The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is lovely, very elegant! She looks gorgeous!
Love her hair up :)

I normally like matching sheath dress and jacket combinations, and the navy dress looks quite nice, but there's something about the cut of the blazer that seems off. It doesn't quite seem in proportion to the dress.

As for her arrival number: the lines are truly lovely, but all the lace doesn't thrill me. And I think the nude patent shoes were a bad choice. She should have worn the shoes she left in.

Kate's navy dress on the first day of Canada visit was nice,but still very conservative

JulieS said:
Kate didn't wear the navy dress in Canada, only in the plane.

The lace dress was navy too wasn't it?

Lovely dress but quite dressy for the event, especially a daytime event.
A nice coat over a dress and a headpiece or hat would've been great.

I agree. It's a cocktail dress.

They are travelling on a Royal Canadian Air Force plane ;)

Yes, I saw that after my post. My comment still stands however, even flying RCA, she will not be stuffed into a tourist class situation where the major concerns are comfort. Having moved on, I do like the dress she was wearing on arrival in Canada. :flowers: it looks very comfortable.

Love the dress she arrived in, and the hair style too. Good beginning so far.

The first dress was too tight. A little too plain overall, loved the shoes.

The second dress is lovely, hair so much better. A nice hat or haircomb or something would have been nice.
Too hot for a jacket

She is dressed in 'business casual.'
Simple, yet professional..

Shes not attending a party, its end of week, and The Royals represent Her Majesty, & their beloved england..

IMHO, Everything looks well done!

JulieS said:
Black or navy, I'm not sure...

Edit : It's definitely navy, but I was talking about the first dress.

Funny it the videos it looks black- so now I'm unsure :) lol

Nice dress, I like Erdem's designs. But I would pick accessories in different color, darker, beige doesn't match IMO. I hope that we will see some colors in next few days, not only dark blue.

I agree. It's a cocktail dress.

That was my thoughts exactly. I like the dress but the events was all wrong. I thought it seemed too party for events that were not of that magnitude. I actually think the prime minister's wife was dressed very nice and patriotic. (didn't like her shoes though)

Like the hair half-up, though it was flying around, maybe a hat would be nice.I was surprised we didn't see when given that this would be perfect for one.

Nice dress, I like Erdem's designs. But I would pick accessories in different color, darker, beige doesn't match IMO. I hope that we will see some colors in next few days, not only dark blue.

I guess we will see red tomorrow, because it's Canada Day ;)

could you see princesses cate in erdem look#26? its an retro 30's style gown-what is the popular opinion

Discussion on Duchess of Cambridge's outfit worn to the BBQ has been moved to the
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1
Thread
as it was an evening event.​

´The drss lace was lovely but again blue, navy..she is trying too to match again her clothes with the ring...also I think she was lovely with that blue suit, why change clothes??It wasn't at all necessary in my opinion....

People wanted colour, ask and you shall be given :D

I don't like these types of hats but loving the way DofCa embraces the occasion within her outfits.

Dress is beautiful.

Lovely as always :flowers:

I think she's wearing the white Reiss dress from the official engagement photo.

I also see a maple leaf on her hat. Cute.

Last edited:
She looks wonderful in the lace dress and the nude color of the shoes is perfect. She's playing it safe with the navy, but it looks good on her.

The Daily Telegraph reports Kate is wearing a cream dress by Reiss, with the Queen's maple leaf brooch a hat by Sylvia Fletcher at Lock & Co. Not sure who the shoes and clutch are by but I think it's a wonderful and symbolic outfit.

Happy Canada Day!!

Personally my first post outside the Member Introductions field :eek:)))

The Daily Telegraph reports Kate is wearing a cream dress by Reiss, with the Queen's maple leaf brooch a hat by Sylvia Fletcher at Lock & Co. Not sure who the shoes and clutch are by but I think it's a wonderful and symbolic outfit.

Happy Canada Day!!

Personally my first post outside the Member Introductions field :eek:)))

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.

The headpiece is so ugly, especially the color.
The dress is lovely, but so true she looks skinny to me.

Look 1 ** Look 2

Not a fan of the headpiece, but the dress and brooch are not bad.

I like the white and red combination. But I think that shade of red makes it look cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom