The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again.....bows on a wedding dress people....bows on a wedding dress.
Oh, my. I just saw a photo of Mabel's dress. It's um...interesting. :eek: Although I wish Kate were more adventurous with her hair, I do think you and Britters made some very good points.

Both of today's outfits were good. I absolutely love the coat. As others have said, it's reminiscent of her wedding dress.

I am convinced that Kate's outfit that she wore at Sam's wedding is a repeat dress of hers from summer 2007 (during her split from william)

Update - yes it was worn with a different belt on a night out with Pippa
Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j-foxc-NMIU/TbR2HmQ7XgI/AAAAAAAAClg/rclGS9GWugY/s1600/01-kate-middleton-clubbing-01.jpg
Good catch.

Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge is surprise guest at wedding of her 'royal matchmaker' | Mail Online

Last edited:
Is it possible that the dress she wore to the wedding today was actually on under the McQueen coat and she just took off the coat, since she wore the same hat to both events.

Kate is stunning, but I don't like the color and the baggy cut of the coat of her sister.

That's funny how now some medias mention first Pippa, and Kate as her sister, still don't understand what they find on her, sorry but Kate is 1000x more beautiful and she's anyway the star :~)

I agree with you 100%. I don't find this young lady nearly as attractive or interesting as the press tries to make her seem.

Pippa appears to really LOVE all the attention, though.:ermm:

Kate is classic and understated and she pretty much always dress appropriate for the occassion and maybe thats enough for right now.

I think it is.

I really believe Kate will do well NOT to get inveigled down that fashion icon path that lured Diana.
Yes, it's tempting.
Yes, she should promote British fashion.

BUT- that is a slippery slope, and she may start to believe her own publicity. She'll do much better if she doesn't go there, doesn't always feel the need to dazzle and impress.
Much better for her to just fit in. JMO.

I loved her McQueen coat for Trooping the Colour. The bottom reminded me of an opening flower - like her wedding dress! I think it was quite fashionable. Though I like to see what Kate is wearing, I really don't care too much as long as the look is appropriate. That's my approach to fashion - if it is appropriate for the occasion (even if it's boring, the same-old-same-old, or even *gasp* kind of ugly) it's okay in my book. Judging by my thoughts, people can probably tell that I am an boring dresser. Guess that's why I kind of like Kate's style - it's similar to mine!

free2rhyme said:
Is it possible that the dress she wore to the wedding today was actually on under the McQueen coat and she just took off the coat, since she wore the same hat to both events.

Could be, I guess since we didn't really see the bottom of outfit to see if dress was hanging out but she changed her earrings though so that caused me to assume she changed outfits.....

I simply loved both of Kate's choices of today; she looked flawless at Trooping the Colour and at the wedding. Incidentally, I didn't read all of today's posts, so I don't know if anyone mentioned that her dress choice for the wedding is a frock she wore before, in 2007, I believe. Good for the Duchess to show such confidence in her taste and for proving that a new outfit is not necessary for every occasion. I think she really does take the state of the economy into consideration and cares very much to not behave like a woman who just won the proverbial marital lottery. (I don't believe she sees her marriage like that at all - just clarifying for those who might misunderstand me.)

I think we are all going to enjoy her fashion choices as time rolls on. I believe most of us prefer understated and elegant to the "Essex girl" style, which even Diana was accused of a few times. The line between the two is not as wide as one would think if we let the media judge for us. She lacks Diana's "cheekiness" in dress, but that's only natural, considering the difference in background. Kate's fashion sense seems to reveal a very centred and consistent personality and that only bodes well for the future of the BRF; I believe she will "stay the course".

On a side note, her sister, Pippa, looked horrible today! It's hard to believe this was the same young lady who attended the Duchess' train on April 29th and had Facebook pages dedicated to her before the wedding was even over! I keep seeing people claim that Pippa is the more lovely of the sisters, but I just don't see that, although Pippa is decidedly beautiful in her own right. BUT, they BOTH need to lose the heavy dark eye-liner, I agree with almost everyone else about that!

Yes, more Alexander McQueen! I am liking Catherine more and more and more

I love the dress at the wedding. It beautiful.Good choice.

