The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is nice but the sleeves could've been slightly shorter or longer, that length is a bit weird. The wedges ruined the whole look for me.

The dress is nice, not exceptional but lovely. Nevertheless I don't understand her "obsession" for high heels. She is tall enough to be able to adapt her heels to each circumstance. A nice pair of flat sandals or a pair of flat espadrilles could be lovely for the sand. These heels are ridiculous for the sand.
Should we presume that Catherine feels short near William ?
She reminds me the Felipe/Letizia pair, but Letizia is really petite near Felipe. Catherine isn't !

Last edited:
I think Catherine might be a little long-waisted, and she may think it makes her legs look a little short. This might be why she not only wears heels virtually all the time, but also wears her belts higher than her natural waistline.

:previous: The colour is definitely meh in fact I think it is a total washout. And, with all that abundance of loose hair, I wouldn't mind betting more than a few people went home and said they "saw Kate's hair" today.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I like Kate's minimalistic style. For the most part, I think she dresses in what could be termed as "serviceable" attire. Its appropriate, it doesn't scream out anything at you like "look at how flattering and trendy I am" and with her hair always being basically the same, there's no jumping on a bandwagon about different styles.

I believe its all done on purpose. Just another dress where they can name the designer, the color and the cut and nothing more be said. It also allows more focus to be on what Kate is doing rather than what Kate is wearing.

Smart woman.

I think Catherine might be a little long-waisted, and she may think it makes her legs look a little short. This might be why she not only wears heels virtually all the time, but also wears her belts higher than her natural waistline.

Yes, I think you're right. Kate has a long torso, and you can see this quite a bit when she wears jeggings.

She does love a bargain! Kate wears £21.99 patterned trousers from Gap to brighten up a murky morning at the Eden Project with Prince William

• Duchess, 34, wore navy Smythe blazer and eye-catching printed trousers
  • Previously sported £426 jacket to Royal International Air Tattoo in Gloucestershire in July
  • Couple diverted to Eden Project after planned trip to Isles of Scilly delayed by heavy fog
  • Will visit Tresco Abbey Garden and St Martin's Community Centre
By Siofra Brennan For Mailonline
Published: 05:54 EST, 2 September 2016 | Updated: 08:15 EST, 2 September 2016

The Duchess of Cambridge flaunted her love of a bargain this morning as she arrived at the Eden Project in Cornwall in a pair of £21.99 trousers from Gap.
Kate, 34, teamed her high street buy with a £462 navy Smythe blazer, which she previously wore to the Royal International Air Tattoo in Gloucestershire in July this year.
And she finished off the ensemble with the nude Monsoon wedges she wore yesterday - which she previously sported on the royal tour of India - as well as the same box clutch.
Scroll down for video
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/02/14/37D58AF900000578-3770693-image-m-46_1472821870645.jpg
+11

Kate, 34, wore a pair of patterned skinny trousers, which she teamed with the same Monsoon wedges she wore yesterday as she arrived at the Eden Project in Cornwall

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/02/11/37D430BF00000578-3770693-image-a-9_1472813526155.jpg
+11

Kate and William spent half an hour touring The Eden Project which tells the story of the world through its plants

Last edited:
Casual Kate is my favourite Kate. Love today's outfit. Her trousers are from the Gap.

That's how they're supposed to look. It's the style as they say. In fact this is one of my favourite casual outfits on Kate.

She rocks casual/sporty like no one else.

The pants are bad. They look like she got them in the childrens's department. And what's with the weird cutout on the back of the jacket? I'm old enough to remember that scene in The Parent Trap where Hayley Mills cuts out the back of her (twin?) rival's skirt. Barely old enough but I remember being scandalized by that. LOL The things that scar us for life...

They look like pyjamapants and then the wedges again ...

not a nice look especially from the backside
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/02/14/37D5AB5500000578-3770693-image-a-75_1472823788421.jpg

I agree. Although i do like the pattern a little. but its just too tight for an official engagement
the wedges again are ugly!
the coat is nice, and like that she pinned her hair back
http://66.media.tumblr.com/ebed67426f3ee09cc6c8709b2ccb81f9/tumblr_ocvjekL4XM1tla25io1_540.jpg

LOVE the outfit, have the exact same pants I just have to roll mine up :lol:

Sharp outfit, but relaxed.

I dont care for the pants look but it's definitely a lovely change/surprise to the skirts and dresses and the skinny jeans.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 -

Love this outfit. Super cute and nicely casual. The printed pants are a nice change. The blazer adds a touch of elegance.

Wow what a change and not simply due to pants which is rare for her at an engagement. I do find the pants a bit tight but I love the print and style on her. :flowers: I wasn't keen on the coat before but actually looks really good in this case. And her hair looks great back a bit especially since they were originally meant to be flying. Good way to handle wind without childish headband:)

Now if she could lose those bloody wedges (and perhaps looser pants) it would be perfect

She did switch to boat shoes later on in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

i liked the look today! i actually thought the trousers were a bit different and refreshing to see something new. i always loved that blazer and the hairdo is very nice too (did she bring her hairdresser?). it is a winner for me!

Pants a little too tight and please throw out the wedges. Could have been a great look but it wasn't

Casual Kate is my favorite, so today's outfit gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm alone in this, but I loved the style and color of the dress she wore yesterday. The only thing I would have changed about the look were the wedges...a cute pair of flats would have worked better.

I don't mind the pants, pattern fine but the fit is rather tight, what would happen if Kate had to squat down to talk to children etc? Like others, I long for those wedges to go, and would have liked to have seen a smart black/navy blue pair of flats. The blazer with the cut out bum section was bizarre IMO but the White top was fine. It's good that Kate's hair was pinned back. I absolutely hate to see it blowing all over the place when it's windy.

Last edited:
Liked the two outfits but like everyone, the wedges ruined it. They look old and worn out. I also don't understand why she wears such high heels when she is so tall also. The neckline of the white shirt and the navy blazer really looks well on her, especially with the hair back.
I too was begging got a necklace, scarf or something for the pink dress.

What's with the Middleton girls and their bottoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom