The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looks lovely and very appropriately dressed. If being conservative is her style and comfort then she nailed it. Refreshing to see a new royal not looking like she just stepped of the runway at the latest fashion show.

I like the dress. It would have been nice to see it without the jacket though.

Her hair looks really lovely in these photos.

She is still a newly bride so if she wears white for a few more months that is perfectly fine. If she tends to wear it more often, who can blame her, its her color and if it does suit her why not wear it. Lets not forget it's very much in season as well.

I don't understand the white clothing discussion. It has been a summertime favorite, worldwide, since time immemorial. Anyone can wear white anytime they want. It has no special significance to Kate.

This dress is the cutest thing she's worn. It could be a "party" dress if worn to a barbeque, but not to a cocktail party...it's a day dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great! Very polished and not just thrown together. I 'm looking forward to the rest of their tour.

It is a lovely dress that is, again, too tight. One's clothing should never torque when walking. She wears heavy makeup because she does not have great skin. She will learn, in time, that she would look better with a lighter hand.

I do hope they have a great trip.

I like the color of her dress and jacket. She looks very elegant and classy (as pretty much always). The only thing I would do differently is the footwear. I'd go for flats, but only because I'm a lover of being as comfortable as possible (and I don't imagine it's all that comfortable traveling in high heels). Looking forward to seeing her other ensembles during the tour.

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like a flight attendant? Appropriate since she's boarding a plane anyway.

I entirely agree with earlier comments about Kate wearing an outfit that reflects a "worklike" approach . This is how a modern Royal should be imo- not just a clothes' horse.

Not confortable to travel a so long distance... avery tight dress... but very appropriate for a work trip....:flowers:

She looks elegant and professional, IMO. The jacket is very convenient to have when traveling given the temperature changes on a plane. This looks like a very comfortable travel dress. Honestly, she looks the way people used to look when travelling by air instead the current choices people make. She is after all, I'm sure flying first class which is far more comfortable than tourist class. Smart choice with the Canadian made blazer. I hope they have a wonderful trip.

I have yet to see a picture which shows how much "pancake makeup" she is wearing. What am I missing here?

Kate looks very professional & conservative, I like her style although it is far too old for her, in addition I dislike the pancake make-up, far too heavy for a 29 year old!
Hair is very boring.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/30/article-2009840-0CCC73CA00000578-849_306x784.jpg
I'm not fond of the make-up either. I've always disliked they way she uses her eyeliner, which results in making her eyes look smaller than they actually are. Although the hairdo is repetitive it's quite nice because of the curls at the ends and the good blow - dry at the back.
As to the outfit it's like it should be.

Last edited:
Her outfit was alright.I really like the jacket and the gold buttons.

Crisp and Professional

I think they look perfectly appropriate. As others have stated, Kate and William are working. This is their job. I want them to take it seriously enough to not care that all over the world, on boards like this one, people are discussing whether it's good or bad, too tight or too loose, whether her makeup and jewelry pass muster, etc.. I hope she never pays any attention to any of the dribble-drabble. While it might be entertaining for those of us who frequent the boards, I hope that neither of them ever pays attention to anything we say. :)

We're leaving for Prince Edward Island in a few hours - we will be one of the parties watching them at Province House and then, the next day, as they dragon boat race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the white clothing discussion. It has been a summertime favorite, worldwide, since time immemorial. Anyone can wear white anytime they want. It has no special significance to Kate.

I didn't say it wasn't a season color nor do I have a problem with her wearing white, on the contrary I said it did suit her well and should wear it more often :)

They arrive live on CNN in Ottawa. Commented by Richard Quest (love this man, his voice is terrific).

Kate changed herself in a beautifl navy lace dress from ERDEM. Hair attached. Smiling and talking to each person waiting on the tarmac of the Ottawa Airport.

I love Kate's arrival dress. I like that she choose a Canadian designer.

Erdem

It is just me or does Kate seem to be a bit paranoid about clashing with her ring. We keep seeing alot of white and Navy blue- beautiful outfits, don't get me wrong, but we need some variation. I think William needs to buy her some rings in other colors.

She looks enormously better than the model in the above-referenced advertisement for that dress!

I think they look perfectly appropriate. As others have stated, Kate and William are working. This is their job. I want them to take it seriously enough to not care that all over the world, on boards like this one, people are discussing whether it's good or bad, too tight or too loose, whether her makeup and jewelry pass muster, etc.. I hope she never pays any attention to any of the dribble-drabble. While it might be entertaining for those of us who frequent the boards, I hope that neither of them ever pays attention to anything we say. :)

We're leaving for Prince Edward Island in a few hours - we will be one of the parties watching them at Province House and then, the next day, as they dragon boat race.

Catherine, can I come with you?! :lol: Please comeback and share your day with us. Erdem is a perfect selection, Canandian brand loved by British

Both outfits look great! Kate looks amazing as always!

Mia_mae said:
. Erdem is a perfect selection, Canandian brand loved by British

And wasn't the designer born in Britian and grew up in Canada? Something like that- a nice mix and nod to both countries...

Edit- i'm wrong, flip that- based in Britian, born in Canada

Last edited:
Kate is absolutely perfect with this beautiful dress. We are so lucky to have her in Canada for some days ! :)

MYROYALS: DUKE AND DUCHESS CAMBR

Is her hair half up in these pics or is it the wind? So far I like the first dress - it's elegent but yuck to this lace number....sorry but not a fan of entire lacy dress.....regardless though she looks classy and very Royal (plus pretty as usual)....
That's a lovely dress and a nice hairstyle. I think I definitely like it without any hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom