The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Canadian look, two costs, third including earrings :flowers:

I quite like the blazer and great top under, good look on her. But not of the leggings :sad:

And another great hair style. I like the braid. :)

Good to see Kate is wearing a Canadian blazer and I like the braid, and boots, but jeggings, UGh. Please, a nice pair of jeans would make a change!

I don't post a whole lot but when I see Kate in these tight legging things I just hate it! End of rant. She has looked incredible this whole trip. Just not a fan of the real tight leggings.

Kate's many hairstyles has been a highlight of this trip. I dislike the leggings but the blazer and the blouse is a lovely combination.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Would of loved to see a nice jean but otherwise love her outfit and hair!

LaRae

You guys do know that skinny jeans are a thing, right? Not all skinny pants are leggings. I own several skinny jeans, that I love. I'm fairly certain Kate's wearing skinny jeans, but I recognize that the line between jeggings and skinny jeans is very thin.

You guys do know that skinny jeans are a thing, right? Not all skinny pants are leggings. I own several skinny jeans, that I love. I'm fairly certain Kate's wearing skinny jeans, but I recognize that the line between jeggings and skinny jeans is very thin.
Haha, yeah.
Leggings=pantlike long "underwear" (similar use to hose), elastic waist, stretchlike fabric, no pockets etc
Jeggings=pantlike long "underwear" (similar use to hose), elastic waist, stretchlike jeans fabric, no pockets etc
Jeans=Pants, stretch or non-stretch jeans fabric, sometimes pockets, closed with buttons or zipper.

Kate's pants are jeans. Very stretchy and tights jeans but absolutley not leggings!

Yes you're right but skinny jeans still don't do it for me. I'd like to see her in other trouser cuts and varying the fabric more. Lucky Kate that she can wear them without worrying about thunder thighs - just imagine how cruel the press would be if it were otherwise.

Yes you're right but skinny jeans still don't do it for me. I'd like to see her in other trouser cuts and varying the fabric more. Lucky Kate that she can wear them without worrying about thunder thighs - just imagine how cruel the press would be if it were otherwise.

Yeah, I was not speaking against personal taste! Ofc people can not like them! I was just pointing out that they are in no way leggins :) I don't have anything against her skinny jeans, but it would be fun to see her in different styles. But I think she prefers these kind of skinny pants because they are usually very strechy and easy to move in.

The look is wonderful. I love her hairstyle.

Love this look. Really sharp, elegant and classy.

the heels are fab! i like those shoes a lot and they add a bit of pizzazz to the otherwise very neutral outfit, which i really don't mind because i still think she looks great in it - professional and business looking (actually, there is something i mind about it - that ghastly T shirt which looks cheap. but i will do as if i hadn't seen that! :whistling: ).

Last edited:
I love that shoe! A plaid!

LaRae

How long has Kate's hairdresser on this your been styling her hair because she has certainly pulled all the stops out. Long may this continue.
Still not loving these skinny trousers, even on Kate's lovely legs.

I love this outfit! Nice blend of classy and casual. Her hair is gorgeous. I don't think I've seen it styled quite this way before. It's cool to see her branching out on her shoe styles on this trip.

Kate and Wills are glad to ditch their fishing gear as beaming Duchess wears a British fashion favourite as they begin the last day of their hugely-successful Canadian tour* | Daily Mail Online

Catherine looks great. It would be nice if she dressed like this on official engagements back home. Sometimes she can break away from dresses and overcoats. The British Royal women have this crazy obsession with dresses and overcoats. Catherine looks good in pants and so does The Queen.

Totally agree so nice to see her in something other than a coat

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder really, however fashion is a fickle woman for sure. Be thankful that the duchess does not wear Oprah's sweatpants, Kim Kardashian's dresses or three quarter length arms and legs on her pants. She is always, refined and presentable. When I look at the clothing I wish to have I remember that at least I have clothing, no matter how awful they are, it could always be worse that that.

The white coat, like her arrival dress, professional but her usual meh look:ermm:

But her last casual look is nice. The b.azer is great. I have liked her casual looks the best this tour. It would be great yo see her in pants more often back home, as she is obviously not opposed to pants as some think. For casual events, her looks in Canada definitely suit better than some of her dresses. :flowers:

And please, whatever came over her stylist, let it continue. Her hair has been Stunning on thud trip. I hope she continues.

Haha, yeah.
Leggings=pantlike long "underwear" (similar use to hose), elastic waist, stretchlike fabric, no pockets etc
Jeggings=pantlike long "underwear" (similar use to hose), elastic waist, stretchlike jeans fabric, no pockets etc
Jeans=Pants, stretch or non-stretch jeans fabric, sometimes pockets, closed with buttons or zipper.

Kate's pants are jeans. Very stretchy and tights jeans but absolutley not leggings!

Yeah what a great post I haven't been brave enough to call anyone out about using the word "jegging "

When W and C visited the Cridge centre, does anyone know more details about her necklace? Was there a heart on the chain? Thanks

When W and C visited the Cridge centre, does anyone know more details about her necklace? Was there a heart on the chain? Thanks
They are from asprey. A line of woodland charms. She has an acorn, a leaf and a mushroom in her necklace :)

I liked the blazer and hair, which was somewhat tied back. Kate suits casual and sporty very well and still think trousers would have been more practical for that children's party gig. The blouse with the blazer could have had a bit more zing, black and white design perhaps. Kate has a long torso and not particularly long legs for her height. I don't like jeggings, leggings or tight jeans on her, and wish she'd try another cut of pants/trousers. I think the necklet with the woodland themes was charming.

Last edited:
Her last look is her best of the casual outfits. Normally I don't care for heels that have such a low heel, but the print makes up for it. It's a really nice shoe.

You were most kind to answer my question. Do you know what is the significance of the mushroom? I see you are from Sweden. I really enjoy reading all the news about the Swedish royals. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom