The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue was quite appropriate as the colour of the Quebec provincial flag is blue and white. And the dress is by a Quebec-born designer. To me it seems like she puts a lot of thought into what she's wearing. Everyone might not like it but she's not on a fashion parade during this visit...and from all the live coverage I've seen and reaction of the people who've met her, the crowds love her no matter what she wears.
Most people will take the symbolism in her outfits on face value and appreciate it just as they've appreciated that William made his remarks entirely in French during the Quebec visit even though he doesn't speak the language.

I really like the white dress, its young and its very summery. I like the simplicity of it. The jacket is ok, I like the pale color of it. I would also like to see the jacket I would like to see with a colored or printed outfit.

I like the blue dress, that lace over it just make the dress!!! And she knows how to dress it..her body just fits in it:flowers: but again too much blue matching with her ring...

fascinator said:
Oooooh, is that a Chanel jacket??

All the palace will say is it a from Kates personal closet.....the blogs are on the case trying to find out where it's from :)

Reported Catherine is wearing a 'cream prencil dress by Sarah Burton' this morning.

So far, almost everything she has worn on an official capacity could have been sourced and their retail prices have been verified in maybe 95% of the cases. So, if she's an icon, then she'll be a marketing/retail icon for the fashion industry, but not a "fashion icon" per se, which in my book would be the case of somebody who would be able to create a unique style, like Jacky O or the Duchess of Windsor were.
I think she doesn't wish to become a fashion icon; Diana went down that very alluring path, and some of the same people who fawned over her unique style later dismissed her as a brainless clotheshorse. It can be a slippery slope, and Kate might have more personal happiness if she doesn't go there.

brenhinol said:
Reported Catherine is wearing a 'cream prencil dress by Sarah Burton' this morning.

While yes it's McQueen I'm not sure this is is a pencil dress. To me it looks like a sailor suit.....yes?

Yeah!!!!! The hair seems to be in a ponytail and it looks lovely! She looks young and pretty here IMO .....

Photo from whatkatewore.com

Last edited by a moderator:
While yes it's McQueen I'm not sure this is is a pencil dress. To me it looks like a sailor suit.....yes?

Yeah!!!!! The hair seems to be in a ponytail and it looks lovely! She looks young and pretty here IMO .....

Photo from whatkatewore.com

No not very pencil dress at all, but I do like it very much, more classy than costume. A edwardian nautical hint, and possibly a knit that reminds me of a cricket/tennis jumper!? and as has been suggested a bit of anne of green gables symbolisim! and her hair does look lovely does'nt it!!

Last edited:
The dress reminds me of a sailor's look and the an old lady who ties a scarf around her neck and it hangs. Not liking it but one can tell that this is quite a nice quality of work when it comes to the cut & fit.

i do like the ponytail, finally something different.

Last edited:
I am loving her style right now, in the past I have not been a fan, she is modern yet classic. It's still very much Kate but I'm loving it.

I hate to say this ,but am I the only one who has noticed how thin Catherine looks? All brides loose wieght before their weddings , but she just keeps loosing it. I was once told that the camera puts about 5 lb on a person, soooo, I do hope I'm wrong !!

... :) it's more like Sailor Moon ... ;) not Barbie

Yes I notice how very thin she still looks .. much prefered her healthy but slim look as a student.

Thanks for the pictures Duke of Marmarlade, I hadn't seen those , but :ohmy:
her waist has compleatly disappeared ! or is that just the cut of the dress :ermm:

Last edited:
Probably. I always wear Spanx under my dresses.

Kate's style may seem boring or too old for her but at least she looks professional & appropriate. I'd rather her be that way. It looks like she's put a lot of thought in all of her outfits.

Thanks for the picture, Soapstar, I am somewhat reassured .

She's very thin but she also very defined which shows she's morei health conscious than obsessed with being thin.

Still, I don't like how the cream dress looks on her through the hips.

The interesting thing about this "Anne of Green Gables" outfit is that I would NOT like it in any other setting (other than 1930s Wimbledon, as was mentioned above LOL). But I think it's absolutely right for this moment, this setting, this location. In that context, I love it. Would have chosen different earrings (did she only bring 3 pairs of earrings?), the sapphires are too formal for the outfit and the occasion. Cute little buttons would have been better.

She's wearing pants!!!!!! :) I'm so happy.....

Oh, and does anyone else recall reading that Princess Diana used to have tiny weights sewn into the hems of her skirts so that she didn't have the wind/underskirt problem? But she had to learn the hard way too -- by having a few embarrassing photos taken in her early days...not to compare the two, but there are certain lessons that can be learned from the past.

Thanks for the pictures Duke of Marmarlade, I hadn't seen those , but :ohmy:
her waist has compleatly disappeared ! or is that just the cut of the dress :ermm:
I see nothing strange in this disappeareance,it's her type of complexion and waist,sometimes the cuts of the dress and other elements provide different effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom