The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Courtier

^ I think so! It seems that's the same dress. I like the fact that she recycles her clothes. It's very down to earth, I prefer this kind of behaviour to some celebrities' who never wear twice the same clothe.
And this shade of blue highlights her eyes.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

I think it's the same dress. She looked very good today, I always liked this coat and I'm glad to see it again. Finally some colors. I like the hair too.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Gentry

What a week? First of all I loved the Jenny Packham dress she looked stunning and it suited both her position and her age. Yesterday I loved The McQueen coat cream is a great colour on her and she has the height to wear such a coat but the hat...oh god it looked like some thing she bought in the sale 10 years ago. It took from the whole look. To days coat and dress is back to Miss Kate Middleton style who seems heavily influenced by the style of one Camilla Parker Bowles.
Sorry if I sound bitchy but she is a beautiful young lady I just don't understand why she dresses like a middle aged woman.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Haven't we seen that somewhere before Kate? Newest Royal learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday

Read more: Kate Middleton learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday | Mail Online
I love that blue coat. It's my favourite outfit of hers.
I would have liked to see pictures of the other royals in that article too!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Courtier

June 12, 2011 Church service for Prince Philip's birthday

Kate Middleton Pictures - The Royal Family Attend A Service For The Duke of Edinburgh's 90th Birthday - Zimbio

Wearing her Jane Troughton brocade coat over the cornflower blue Zara dress. Have commented on the new earrings on the 'Duchess of Cambridge jewelry thread'.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I love the outfit she wore for the service. Always have.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Majesty

And once again, I'm applauding Catherine's attire. Love the coat, and the way her hair looked today. I can take or leave the hat though.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Haven't we seen that somewhere before Kate? Newest Royal learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday

Read more: Kate Middleton learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday | Mail Online
I am all for recycling! A lot of the Royal women recycle clothes. It's acceptable, as we all recycle clothes. This is a lovely outfit as well, so it's good to recycle something this pretty.

I have said it before and i'll say it again, Catherine has beautiful hair.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme
Is it possible that the dress she wore to the wedding today was actually on under the McQueen coat and she just took off the coat, since she wore the same hat to both events.
Ok upon further research if you watch the video of Kate's return to Buckingham Palace in the carriage you can clear see the very bottom of the McQueen coat and she is not wearing the black/white dress underneath as you'd be able to see it due to length so that answers that :)
Old 06-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The most exciting part of the blue outfit was the sighting of Diana's sapphire earrings. I think she looked lovely, but that was definitely my favorite part
Old 06-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for pointing that out- that is cool! I must say I preferred the first hat to the 2nd one! I still love the dress though!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine is playing it safe, a good idea for these early days. She has some really great pieces in her wardrobe that fit her really well. Love the last several pairs of earrings she has worn lately.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's blue outfit for the Church service was nearly ideal,perfect choice and elegance at the same time!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The dress that Catherine wore at the wedding yesterday is recycled
Old 06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86
The dress that Catherine wore at the wedding yesterday is recycled
I've been reading this dress is either DVF or Zara- anyone know for sure?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

I always liked that blue and white silk coat (not actually brocade, I don't think, which is a stiff and woven fabric, but rather printed with a brocade effect) but preferred it with the hat and lighter-colored dress she wore the first time around. They created a better, more interesting contrast. She also wore blue shoes the first time, and I liked them better than the nude patent leather affairs. Still, it's good to see her recycling clothes. The very expensive, near-couture-level details of the fabulous white McQueen coat needed to be balanced out by something less costly and worn before.

I actually feel for her right now, having to dress to the nines for several events in a row. If I were she, I'd be longing for a return to Anglesey, jeans, and a few weeks of private life.

Her dresser will basically be in charge of caring for her clothes, keeping them in good condition, getting them pressed and cleaned, and so forth. She's said to like her own style -- and since I've liked it for years, I think she has reason -- so I don't think a full-time stylist is required. She'll need some help putting together a whole series of outfits for the Canada/US trip. An outside stylist could survey what she already has and advise her on what else to buy and how to switch pieces around to create new looks. My guess is that we'll see her rewearing some items in different ways.

The thin belt on the black and white dress worn to the wedding does indeed look more elegant and sophisticated than the wide belt she originally paired with that dress. It's a clear indication of the evolution of her taste.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Kate looked fantastic today. Glad to see her recycle the blue coat. It's been one of my favorites since she first wore it a couple of years ago.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Such a pretty colour and very flattering shape. She looks gorgeous.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C9H0tJSjKx...47_634x587.jpg
Because I know this is a Zara dress I think it is strange to see this coat, that has been wear before with the dress...
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

A big photo of the blue coat

Looks nice but I'd prefer the white dress instead of blue like Lumutqueen mentioned before.