The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Courtier

I love the dress at the wedding. It beautiful.Good choice.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Nobility

No the dress could not have been under the coat if it was the case we would see a bit of the dress around her neck because the coat is in V and the dress is not

Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate is wearing the blue brocade coat that she wore about two years ago to a Van Custem wedding - today for Phlilip's 90th birthday service she had teamed it with a smaller hat

Kate Van Cutsem Wedding 2009 Jane Troughton Bauer Griffin What Kate Wore pictures of last outing of the coat

I actual thought we would see this outfit repeated sometime this week - either at today, or during at Garter day or Ascot. Good choice i think

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leave with other members of the royal family after a church service to mark Prince Philip's 90th birthday in Windsor, west of London, on June 12, 2011

Photo from Getty Images

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0ftyg1U7fo2ba?q=Cambridge
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Courtier

I wish to see Kate wearing bigger hats. I am not that much of a fan of these small little pieces :-( I always loved the blue coat. It is beautiful. Think this time she combined it with the blue dress she wore on the morning after her wedding. Think it was a Zara dress.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the fact that she wears clothing she's had for several years, and mixes and matches.
As someone said, it shows a regard for the economic situation.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

We've seen the blue before which is nice but doesn't excite me. Love her shoes though!

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...emId=3221879-2
Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Is it possible that the dress she wore to the wedding today was actually on under the McQueen coat and she just took off the coat, since she wore the same hat to both events.
That's what I thought too. I loved the dress she wore to the wedding and thought it looked much better with the thin belt vs the thick one when she wore it previously.

I loved her look in the white coat...at first. And then I saw the bottom. Yuck. I loved the top with its military flavor - a perfect fit for the event of the day - but the bottom I just found to be bizarre and, IMO, didn't seem to go with the top.

I loved her hat but wished it wasn't black because I felt that when she was on the balcony in front of the open doors, it kind of blended into the background and her dark hair and the detail got lost. And her hair...sigh. I think she would have looked so much nicer with a sleek ponytail or even a side pony under the lower side of the hat. Don't get me wrong, I love her hair - it's gorgeous, shiny and healthy-looking but it's just too much to be down all the time, IMO. With so much hair (volume-wise and length too) I feel she could be rocking some really gorgeous and different styles (like the cute messy bun she wore to the races)...but I guess it's not to be.

Edited to say...yahoo! Her hair looks incredible and I LOVE that blue coat. Loved it when she wore it before and love it now. And, so nice to see some color on her. I think he complexion really looks well with color.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

She has so many events lately that I suppose she has somebody helping her to organize what to wear with which accesories, shoes, hats , bags, jewellery etc..... but now word in the media about this?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen
She has so many events lately that I suppose she has somebody helping her to organize what to wear with which accesories, shoes, hats , bags, jewellery etc..... but now word in the media about this?
In the future they are hiring a dresser who I suppose will help organize her things but just in London ......no idea if she has someone now
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

we really don't know what she does all day but I presume she is having somebody teaching her her dilomatics affairs and she has al ot of events to attend and a lot of clothing to organize I don't tink she does it alone, mind you she does not have to clean , wash , iron or anything like that, and I think she never did before she is from a wealthy family but she is so spectacular dress tp the T , inmaculate and superb I think it is not only hers she must have somebody may be her mother?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

I really like the latest out for the blue brocade coat. Teamed with the blue hat & the dress I think it is a lovely look - much better than the previous occasion she wore it, & again perfect for the occasion. I think this style of hat combined with her hairstyle is a good look for her.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
In the future they are hiring a dresser who I suppose will help organize her things but just in London ......no idea if she has someone now

See below, its not a stylist when they say dresser

Quote:
The dresser is not a stylist, insiders emphasize, and Kate, 29, will continue to pick her own clothes. The newlyweds will also not have a valet or butler as part of the "limited help" they foresee having in their household.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling

See below, its not a stylist when they say dresser
I just organizes her things I didn't say help style her .....I assume a dresser will help keep certain accersories that Catherine wishes to wear with outfits with those outfits, or help keep her wardrobe organized....if not then I'm not sure what else a 'dresser' does.....
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Nobility

sorry, I love kate but I hate this coat and the hat. Dont like small hat which look like satellites. The coat reminds me of a curtain. Didnt like it when she wore at the wedding and not today. Snif .... wait for Polo match pictures and tomorrow Order of the Garter. I want a spectacular Hat, with flowers and some pink and fushia in it...
Old 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge leave with other members of the royal family after a church service to mark Prince Philip's 90th birthday in Windsor, west of London, on June 12, 2011

Photo from Getty Images

Photo from Getty Images
I am all for recycling and that jacket is beautiful. I preferred it with the white dress however.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

Neither of them looks stunning with that horrid eyeliner. Pippa looks a hot mess and DOC looks boring. Her A. McQueen coatdress at the Trooping the Colour is amazing but it deserves a more glamorous, colorful hat IMO.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Pippa - how messy can one look

I think Kate looked great on both occasions with regard to her outfit choices (wedding in the b/w dress and at church in the blue coat - especially the coat is exquisit) but I am already bored by the MESSY HAIR HANGING DOWN and the HORRIFIC EYE / EYEBROW MAKE UP - the combination makes her look like an old hag & matronly which is a shame for a young woman her age.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Haven't we seen that somewhere before Kate? Newest Royal learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday

Read more: Kate Middleton learns to recycle her style to celebrate Duke's 90th birthday | Mail Online
Old 06-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

Photo from Getty Images

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0ftyg1U7fo2ba?q=Cambridge
Anyone think maybe under the coat is the Zara dress from day after the wedding?