The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Drives me nuts. Why can't they just say the total of new items I guess they think the twenty thousand (didn't include shoes or accessories for the most part as didn't know which were new) wasn't shocking enough if a total

Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Drives me nuts. Why can't they just say the total of new items I guess they think the twenty thousand (didn't include shoes or accessories for the most part as didn't know which were new) wasn't shocking enough if a total
Because that would be neither inflammatory nor inaccurate! The Daily Mail: destroying people one small twist of the truth at a time. Love the photos, loathe the captions and never read the comments!

Old 10-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Majesty

My favourite outfit was the one that Kate wore when deplaning. When she walked down that set of stairs in high heels, carrying Charlotte, and not holding the hand-rail, she looked so poised and beautiful. The blue dress and hat looked like something that Princess Marina The Duchess of Kent would have worn. The Duchess of Cambridge is a truly regal and elegant woman.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes the DM likes to tweak those headlines to generate "discussion."
Old 10-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
My favourite outfit was the one that Kate wore when deplaning. When she walked down that set of stairs in high heels, carrying Charlotte, and not holding the hand-rail, she looked so poised and beautiful. The blue dress and hat looked like something that Princess Marina The Duchess of Kent would have worn. The Duchess of Cambridge is a truly regal and elegant woman.

Yes I agree...can't imagine how she could of done better.

Love the elegance she brings and the somewhat retro style. That green dress was a style from the 40's or 50's. Just lovely on her.

LaRae
Old 10-04-2016, 01:13 AM
Commoner

At George and Charlotte's christenings, Kate wore cream. Kate wore cream at Trooping the Colour in London and when she was holding Charlotte on the balcony. At the children's party she wore cream and again when they left Victoria by seaplane. When they arrived in Canada, Kate wore blue which had something to do with British Columbia's flag colours but this was the only time she didn't wear cream when with her children. Just a thought. For the more formal occasions with the children, Kate wears cream. If/when they have more babies, it's going to be interesting to see if Kate wears cream again at the christening.

We saw George as a baby at William's polo match when George must have been about 1 year old. George was still crawling but was just about to start walking. It was so nice to see how he's grown. I'm really sorry that we didn't get to see Charlotte as a baby. They only released photos when she turned one and that lovely photo of the great grandchildren and Prince Edwards's children when Charlotte was sitting on the Queen's lap.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

In terms of fashion, I think that Kate has sported her best outifits this time, along with the India and Bhutan tour (but then, the clothing as more traditional/ethnic). There wasn't any flashing or monsotrosity and I minus some pieces, I liked a lot her looks this time.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Tags
catherine middleton style, the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats