The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Majesty

After taking a closer look at the pictures, I retract my earlier criticizing of the hat Catherine wore for Canada Day. It is indeed a nice touch, and it looks original.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

I know call me lame but hello she is married to the heir to the throne. She I am sure is not lacking the funds. This is her 1st tour overseas I was so expecting new outfits. She has lots of time to pick in her closet for a dress she wore before. Come on Kate show us what you got shopping!!! LOL I want to see new outfits.

I loved the blue lace dress very pretty. The outfit she wore on the plane looked like a outfit for a day at work....and I am sure the plane ride was lots of work being briefed on the upcoming trip for the zillionith time I bet. The repeat outfit at the BBQ it was ok nothing great. This white dress loved the symbolism of the entire piece. Red and white the leaves on the hat and the red hat. Very nice but come on you couldn't find a equally as nice white dress. BUT I HAVE TO SAY I WANT HER SHOES!!!!!! LOL

Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
June 30, 2011 - Kate leaving for Canada in a navy/black dress matched with a navy jacket with gold buttons, black shoes & bag.

Not sure of the look, she looks professional but boring, the gold buttons make this look quite old for Kate.

Full view ** Close up

Kates bag is by the British Brand Mulberry F/W2011

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Sorry, I actually meant this.... there was another post with a link to this outfit, but no description. I should have read this first!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenhinol View Post
The Daily Telegraph reports Kate is wearing a cream dress by Reiss, with the Queen's maple leaf brooch a hat by Sylvia Fletcher at Lock & Co. Not sure who the shoes and clutch are by but I think it's a wonderful and symbolic outfit.

Happy Canada Day!!

Personally my first post outside the Member Introductions field :o)))
Wonderfully symbolic sums up her look. She got it exactly right, again.
Welcome here, Brenhinol.

The red hat is jaunty and suits her youth and the Spirit of Canada Day, displayed by other outfits in the crowds. That she and William look enthralled with each other is a huge plus. Their popularity has reached dizzying heights so rapidly these past few months but they remain on an even keel.

You may remember that Kate's Mother in law was fond of jaunty red hats as well, like this one-
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/L...t-may-1989.jpg

My favourite was abbreviated like Kate's with a couple of feathers.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

You know, now that I see better pictures, I think the Canada Day outfit is perfect on her. And someone said it looked too baggy on her- it looks just like it did on the model. What Kate Wore has good pictures
Old 07-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Well it's gonna be Canadian maple syrup on pancakes for me tonight!! Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!!!
Now about Catherine's outfit, I love the new hat with the maple leave design. I also love the dress and I even love the handbag, but I think it only just goes all together in one ensemble. I do, however, like the overall sort of silhouette/shape of all her more formal ensembles and it's all becoming quite a distinctive style.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine looks lovely. Her outfit is youthful and appropriate for the event. Good for her to re-use clothes. To buy new clothes for every event is simply wasteful. She is doing wonderfully for being a new royal bride and member of the royal family. I am happy the Canadian people appear to appreciate the visit without being concerned about the shade of the red or whether she has worn any of the clothing previously.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

I'm of the opinion that Kate's outfit was gorgeous today; I like everything and the bottom ending of the dress is fabulous!

Dress
The close - up of the hat
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine J View Post
Big and baggy? Huh? It seems to fit more or less the same way it did the last time she wore it. I don't think Kate has lost very much, if any, weight.
Im not talking about weight because its not the topic but the dress does look big compared to the first time she wore it, look at the picture in this link before and after, its quite obvious especially the sleeve part
If an outfit doesn't fit well IMO it doesn't look so good and that is just IMO.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.
i cant decide for the dress nice one but abit short for me i like the idea of the headpiece but i agree here it does not look right with open here.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post
I know call me lame but hello she is married to the heir to the throne. She I am sure is not lacking the funds. This is her 1st tour overseas I was so expecting new outfits. She has lots of time to pick in her closet for a dress she wore before. Come on Kate show us what you got shopping!!! LOL I want to see new outfits.
Given the economic situation in the UK she is being very prudent in recycling her clothes already. But I understand what you mean - I'm loving her style and choices of clothes and very curious to see what she will wear next!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Nobility

I'm confused (as I often am) as looking at the pictures from today it looks tighter than it did for the engagement photo?? (apart from the top of her arms)
Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

MichelleVA, we'll see new outfits -- we've already seen two -- but the Duchess has made it clear that she is not going to be spending extravagantly -- and rightly so. Recycling clothes is intelligent and prudent, and it would be even if the economic situation were not as shaky as it is. Moreover, the Duke and Duchess don't have quite the same financial resources as William's parents did when they married. William isn't the Prince of Wales, he does not enjoy the income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I do like that Reiss dress, but I wish they'd offer it in a color other than cream, which I can't wear. (Though most of Reiss's clothes are in subdued or neutral colors.) As for the hat, it's charming. Whimsical but not weird.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved Kate's red headpiece/hat. She has really made me fall in love with those types of head pieces.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The hat was the best part of the outfit IMO as well!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Loved today's outfit but the brooch blended into the white too much and looked a bit out of place IMO
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hat had maple leaves on it right? That is a very nice shoutout to the country she is in. Also I heard the broach was a maple leaf as well which is probably why she wore it. Perhaps it would have been more noticeable on a darker dress, but I still loved the outfit.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it has maple leaves on it.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the outfit from today! If she's doing her own styling or if someone is helping her, either way, so far the outfits have been very well planned out. Today's outfit was especially nice and very smart styling with the facinator and brooch.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

I think the combination of the Reiss dress and the brooch was good - the brooch was there, but not outstanding. More as a subtle addition, she really hits it off on this tour!

Closed Thread