No the dress could not have been under the coat if it was the case we would see a bit of the dress around her neck because the coat is in V and the dress is not

Kate is wearing the blue brocade coat that she wore about two years ago to a Van Custem wedding - today for Phlilip's 90th birthday service she had teamed it with a smaller hat

Kate Van Cutsem Wedding 2009 Jane Troughton Bauer Griffin » What Kate Wore pictures of last outing of the coat

I actual thought we would see this outfit repeated sometime this week - either at today, or during at Garter day or Ascot. Good choice i think

I wish to see Kate wearing bigger hats. I am not that much of a fan of these small little pieces :-( I always loved the blue coat. It is beautiful. Think this time she combined it with the blue dress she wore on the morning after her wedding. Think it was a Zara dress.

I like the fact that she wears clothing she's had for several years, and mixes and matches.
As someone said, it shows a regard for the economic situation.

That's what I thought too. I loved the dress she wore to the wedding and thought it looked much better with the thin belt vs the thick one when she wore it previously.

I loved her look in the white coat...at first. And then I saw the bottom. Yuck. I loved the top with its military flavor - a perfect fit for the event of the day - but the bottom I just found to be bizarre and, IMO, didn't seem to go with the top.

I loved her hat but wished it wasn't black because I felt that when she was on the balcony in front of the open doors, it kind of blended into the background and her dark hair and the detail got lost. And her hair...sigh. I think she would have looked so much nicer with a sleek ponytail or even a side pony under the lower side of the hat. Don't get me wrong, I love her hair - it's gorgeous, shiny and healthy-looking but it's just too much to be down all the time, IMO. With so much hair (volume-wise and length too) I feel she could be rocking some really gorgeous and different styles (like the cute messy bun she wore to the races)...but I guess it's not to be.

Edited to say...yahoo! Her hair looks incredible and I LOVE that blue coat. Loved it when she wore it before and love it now. And, so nice to see some color on her. I think he complexion really looks well with color.

Last edited:
She has so many events lately that I suppose she has somebody helping her to organize what to wear with which accesories, shoes, hats , bags, jewellery etc..... but now word in the media about this?

ashelen said:
She has so many events lately that I suppose she has somebody helping her to organize what to wear with which accesories, shoes, hats , bags, jewellery etc..... but now word in the media about this?

In the future they are hiring a dresser who I suppose will help organize her things but just in London ......no idea if she has someone now

we really don't know what she does all day but I presume she is having somebody teaching her her dilomatics affairs and she has al ot of events to attend and a lot of clothing to organize I don't tink she does it alone, mind you she does not have to clean , wash , iron or anything like that, and I think she never did before she is from a wealthy family but she is so spectacular dress tp the T , inmaculate and superb I think it is not only hers she must have somebody may be her mother?

I really like the latest out for the blue brocade coat. Teamed with the blue hat & the dress I think it is a lovely look - much better than the previous occasion she wore it, & again perfect for the occasion. I think this style of hat combined with her hairstyle is a good look for her.

In the future they are hiring a dresser who I suppose will help organize her things but just in London ......no idea if she has someone now

:previous:
See below, its not a stylist when they say dresser

The dresser is not a stylist, insiders emphasize, and Kate, 29, will continue to pick her own clothes. The newlyweds will also not have a valet or butler as part of the "limited help" they foresee having in their household.

dazzling said:
:previous:
See below, its not a stylist when they say dresser

I just organizes her things I didn't say help style her .....I assume a dresser will help keep certain accersories that Catherine wishes to wear with outfits with those outfits, or help keep her wardrobe organized....if not then I'm not sure what else a 'dresser' does.....

sorry, I love kate but I hate this coat and the hat. Dont like small hat which look like satellites. The coat reminds me of a curtain. Didnt like it when she wore at the wedding and not today. Snif .... wait for Polo match pictures and tomorrow Order of the Garter. I want a spectacular Hat, with flowers and some pink and fushia in it...

Pippa - how messy can one look

I think Kate looked great on both occasions with regard to her outfit choices (wedding in the b/w dress and at church in the blue coat - especially the coat is exquisit) but I am already bored by the MESSY HAIR HANGING DOWN and the HORRIFIC EYE / EYEBROW MAKE UP - the combination makes her look like an old hag & matronly which is a shame for a young woman her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom