The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were most kind to answer my question. Do you know what is the significance of the mushroom? I see you are from Sweden. I really enjoy reading all the news about the Swedish royals. Thank you.
I don't know the significance (or if there even is one!).

Haha, how nice :) I like my royals as well!

Leaves, acorns, mushrooms are all features of the English countryside, especially wooded areas. I doubt that there's any deeper significance, unless mushrooms on toast are a special treat for William and Kate!

the company that makes the necklace had chosen charms that are symbolic of English flora. They have four charms, the three we see on Kate and a pinecone which she doesn't have. Not a nod to any personal significance to Kate.

All of her outfits on the tour:

The Royal Canadian Tour 2016 | Royal Roaster

She had a lovely set of outfits, but I found many of them unimpressive.

technically missing one jacket. This one has each look.

I think the only two I didn't really care for was the Alexander McQueen and then the off white dress for the day off. Otherwise, I'm quite fond of her looks on this tour. I'd love to own the blue dress and the green blazer.

All of her outfits on the tour:

The Royal Canadian Tour 2016 | Royal Roaster

She had a lovely set of outfits, but I found many of them unimpressive.

That is Kate pretty much in a nut shell. She usually looks professional and nice but nothing exciting or impressive, save some of her evening looks. Unfortunately her as tempts of going outside the box tend to be misses. Her only real attempt at dufferent this trip IMO was the only big flop, the weird tiered and patterned McQueen dress.

But her hair styles were fantastic. She took some challenges there. Hopefully she continues:flowers:

Yep the only look I didn't care for was that weird tiered dress by McQueen. Hope that one gets sent to the dustbin.

Her hair and shoes (except one day) were spot on. Maybe she's reading our hair discussions here? <G>

LaRae

That is Kate pretty much in a nut shell. She usually looks professional and nice but nothing exciting or impressive, save some of her evening looks. Unfortunately her as tempts of going outside the box tend to be misses. Her only real attempt at dufferent this trip IMO was the only big flop, the weird tiered and patterned McQueen dress.

i think that is exactly what makes kate style so iconic and classic: she knows what works for her, knows her position and what sort of wear she is expected to use and goes for it. that is in a nutshell the definition of style.

i was not either a fan of the mcqueen dress (sad for me to say, as i am a big mcqueen fan and kate has looked amazing in anything she wore by them). but if you ask me, i think her red midi dress was something a bit different for her that we fell head over heels for.

apart from that one, i liked her blue arrival outfit, the repeated hobbs coat in green and her two informal outfits.

the company that makes the necklace had chosen charms that are symbolic of English flora. They have four charms, the three we see on Kate and a pinecone which she doesn't have. Not a nod to any personal significance to Kate.
Sorry, but you have forgotten the Duchess' wedding earrings which featured the Middleton acorn, as displayed on their family coat of arms. HRH has an awareness of Englishness that I find touching and quite refreshing. I think of the line of oaks she walked through on her way to marry her Prince and am convinced that the Duchess does nothing without considering its significance: personal or otherwise.:flowers:

Last edited:
Her only real attempt at dufferent this trip IMO was the only big flop, the weird tiered and patterned McQueen dress.

I didn't like the McQueen dress at first, but I have to admit it is growing on me.
It is really unique, and very feminine and pretty.

Thank you for all the information about Kate's Asprey necklace and the charms. The oak trees at the wedding were mentioned. So (hope you don't mind my question), I'm wondering why Kate didn't wear the Spencer tiara at the wedding. William gave her Diana's engagement ring and he said in the first interview that he wanted Diana to be apart of all the joy so I would think if Kate wore the Spencer tiara at her wedding, Diana would have been remembered.

Also about the diamond maple leaf brooch Kate wears and many people think it was on the wrong side. I don't really know but maybe the reason is she carries Charlotte on her left side most of the time so that could the reason that it's worn on her right side. Just a thought. Thanks again for all the information about the Canadian trip. Can't wait till the next one!

Last edited:
:previous: because the tiara was not williams to lend his bride. The spencer tiara belongs to the earl spencer, his uncle. The tiara is worn either by his wife, or by his daughters by tradition. Diana wore it because at the time her father was the earl. Kate is neither the wife nor the daughter of earl spencer. If William wanted her to wear a tiara associated with his mother, he would have had to get the queen yo lend her the Cambridge lovers knot. Considering their title, it would have been fitting. Far more fitting than Diana's family one. Kate was entering the Windsor family, not becoming a spencer bride.

Sorry, but you have forgotten the Duchess' wedding earrings which featured the Middleton acorn, as displayed on their family coat of arms. HRH has an awareness of Englishness that I find touching and quite refreshing. I think of the line of oaks she walked through on her way to marry her Prince and am convinced that the Duchess does nothing without considering its significance: personal or otherwise.:flowers:

Actually no I am not. :ermm:

Kate did not custom design this piece. She didn't pick the charms. If you look at the company website, those three charms are paired together. All three represent English fauna, the reason the company uses them. The selection of those three symbols speaks to the designers understanding of English nature not Kate.

Nor to her earrings show her keen understanding of Englishness. The scorns are on her family crest. Her earrings were a gift from her parents and a nod to her family.

Money well spent...she looked stunning.

LaRae

I liked her casual/business-like outfit! The whole look, paired with a classy ponytail, was lovely. I wasn't left impressed my Kate's creamy coat.

Yeah I wondered if they were lumping it all together. But even so, it's privately paid for so really no one should be concerned with what was spent.

LaRae

Drives me nuts. Why can't they just say the total of new items :ermm: I guess they think the twenty thousand (didn't include shoes or accessories for the most part as didn't know which were new) wasn't shocking enough if a total :sad:

Drives me nuts. Why can't they just say the total of new items :ermm: I guess they think the twenty thousand (didn't include shoes or accessories for the most part as didn't know which were new) wasn't shocking enough if a total :sad:
Because that would be neither inflammatory nor inaccurate! The Daily Mail: destroying people one small twist of the truth at a time. Love the photos, loathe the captions and never read the comments! :ROFLMAO:

My favourite outfit was the one that Kate wore when deplaning. When she walked down that set of stairs in high heels, carrying Charlotte, and not holding the hand-rail, she looked so poised and beautiful. The blue dress and hat looked like something that Princess Marina The Duchess of Kent would have worn. The Duchess of Cambridge is a truly regal and elegant woman.:flowers:

:previous: Yes the DM likes to tweak those headlines to generate "discussion.":whistling:

My favourite outfit was the one that Kate wore when deplaning. When she walked down that set of stairs in high heels, carrying Charlotte, and not holding the hand-rail, she looked so poised and beautiful. The blue dress and hat looked like something that Princess Marina The Duchess of Kent would have worn. The Duchess of Cambridge is a truly regal and elegant woman.:flowers:

Yes I agree...can't imagine how she could of done better.

Love the elegance she brings and the somewhat retro style. That green dress was a style from the 40's or 50's. Just lovely on her.

LaRae

At George and Charlotte's christenings, Kate wore cream. Kate wore cream at Trooping the Colour in London and when she was holding Charlotte on the balcony. At the children's party she wore cream and again when they left Victoria by seaplane. When they arrived in Canada, Kate wore blue which had something to do with British Columbia's flag colours but this was the only time she didn't wear cream when with her children. Just a thought. For the more formal occasions with the children, Kate wears cream. If/when they have more babies, it's going to be interesting to see if Kate wears cream again at the christening.

We saw George as a baby at William's polo match when George must have been about 1 year old. George was still crawling but was just about to start walking. It was so nice to see how he's grown. I'm really sorry that we didn't get to see Charlotte as a baby. They only released photos when she turned one and that lovely photo of the great grandchildren and Prince Edwards's children when Charlotte was sitting on the Queen's lap.

Last edited:
In terms of fashion, I think that Kate has sported her best outifits this time, along with the India and Bhutan tour (but then, the clothing as more traditional/ethnic). There wasn't any flashing or monsotrosity and I minus some pieces, I liked a lot her looks this time.

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom