outfit as well, so it's good to recycle something this pretty.

I have said it before and i'll say it again, Catherine has beautiful hair.

free2rhyme said:
Is it possible that the dress she wore to the wedding today was actually on under the McQueen coat and she just took off the coat, since she wore the same hat to both events.

Ok upon further research if you watch the video of Kate's return to Buckingham Palace in the carriage you can clear see the very bottom of the McQueen coat and she is not wearing the black/white dress underneath as you'd be able to see it due to length so that answers that :)

The most exciting part of the blue outfit was the sighting of Diana's sapphire earrings. I think she looked lovely, but that was definitely my favorite part

Thanks for pointing that out- that is cool! I must say I preferred the first hat to the 2nd one! I still love the dress though!

Catherine is playing it safe, a good idea for these early days. She has some really great pieces in her wardrobe that fit her really well. Love the last several pairs of earrings she has worn lately.

Kate's blue outfit for the Church service was nearly ideal,perfect choice and elegance at the same time!

The dress that Catherine wore at the wedding yesterday is recycled

Marika86 said:
The dress that Catherine wore at the wedding yesterday is recycled

I've been reading this dress is either DVF or Zara- anyone know for sure?

I always liked that blue and white silk coat (not actually brocade, I don't think, which is a stiff and woven fabric, but rather printed with a brocade effect) but preferred it with the hat and lighter-colored dress she wore the first time around. They created a better, more interesting contrast. She also wore blue shoes the first time, and I liked them better than the nude patent leather affairs. Still, it's good to see her recycling clothes. The very expensive, near-couture-level details of the fabulous white McQueen coat needed to be balanced out by something less costly and worn before.

I actually feel for her right now, having to dress to the nines for several events in a row. If I were she, I'd be longing for a return to Anglesey, jeans, and a few weeks of private life.

Her dresser will basically be in charge of caring for her clothes, keeping them in good condition, getting them pressed and cleaned, and so forth. She's said to like her own style -- and since I've liked it for years, I think she has reason -- so I don't think a full-time stylist is required. She'll need some help putting together a whole series of outfits for the Canada/US trip. An outside stylist could survey what she already has and advise her on what else to buy and how to switch pieces around to create new looks. My guess is that we'll see her rewearing some items in different ways.

The thin belt on the black and white dress worn to the wedding does indeed look more elegant and sophisticated than the wide belt she originally paired with that dress. It's a clear indication of the evolution of her taste.

Last edited:
Kate looked fantastic today. Glad to see her recycle the blue coat. It's been one of my favorites since she first wore it a couple of years ago.

Such a pretty colour and very flattering shape. She looks gorgeous.

Oh I absolutely love the colour blue and I think this ensemble looks wonderful. The coat is very beautifully cut and provides a nice simple line even though the pattern is elaborate. It's a great outfit to accessorise in different ways so I am sure we will see this coat again in the future. It realy is great that she's kept this coat for a few years and it still looks up to date and modern. I suppose that is the secret of a good wardrobe - some really good quality clothes that will stand the test of time and can be accessorised in different ways.

I've just read that british medias criticized a lot Catherine for having worn an already wore coat. Personnally I approve her for aving done this. I don't know if british medias really criticized her, but I have a question: I read that BRF uses to wear the same clothe more than once. Is it true? And what more normal?
Letizia of Spain often wears dresses more than once, and it's very good.

You may consider it boring but I consider it appropriate for the occasion and her role as a supporting member of the BRF.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
- Catherine at the OG, as boring as the past 2 days.

I'd be interested to see what your personal idea of fashionable is, Lumutqueen... I personally am a more conservative dresser, and as such, the Duchess's choices appeal to me usually.

I cannot wait to see the entire ensemble, as a simple "head shot" is not really a fair piece to pass judgement with.

You may consider it boring but I consider it appropriate for the occasion and her role as a supporting member of the BRF.

Again I agree with you, I don't see anything boring with it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom