The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's a better photo. I love the design on the sleeves (and waist) of the coat.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...420Dh/x610.jpg

Old 06-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's a better photo. I love the design on the sleeves (and waist) of the coat.

The band on the waist and buckle reminds me of the blue coat she wore yesterday.
Im not all excited for this look as it ages her iMO, the cut and style seems old though the dress underneath looks nice if worn alone maybe matched with a colored belt would be a winner. The hat is nice & she does wear it well to the side, I prefer such hats to have your hair up but pulled to the back is just fine.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^I didn't even catch that. The design is very similar to the blue one she wore yesterday.

Here's another one from today.
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0b9YgOR...?q=garter+2011
Old 06-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

Thanks for this. The design of the sleeves reminds me of the sleeves of Countess of Wessex's Royal Wedding outfit. Catherine wears pale blue beautifully.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Nobility

I didnt like the blue coat she wore yesterday. I love this one.

Camille choose to wear gold and Kate silver. I love the complicity between these two.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The dress she's wearing today underneath the coat, I think it's the same dress she wore under that blue coat the first time we saw it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I t is similar to Sophie's at Epsom though obviously a different colour. Nice on her like the shoes.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
- Catherine at the OG, as boring as the past 2 days.
It's nowhere near as boring as that ugly perwinkle blue coat she wore to DOE's 90th. Compare the two outfits and she looks downright glamorous here. This isn't so bad IMO.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I adore the blue coat, but prefer it with a white dress not a blue one.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I adore the blue coat, but prefer it with a white dress not a blue one.
I agree with that comment. It would look beautiful with a white dress underneath. Good idea for Ascot, as no doubt, if she's going to be like the other Royal wives, she'll wear it at Ascot at some point!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

I think she looks really nice and I can't imagine that she would ever attempt any radical nor the proverbial "jumping the shark" when it comes to fashion. I think she's doing a pleasant mix of her own style and slowly mixing it in with what is expected for her to wear in the position that she is in. well done... I think. If she does wear something that is "recycled" it's probably a nod to the economy and not looking to lavish...

Go.. HRH Duchess .. Go..
Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I t is similar to Sophie's at Epsom though obviously a different colour. Nice on her like the shoes.
I also notice that
But both coats are beautiful
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Majesty

I love the silver coat she chose for the OofG. It is indeed very similar to the blue coat from yesterday, and both look lovely on her. I'm a conservative dresser myself, so Catherine's style doesn't scream out 'boring', but elegant. I will add that I also love today's choice of hat. Well done, Catherine. Keep it up.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Nobility

it's a Katherine Hooker's coat. Scroll down a little bit

The Simply Luxurious Life: Katherine Hooker – S/S 2011 Collection
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Well today's outfit is better that the one she worn for Prince Phillip 90th birthday service. The hat is perfect, the coat, I do like it but not so much that button on the waist.
As I said before I'm dying to see some color on her, but will hold till the Canadian tour, cause there, well ... .she won't need to worry so much about upstaging someone else' party :P
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Gentry

I've been trying not to comment too much on fashion because that's simply not why I'm interested in royalty but...(can't help myself)...The Duchess of Cambridge looks amazing! I think it's her headpiece that really makes the ensemble. I like her hair styled in that way, pulled back and less in her face!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love her hats, I think they are all more or less the same style but they look nice and fresh on her just wonder how she holds them on her hairr so steady! wish may bw better photos of all her hats?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Full view:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...FHcpS/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...VNcUq/x610.jpg

Great outfit, not boring at all, at least the outfit. Kate pretty much blends in into the style of BRF women, safe, conservative, quality.
What I find boring is that Kate herself always looks the same, heavy make up and hairstyle-wise, what makes her look old in addition to the conservative outfits.

Big Pictures
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...service-15.jpg
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...service-12.jpg
Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Full view:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...FHcpS/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...VNcUq/x610.jpg

Great outfit, not boring at all, at least the outfit. Kate pretty much blends in into the style of BRF women, safe, conservative, quality.
What I find boring is that Kate herself always looks the same, heavy make up and hairstyle-wise, what makes her look old in addition to the conservative outfits.
I agree
Most of her Outfits and Looks are nice but boring.
And her Hair and Make up are always nearly the same...
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

I think that Catherine looks really lovely today. I like her outfit, the neckline of the coat is pretty and also the hat is nice

Close up