The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

Don't they dress up in "days gone by" pioneer outfits on that day?
No, we don't.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Not a fan of the dress, but Kate does it justice. Like her earrings, and hair.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Fashion :: Kate Middleton's Wimbledon dress is on SALE! SCORE!
Temperley Moriah Dress - cSee Boutique
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Kinda funny how every dress she wears gets sold out.Even if the person does not like the dress!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Kinda funny how every dress she wears gets sold out.Even if the person does not lilke the dress!
I would assume who buys it, likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Very nice, pretty, summer look. Elegant and relaxed at the same time. As usual, her hair look nice and healthy. Very pleasant contrast with the white dress.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Kinda funny how every dress she wears gets sold out.Even if the person does not lilke the dress!
And even more importantly, not every person who buys it can wear it
Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
The dress is ok. Not really a fan of it.
That's what I thought.
Simple - yes, nothing special and boring!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Particularly this dress, Kate has small hips so it's ok to wear ruffles around it. Let's hope those buying it are aware of this.
England weather is hot today, how William is able to keep the jacket on?! a true Prince

I like the dress, on her, but I won't be buying (like that is a real possibility). Maybe it's because we are seeing her in a lot of white lately, but I'm crazy for some color.

royautes et noblesse - Dress by Alice Temperley back
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone think this will start a new trend of white being not just a wedding day color but a wedding SEASON color, ie for the season following the ceremony?

It certainly does convey a "I'm the bride, remember?" message that is pretty adorable and shows how thrilled she is about her marriage.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do think Catherine was very well dressed for the tennis today. Great dress, and very nice to see her supporting British designers.

The dress was lovely, but IMO would only look good on a woman as slim as Kate! Those tiers would not be kind to a curvier figure.

As for makeup, it's such a personal thing; personally I love it and feel strange without any! To be honest, I think everyone looks better with a little makeup.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Nobility

But look at how toned her arms are...I want that workout regime....
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
But look at how toned her arms are...I want that workout regime....
I love the definition in her arms.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Nobility

I go to the gym and STILL cannot get those arms!!!!:bang

What DOES she do?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Nobility

I'm in love with the dress Kate wore today. Absolutely perfect for Wimbledon and she was glowing. It's fun to see a couple so into each other and happy. It adds everything to a look.

I've noticed that Kate has become much better at dressing her body type. The styles she has been wearing lately flatter her much more than the wrap dresses she used to wear. The slight flair on the dress today, the kicky little jackets, the McQueen corsets all give Kate a nice shape.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
I go to the gym and STILL cannot get those arms!!!!:bang

What DOES she do?
Tennis maybe? Rowing? I can't get those from simply running but I try. :(
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

I like that dress very much, and I'm not really a Temperley fan. I didn't care for the black and white dress she wore in public not long after the engagement was announced, but this is very pretty. The Fortuny-style pleating effect is elegant.

My one quibble is that she wore those nude patent high heels with it, and I'm not convinced that they worked for a tennis match. Something like wedged sandals with ankle ties might have been better.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

IMO, Kate has looked better in most of her post-wedding dresses than in her choice for Wimbledon. She is getting far too thin! The ruffles around her hips still enable her to look downright tiny and that is really difficult to pull off as every woman over the age of thirty knows.

I also agree with the many posts saying the Duchess needs to take a rest from a neutral palette and show more colourful choices. And while she has beautiful hair, it would be nice to see her do something different with it more often. The blown out, all around the face effect is distracting from her clothes and is getting a bit boring. I can't believe I'm saying this, but she could take a cue from Sarah, Duchess of York, and do different styles with that gorgeous mane of flowing locks - as Sarah did when a new member of the BRF.

However, Kate still looks lovely, as usual and certainly doesn't make many fashion faux-pas so respect to the new Duchess of Cambridge!

But, I still can't let go of my desire to see her ditch the panda eyed look with all that eyeliner. Wimbledon is not an event calling for a full face of cosmetics; IMO it makes her look older and less modern, less "fresh".
Old 06-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such a cute dress and it's cuteness is hidden by all that hair.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%! On a hot summer day, a cool summer dress and a summer hairdo, and a HAT to protect the skin!

Poor William, he is so gorgeous but hot in that suit.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

I have read , can't remember where that Catherine will not be taking a dresser to Canada with her and may "borrow" clothes from designers to help keep down costs. Is this a usual thing ? I am not really "we;; up" on the more modern aspects of Royalty, as most of my interse tends to lie in the more Historic, so am always happy to be informed, by those who know more than myself
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
I have read , can't remember where that Catherine will not be taking a dresser to Canada with her and may "borrow" clothes from designers to help keep down costs. Is this a usual thing ? I am not really "we;; up" on the more modern aspects of Royalty, as most of my interse tends to lie in the more Historic, so am always happy to be informed, by those who know more than myself
The only time I remember Diana, Princess of Wales borrowing a dress from a designer, was after the divorce when she borrowed the long white lace dress from Catherine Walker for an event in Washington D.C. I don't remember any other instance of a Royal borrowing clothes and the fact that Diana did not do so until divorced makes me think it's not a usual practice. However, I believe Sarah, Duchess of York did receive a huge discount on clothing from designers such as Yves Saint Laurent. Diana never asked for discounts, according to "Dressing Diana", a book devoted to her designers and written with the co-operation of most of them.

Personally, I don't think it would be appropriate for the Duchess of Cambridge to accept clothes "on loan" for Royal engagements. It places her in the position of "owing" the designer in an undefined way and just doesn't seem quite dignified for a future Queen, IMO.

Also, the Foreign Office gives Royal ladies a sum of money for clothes to be worn on formal visits outside the UK. I'm sure everyone remembers the fuss some made when Diana auctioned much of her formal wardrobe worn as HRH The Princess of Wales, as many of the gowns had been paid for by the Foreign Office....