The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This dress is lovely, I like the print...the style is great for her.

LaRae

I like the Wimbledon dress. It's summery and I'm sure she will recycle it at some other emgagememt.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree. It actually looks like something she may have originally purchased for the India tour and did not wear. It is a lovely summer dress

I was thinking exactly the same thing - this dressed would have fitted in quite nicely amongst the outfits for that tour.

I'm quite sure we will see this dress again at some point, but I do wonder whether this type of dress is versatile enough for other events - could a suitable hat or jacket be found that would go with it in order for it to be worn at a more formal event?

William isn't super casual either. He isn't in jeans with his sleeves rolled up. He is in a jacket with dress pants. They are there in an official capacity not attending as private citizens. George was the only one that got in a fighter jet. They go up and down airplane steps and get in/out of helicopters in dresses/heels and suits all the time. Kate walked down airplane steps in a gale in NZ holding a squirmy 9 month old George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To be fair the red skirt did fly up when she was descending those stairs. But thankfully this time the skirt wasn't light weight and was closer to her body so it wouldn't fly up.

Better her skirt flys up then she drops the future King ?

what a pretty mcqueen dress! great choice. it is a beauty.

i think kate does a good job at combining high end and high street. it is usual to see her in high end designers like today, but it is just as usual to see her wearing something mid range (like LK bennett) or high street (like topshop). i think it is a great strategy. UK is a destination for luxury shopping, and the desire for british brands is in the uprise, so highlighting mcqueen is a good tactique. yet, she doesn't forget to find brands that anyone can buy to retain her 'down to earth' status. besides, the UK is not like spain - they are hardly in economic crisis, so i doubt people would complain if their royalty wears expensive clothing.

I don't like the pattern on the McQueen dress - if it had been only butterflies it would have been pretty but the other motifs just make it quirky but not that nice. I especially don't like the Mc Queen skull detail on their designs

I like the style of the dress, and the colors are great for summer :flowers: But I find the print itself far too busy. I have no problem thinking it may have been intended for India. It would have fit with the style and busy patterns she wore during it.

the dress is nice and worth repeating.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/10/14/36216F4D00000578-3683114-image-a-85_1468157442338.jpg

i don't mind the cost, she's got the money and she spends it, i don't get the 'thrifty kate' headlines at all, its hypocrisy. she will be the most famous royal of the world when the time comes and has already been reduced to 'what is she wearing' anyway.

I love the dress. The print is interesting. The Duchess looks wonderful.

A good choice for Wimbledon. I agree it looks like it could have been a standby for the Indian tour. What about William's jacket ?not his usual look!

A good choice for Wimbledon. I agree it looks like it could have been a standby for the Indian tour. What about William's jacket ?not his usual look!

I actually noticed William's jacket before I noticed Kate's dress. It is so nice to see him in something other than a blue suit. I loved her dress. Skulls are not my thing, but it is a really cute print and I like the fact that it is an edgier print than what she usually wears.

It seems as if I'm in the minority here, because I'm not too enthused about the dress Catherine wore to Wimbledon. Whilst I think it suits her and she looks nice, it's not really my cup of tea as I'm not a fan of the colours of the print and find the print itself to be a little busy. Catherine's hair and makeup is very nice though.

Catherine always repeats every outfit, multiple times. But there has to be a first outing, and it's a lovely dress for the tennis.
You really have to laugh, all the current Crown Princesses and a couple or three Queens were accused of wasting large amounts of money on "fashion" in the first five years or so of marriage.

Then they start to repeat clothes from years ago and they are seen as thrifty! It takes time to build up a royal wardrobe and, to be honest, most are not filled with cutting edge design but rather classics, ot tather like Catherine's. I like the style of this dress but am not too sure of the print.

The dress style and print suits Kate; plus it's a bit different than what she usually wears.

I love the cut, lines and shape of the McQueen dress. Not crazy about the print, but it's not objectionable, and McQueen is all about skulls so that would be expected. But the look is fresh and clean. Loved seeing William in a summery jacket as well.

If that dress has skulls as part of the pattern, it's a very curious and unlovely choice in my opinion :ermm:

Love the dress, cut and lines, not thrilled about the actual print. If she had. Her clothes custom made, I would if I had her money, nobody would know how much.
Thankfully William has on a decent jacket for once, he looks great

I can actually imagine this wimbeldon dress being her suitcase for the India tour and was not used. would make sense the style of the dress and the designer being McQueen as its normally reserved for big events & tours

I agree with you 100 percent on this. Same with the yellow dress at the tennis. It simply emphasis the thinness.

I actually gave a pass to the yellow dress, as I like it very much! This one though, is a very loose and bland blue dress.:flowers:

I just called Lupo and asked him to please chew up all her wedges with the espadrille rope covered heel. He agreed it is time to move onto some other, fresher summer look. :lol:

I like the outfit, but I do think that Catherine could have worn different shoes. I think she was trying for a sporty/casual look, so maybe her Sebago boat shoes, or grey Mint Velvet trainers would have looked a lot better.

She changed her shoes into trainers before getting on the boat to watch the races.

Great standard sport watching look. Neutral basic pants and a sports top. Wedges too add a more "formal" look while still keeping it casual for the meetings and then changing to trainers for going in the sea. Great balance in the look for this event.

Why not just wear tennis shoes to begin with? The wedges are not a good look with the outfit anyway.

LaRae

Why not just wear tennis shoes to begin with? The wedges are not a good look with the outfit anyway.

LaRae

That's my thought as well. It would also eliminate the need to adjust one's wardrobe.

LaRae

Pranter - I think she thinks it looks good. Dresses up (adds dignity to) an otherwise casual outfit at a casual event? She's done this over and over at these sporty events. And to be fair, there are people out there that like the look of these tall wedges with the jeggings.

We are just not among them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom