The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the Middleton girls and their bottoms

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

... In that what, they have them?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

... In that what, they have them?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

In that they seem to get attention.

And it was a light hearted comment so don't read anything more into it. It's good to have a laugh sometimes although that doesn't usually happen here

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ok I don't even see any pics of the back of Kate in this outfit (which I love by the way).

Great pant...love the style/color of the whole outfit. Very casual but not too much so.

LaRae

From Duchess Kate Blog - Not only stylish but for a great cause as well.

An interesting nugget of information about the pants: they were made by women who participate in P.A.C.E., an education program that gives women the skills and confidence to change their lives.

Gap Inc. launched P.A.C.E. in 2007 in partnership with vendors and global and local non-governmental organisations (NGOs).

They leverage company resources and expertise and these critical partnerships to provide life skills, education, and technical training to female garment workers through the P.A.C.E. program.

More than 25,000 women have participated in the programme so far.

https://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-change-of-plan-for-cambridges.html

I must be in the minority, but I really liked the sporty look! Kate, imo, looks way better when she is wearing casual looks. Maybe the simple white top wasn't the best thing i've seen, but I don't find those pants so wrong. I am sucker for "pyjamas" trousers and I have a pair of them, too. They are so comfortable and keep you cool.

The more I think about it, the more I like Kate's minimalistic style. For the most part, I think she dresses in what could be termed as "serviceable" attire. Its appropriate, it doesn't scream out anything at you like "look at how flattering and trendy I am" and with her hair always being basically the same, there's no jumping on a bandwagon about different styles.

I believe its all done on purpose. Just another dress where they can name the designer, the color and the cut and nothing more be said. It also allows more focus to be on what Kate is doing rather than what Kate is wearing.

Smart woman.

Totally agree with you. Catherine's style is very practical and to the point. As a 'plain Jane' myself when it comes to clothing, I'm glad to see someone else who dresses for practicality rather than for show.

As for the Gap trousers, I don't mind the style, but I do mind the pattern. It's too much. Then again, I'm not brave enough to wear patterned trousers, so I give Catherine points for being able to sort of pull them off. The boat shoes were a good choice, because more than likely, they were worn in and made it more comfortable to walk. The wedges have got to go. They're awful.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Ah, she took a risk and wore trendy pants and to me it was just fine! We complain when she plays it safe and then we complain when she does something like this. I like this just fine!

And there was a lot of staff wearing blues on these stops too. It made for lovely pictures. In America, we see a conspiratorial aspect to this color matching ;).

I've looked online and can't find the lovely Eden Project umbrella with the fern on it. But there gift store does have a lot of (reasonably priced IMO) gift ideas. And much more info here: Top eco visitor attraction - rainforest, gardens & educational charity - Eden Project Cornwall UK

:previous: Was just about to comment on the fact that she did step outside the box this time by wearing the pants. Love the pattern and that she strayed from her usual sartorial safety zone.:)

The only thing I don't like, and this is nitpicky, is the length of the pant...I think they hit her in a weird spot. Should be shorter or (preferably) longer.

Even though they are tight to the body...the busy pattern helps 'mask' things. It looks fine. I prefer this to flying skirts.

The worst part of the outfit is the wedges. If they were a sporty blue pair it might of worked better.

LaRae

I really dislike Kate's style usually. But here for a once, I think I could wear what she choose. It is way more modern than the way she uses to dress

Catherine looked great on both days.

I find the pink dress beautiful but I really dislike the shoes.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the Eden Project | Daily Mail Online

Those printed pants look awful! They're too short, for one thing.

The pants are awful but the rest of the look is nice.

I quite like this polka dot dress. Simple and she looks great in it.

The shoes...meh.

LaRae

I definitely like the dress: it's pretty, simple, fresh, and the wrap-up style has always suited her. If only she woulc change that clutch it would be even better. She has carried the same clutch for everything and too long no imo.

I think the dress if lovely. Perfect for the occasion.

But isn't she supposed to stick to British designers for official visits? Is that no longer the case?

I've never heard she is only supposed to wear Brit designers to official events?

LaRae

She needs to get some DVF dresses/clothes. They would suit her style too.

LaRae

I've never heard she is only supposed to wear Brit designers to official events? LaRae

Economic support for local enterprises. Keeping money "at home." Supporting the home team. Showing off the talent of indigenous designers (as a passive advert for them).

It makes sense. Likewise, wearing a local designer on foreign visits is a tip of the hat to their talent.

But isn't she supposed to stick to British designers for official visits? Is that no longer the case?
There is no such rule. Sophie wear ALOT of other designers, Diana did as well etc. The Queen basically wears a handful of designers. Kate wears a majority of british designers, but there are no such rules (even though some people will try to tell you otherwise)

Economic support for local enterprises. Keeping money "at home." Supporting the home team. Showing off the talent of indigenous designers (as a passive advert for them).

It makes sense. Likewise, wearing a local designer on foreign visits is a tip of the hat to their talent.
Yes, those are the exact reasons royals often wear local designers (or are praised when they do). Today her shoes and bag and jewelry were british, the dress not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thanks! I wasn't sure if she did or not..seemed like I remembered her wearing one. But other designers have similar styles etc.

Has she worn a classic DVF wrap dress yet? Can't tell...the blue and white maybe?

LaRae

Ah thanks! I wasn't sure if she did or not..seemed like I remembered her wearing one. But other designers have similar styles etc.

Has she worn a classic DVF wrap dress yet? Can't tell...the blue and white maybe?

LaRae
Blue and white yes. And she has a pink-black one that she has had since at least 2002 that she wore to a private visit to EACH a few years ago.

She needs to bring out some of the old clothes! Funny to say that because she does re-wear things often...but I'm sure she has so many it's possible we might rarely see some of these again.

LaRae

Don't think today's blue dress, is it DVF?does anything for her. It looks like a "rag" as my mother would say meaning it doesn't have much cut or structure which emphasizes her thinness. Also the high cut on the thigh is too high for day, IMO.

I like the dress, the print is nice. Old topic, I hate the hair, Kate is so stick-thin that it looks like a massive wig at times.

I agree about the size of the hair vs the size of the body, like Barbie I am afraid

She doesn't have to, but it does nothing for her image to wear a foreign designer on such a local event.

Don't think today's blue dress, is it DVF?does anything for her. It looks like a "rag" as my mother would say meaning it doesn't have much cut or structure which emphasizes her thinness. Also the high cut on the thigh is too high for day, IMO.

It's not DVF, it's an NY designer.

I love the colors but not the print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom