The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Nobility

Putting Kate into Perspective

Each one of us might make a different choice of one or the other of the components of Kate's ensembles, (for me it, too, is the panda eyeliner -- love that description!), but to be fair and give her the credit she is due, this still- young woman has stepped into the full glare of the biggest spotlight in the world. No one in this day and age is getting the attention that the newly minted Duchess of Cambridge receives everytime she steps outside her door.

Yet she has not put a foot wrong and her appearances have been amazing! I am staggered at what she has been able to accomplish in such a short time... And we should compare her to everyone else on the world stage: her tailoring, her understated accessories, her poise and posture, her lovely smile: the overall effect is simply steller. What a credit she is to her husband, to the royal family and to her country!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVED Catherine's military style coat; I thought it suited her figure perfectly, and I adored the fascinator as well. I have said it before but I think I will like pretty much anything she wears as long as she has hair on her head. Her hair is absolutely beautiful. :)

Old 06-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

i love her outfit, but i'll give her a 9.7. why? the makeup in her eyes. i don't like that line in the eye. i never liked it.

the golden buttons reminds me diana. but it was perfect for the occasion. and i really love the hat. i want it!!!!

what i really like most of catherine is that she is very careful with the details. did you see the broach? it was an irish leave. perfect to go to an irish military event. she was gorgeous. stunning. and william was quite handsome with that uniform...
Old 06-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

I have to say that I don't like her military coat.
But love the shoes and hat :)
Old 06-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I really loved that McQueen coat.Very suitable.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

Kate at Wimbeldon

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...y-Images-Sport

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/117...y-Images-Sport

Back- http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/117494652/FilmMagic

shots of the dress- which I think looks awesome on her and I like a lot .....

Edit- this article has a better pic of the front
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...d-at-Wimbledon
Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Many have started guessing the details of Kate's outfit during Canadian Tour
What will Kate wear? Fashion fans anticipate latest looks from royal trendsetter - Yahoo! News
Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Kate at Wimbeldon

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Back- Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

shots of the dress- which I think looks awesome on her and I like a lot .....
Anybody recognise the dress? She has her LK Bennett shoes on
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Anybody recognise the dress? She has her LK Bennett shoes on
Yes here

Kate chooses 'Alice Temperley Moraiah Cream Tiered Dress' for her debut in the Royal box at Wimbledon - Princess Diana Remembered

'Alice Temperley Moraiah Cream Tiered Dress'
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

i like the dress, kate could almost go on court an play tennis in it
william must be sweating in his suit, its 40+ degrees on court.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

That is one lovely white layered dress on Kate, very summery and the fit looks great. I like the detailing on the straps as well. Its simple yet not too simple and quite elegant.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is ok. Not really a fan of it.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Mia you just beat me to it. WhatKatewore has the same info
This article has a nice full shot of it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...dy-Murray.html
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Love how Kate looks today! Cool as a cucumber and the tiered Temperley dress is fun and fashion forward.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Courtier

She looks great in this dress! Finally, age appropriate AND sophisticated at the same time. Perfect balance imo.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
That's great! (if true)
A red Mcqueen would be a great choice for Canadian Day
Don't they dress up in "days gone by" pioneer outfits on that day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Such a cute dress and it's cuteness is hidden by all that hair.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Nobility

On the contrary, KittyAtlanta, her hair is her crowning glory and if I had hair like that, I would go with it, too. She looks youthful AND sophisticated!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think Catherine was very well dressed for the tennis today. Great dress, and very nice to see her supporting British designers.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I don't think I could stand that much stuff on my face for any amount of time. I was shown how to apply make-up by a friend several years ago, and decided that in all honesty, it wasn't worth getting up early to do that on daily basis (or ever in my case).

Props to Duchess of Cambridge for having the patience to do this probably several times a day (I'd imagine she'd need to touch it up at some point).
I don't wear makeup because my facial skin happens to be my best feature and why would I, at 64, want to cover up super smooth, winkle-free, etc. skin. I do wear lipstick and eyebrow stuff, but I look funny without darker eyebrows (see my avatar --- no eyebrows)!

Kate has worn makeup all her adult life and will probably not change it for many, many years...and that's OK. She is doing very well with her clothing style and makeup. She looks pretty.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looked very pretty today the color suits her. William must be very hot in that suit.