The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

IMHO the hat/fascinator is cute, if a touch cartoony. What I dislike is the Anya Hindmarch straw clutch - even her website describes it as "perfect for beach cocktails or poolside parties." It just doesn't fit with the rest of the outfit.
The Bag

Old 07-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Majesty

i am not a fan of the canada day outfit. too much going on to my taste. i didn't like the erdem dress or the bird dress for that matter. i was hoping for something more special for such an important visit. let's hope it improves!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Kate's Homage to Canada

Her outfit is a total homage to Canada. The shade of red is Canada's red and the hat has maple leaves on it. The white Reiss dress is one she owned. So what are the messages?

1. Respect to her host country;

2. Frugality at wearing a dress she already owned;

3. However in another significant mark of honour to Canada, the white dress is the one in her engagement photos (an important event in her and William's life) that she chose today, Canada Day, to be the second wearing;

4. The Queen's maple leaf brooch is a mark of the Queen's favour to Kate and to Canada.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

i see she kikes this kind of hat/fascinator, eally looks good on her
Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2
Love it, so far all her outfits have been wonderful!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the headpiece, its a nice idea, very respectful towards the hosts. Not liking the bottom of the dress at all, the ugly design makes it too short.
Same old hair
Old 07-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.

Big and baggy? Huh? It seems to fit more or less the same way it did the last time she wore it. I don't think Kate has lost very much, if any, weight. Her face looks a little stressed and tight - but that makes sense.

I think the headpiece is fun and quirky. Canadians are noted, in my opinion, for our ability to laugh at ourselves. It was a nice piece of quirk inside a very traditional situation. Very Canadian.

LOVED the Maple Leaf brooch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Her outfit is a total homage to Canada. The shade of red is Canada's red and the hat has maple leaves on it. The white Reiss dress is one she owned. So what are the messages?

1. Respect to her host country;

2. Frugality at wearing a dress she already owned;

3. However in another significant mark of honour to Canada, the white dress is the one in her engagement photos (an important event in her and William's life) that she chose today, Canada Day, to be the second wearing;

4. The Queen's maple leaf brooch is a mark of the Queen's favour to Kate and to Canada.

Yes. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with Susanna Wynne -- Kate looks beautiful! The maple brooch & hat are great touches to her outfit. It's her first visit as the Duchess and she'll get better over time.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I loved the outfit. And yes the hat is fun and cute. This is not a formal, stuffy event. Last year we saw the Queen in vibrant red on Canada Day but somehow I expected Kate to wear white. It looks great on her.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I decline to make comment. Let that be my statement.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Gentry

Still love the dress.....hat appropriate for the occasion. Toss the purse or save it for a trip to Japan!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

She has looked lovely over the last 2 days nad the red and white though nothing special is plain and easy to wear I do like the bag. Though not a fan of lace she looked lovely on arrival and the little bird number seemed just right for the first evening.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Nobility

sorry to have to say I really hate the whole outfit. The hat is beautiful but she has to do something with her hair. The dress is awfull, too short, doesnt suit her, the bas is a onstruosity for me. A bad day today.

First I dislike Charlene wedding civil outfit, too dull and too night gown and know Kate's very ugly outfit. Not a good day for me.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lovely dress but quite dressy for the event, especially a daytime event.
A nice coat over a dress and a headpiece or hat would've been great.
Oh, I love that dress!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress but the hat is to kitschy
Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch View Post
Still love the dress.....hat appropriate for the occasion. Toss the purse or save it for a trip to Japan!
Is there any particular reason for this ugly handbag/clutch to be saved for a trip to Japan? Likening it to real Japanese fans, which are examples of exquisite craftsmanship, is totally inappropriate.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved Kate's outfit on Canada's Day,especially the original hat
Old 07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Where/when/ what for did she wear this outfit?
Yesterday, when The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived to Canada. After being greeted they went to a War Memorial.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought she arrived in the black lace dress.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I thought she arrived in the black lace dress.
I think you are talking about the same dress - though in some pictures you can see that it's actually dark blue lace!

Closed Thread