The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she has done quite well in the tour. I do wish she would wear some Canadian designers. We haven't seen any recycled outfits, if she is going to dish out money on new clothes for the tour, would be nice to see her supporting designers from the country she is visiting. :sad:

She has recycled the green coat which she wore yesterday.
Canadian designers would be nice.

Coat dress no surprise but she looks great. The only issue is the slightly awkward positioning of the buttons on her chest area. Like her shoe choice with the look and am loving her updos on this trip :flowers:

I think she has done quite well in the tour. I do wish she would wear some Canadian designers. We haven't seen any recycled outfits, if she is going to dish out money on new clothes for the tour, would be nice to see her supporting designers from the country she is visiting. :sad:

She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Most of the time, it's about how she needs to wear British designers at home and abroad. and now it's "wear Canadian designers".

I can't think of a time when I heard people call for Mary to wear American designers in the US, or British designers in the UK, etc. It's always "she should wear Danish designers". Same for other royal women.

I am going to withhold judgement until the end of the tour. There's still several more chances for Kate to wear Canadian designers. And still, if she doesn't, I don't think I'd complain. She's worn British designers, which as a British Duchess, people think she should. So, eh.

Catherine is wearing Canadian designer Sentaler in Carcross and earrings by a Yukon designer

The red coat is beautiful and a great color.

Just spotted the quick change to casual wear on the current events thread. Kate is showing once again she is queen of the casual wear with a wonderful tied knit jacket ( I think it is woollen) and lovely boots.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Another great look today! Love the color and style of the coat ...and I love her shoes too!

So far the only miss for me was the red tier dress.

LaRae

I love the red colour of the coat, but as others have said, the position of the buttons on it have been altered, and badly. The wool knitted jacket is by a Canadian designer. So, I believe, are the earrings. When the BRF are on Commonwealth tours, it is always good PR to wear designer clothing and/or accessories from the country involved on a few occasions.

She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Most of the time, it's about how she needs to wear British designers at home and abroad. and now it's "wear Canadian designers".

I can't think of a time when I heard people call for Mary to wear American designers in the US, or British designers in the UK, etc. It's always "she should wear Danish designers". Same for other royal women.

I am going to withhold judgement until the end of the tour. There's still several more chances for Kate to wear Canadian designers. And still, if she doesn't, I don't think I'd complain. She's worn British designers, which as a British Duchess, people think she should. So, eh.

Perhaps because Mary is princess of Denmark not the USA. Victoria is princess of Sweden and not Of the U.K. And so on.

Kate is a member of the British total family, who represents not only the uk but the other commonwealth countries, including Canada. She is on an official tour of a country her husband is the future king of. She is here on Canadian money representing us. So I have no problem saying that yes I expect to see her at least making an attempt at wearing Canadian designers.

Last edited:
I really love the red coat. Catherine looks very elegant in it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Perhaps because Mary is princess of Denmark not the USA. Victoria is princess of Sweden and not Of the U.K. And so on.

Kate is a member of the British total family, who represents not only the uk but the other commonwealth countries, including Canada. She is on an official tour of a country her husband is the future king of. She is here on Canadian money representing us. So I have no problem saying that yes I expect to see her at least making an attempt at wearing Canadian designers.

I find this funny. .... Kate needs to wear Canadian designers in Canada, but nothing in any of the other countries in the Commonwealth. I don't mind this idea if it's applied equally, but it's not.

And still an incredibly silly and pointless conversation in the middle of a tour. (and boy do I hate to compare women, but nobody ever complains about Sophie not wearing Canadian designers in Canada, etc. This is ridiculous.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this funny. Will needs to be able to speak French for the Quebecois, but no mention of any member of the royal family needing to speak any of the other languages in the Commonwealth. Kate needs to wear Canadian designers in Canada, but nothing in any of the other countries in the Commonwealth. I don't mind this idea if it's applied equally, but it's not.

And still an incredibly silly and pointless conversation in the middle of a tour. (and boy do I hate to compare women, but nobody ever complains about Sophie not wearing Canadian designers in Canada, etc. This is ridiculous.)
I agree. I just have to say one thing (and this is in no way a putdown on Sophie, she's great). She's literally a patron of british fashion organizations and to an event showcasing british fashion she wore Valentino.

Well, in my earlier post I pointed out that as the Commonwealth is very important to the BRF it is always good PR for senior Royal females to wear some clothes and accessories from designers in the country they are touring.

And that doesn't just mean Canada, but New Zealand, Australia, countries in the Pacific and the Caribbean that are in the Commonwealth. It's not compulsory of course, but it generates good will.

Maybe the strength of the Commonwealth connections can be overlooked by some. However, as an Australian the Commonwealth is important to me. Anything that binds Britain and British representatives to this organisation, and the countries within it, however small the gesture, helps IMO.

Well, in my earlier post I pointed out that as the Commonwealth is very important to the BRF it is always good PR for senior Royal females to wear some clothes and accessories from designers in the country they are touring.

And that doesn't just mean Canada, but New Zealand, Australia, countries in the Pacific and the Caribbean that are in the Commonwealth. It's not compulsory of course, but it generates good will.

Maybe the strength of the Commonwealth connections can be overlooked by some. However, as an Australian the Commonwealth is important to me. Anything that binds Britain and British representatives to this organisation, and the countries within it, however small the gesture, helps IMO.

It's pointless because it's the middle of the tour. And look, she wore Canadian designers today. I just think we should wait until the end of the tour before she's raked over the coals for not being good enough, that's all.

I don't think anyone's 'raking Kate over the coals'. What started this conversation off was a Canadian poster remarking that as she's a senior Royal on tour in an important Commonwealth country, it would be good to see Kate wearing some Canadian designer clothing. And I agree. It's a goodwill gesture if nothing else.

Seeing as how Kate has actually worn clothing by Canadian designers then why are people still carrying on about it?

LaRae

Can't believe the Carolina Herrera coats buttons would be positioned that way, it must have been that they were altered as another suggested. Wish she had worn the scarf too. Love the shoes, I had the same pair in the seventies I'm sure!
The periwinkle blue belted sweater is a real winner. It is perfect for kate as the fabric and the belt add weight but I'm afraid we mortals would look like roly poly in it.

I really don't like the combination, the coat is lovely and also very elegante /too polite to be wearing has a casual coat, those boots are awful and doesn't get along with the beautiful coat...

I think the sweater coat was casual and went well with the rest of the outfit.

I really like the coat, but the brown boots aren't good with it; why not black boots?

I love the coat, but I totally disliked that kind of jacket/bathcloth Kate wore afterwards.

:rolleyes:

people will nitpick anything.

Love the green dress, especially without the ugly watch. The green coat is great too.

Today's red coat is great. She looks amazing today.

It seems that you particularly enjoy having a go at posters who you dislike.:whistling: This has nothing to do with Kate.

I've have loved alomst all of Kate's outfit so far, but imo she should stick with Canadian or British designers. At least, she should make that effort while on tour.

i am somehow not very impressed with today's looks. they are okay but nothing amazing IMO. the first days of the tour were more interesting from a fashion standpoint. she really rocked that blue outfit for her arrival and the red gala dress!

I like it..she looks really good...casual but not too casual.

LaRae

I quite like the dress...I'm pretending I don't see her shoes.

LaRae

So far I liked everything she wore on this trip. She looks wonderful and very relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom