The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
Is she wearing Spanx?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Eh...not a fan of this look. I do like her hair though.

As for her weight, she doesn't look any skinnier than she did on her wedding day. She has definitely dropped pounds since the engagement, but it's not like she hasn't been this skinny before. Her weight seems to fluctuate. I mean, this is what she looked like in 2008.

Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy up the fashion stakes on a night out at the boxing | Mail Online

Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably. I always wear Spanx under my dresses.

Kate's style may seem boring or too old for her but at least she looks professional & appropriate. I'd rather her be that way. It looks like she's put a lot of thought in all of her outfits.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Is she wearing Spanx?

No . I think/hope its her underskirt
Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the picture, Soapstar, I am somewhat reassured .
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

She's very thin but she also very defined which shows she's morei health conscious than obsessed with being thin.

Still, I don't like how the cream dress looks on her through the hips.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

The interesting thing about this "Anne of Green Gables" outfit is that I would NOT like it in any other setting (other than 1930s Wimbledon, as was mentioned above LOL). But I think it's absolutely right for this moment, this setting, this location. In that context, I love it. Would have chosen different earrings (did she only bring 3 pairs of earrings?), the sapphires are too formal for the outfit and the occasion. Cute little buttons would have been better.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

She's wearing pants!!!!!! :) I'm so happy.....
Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, and does anyone else recall reading that Princess Diana used to have tiny weights sewn into the hems of her skirts so that she didn't have the wind/underskirt problem? But she had to learn the hard way too -- by having a few embarrassing photos taken in her early days...not to compare the two, but there are certain lessons that can be learned from the past.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Thanks for the pictures Duke of Marmarlade, I hadn't seen those , but
her waist has compleatly disappeared ! or is that just the cut of the dress
I see nothing strange in this disappeareance,it's her type of complexion and waist,sometimes the cuts of the dress and other elements provide different effects
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
The interesting thing about this "Anne of Green Gables" outfit is that I would NOT like it in any other setting (other than 1930s Wimbledon, as was mentioned above LOL). But I think it's absolutely right for this moment, this setting, this location. In that context, I love it. Would have chosen different earrings (did she only bring 3 pairs of earrings?), the sapphires are too formal for the outfit and the occasion. Cute little buttons would have been better.
You took my thoughts out of my head ! I was trying to figure out how to phrase my opinions on the outfit, and you have said it quite well. This one works well in the context of the setting, and pays a tribute to something the place is famous for (and she likes the books, so it works out).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
I agree. I think this outfit is great. And as you said, it is in context. I love it
Old 07-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

This dress is quite old looking. It put a good ten years on her.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygoogles View Post
I agree. I think this outfit is great. And as you said, it is in context. I love it
I actually like the Diana earrings with this outfit. Since they are the only jewellry she is wearing it makes them stand out nicely especially with her hair back off her face. They look bigger then when she wore them last. I think it's just an optical illusion
Old 07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

the dress is knited so I think is an under skirt that comes already with it! great shot!!!!!I am happy she had one, so you can imagine the press!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks, Daria and Daisygoogles! For someone who spends most of her time in sweatpants, I sure do enjoy fashion! :)
Old 07-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
She's wearing pants!!!!!! :) I'm so happy.....
Huh? Did I miss something?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Huh? Did I miss something?
She changed into pants for the dragonboat race. (like a legging/exercise pants)

Poor William is still wet from the dragonboat race!!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Ahh. Thank you. That makes sense.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Nobility

I thought about that too !

Closed Thread