The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Kate's boots. Individually the jacket, jumper and trousers are pretty unremarkable but she is blessed with such a lovely figure that she looks good. The day's events weren't suited to a fashion parade, and the practical nature of what she wore was a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Has I have already said she looks good on everything but...blue and black doesn't get along....that shirt with that sweater doesn't get along, also that beje jacket is not good in the all look, those boots are to mucht heavy...I don't like the entire look, she could do better but it's a casual look and Kate is beatiful in everything she wears!

I have yet to see better pics to form an opinion. It seems to me that she wore a nice casual look, which entails nohing to be said.

She paid 4,000 for that?

indeed. i love mcqueen in general and i think his designs are in general worth the money, however in this case it isn't so. it is a pretty dress, but if you told me she got it at topshop i would not bat an eye. there's something about it that makes it look cheap. perhaps it is the skirt - the upper part is okay. if the skirt was simpler, without the layers, i would like it much better. perhaps a more structured skirt would work better to make it appear more like mcqueen and something worth of a future queen to wear.

in the past however i have loved the mcqueens kate has chosen, so this one is a bit of a let down:

lilac dress
navy dress
pink dress
red dress
white dress
sailor dress

Kate mostly wears Blue, White and sometime red and beige. I don't think she's doing any sort of homage. If she doing an homage, it must be to the Union Jack
People read to much into things

The overall look is neat but I dislike the color of the jacket, seems to a shade of yellow/cream to me and the skinny jeans almost look like leggings. Maybe a different shade would've worked better.

agree. Maybe a darker color for the jacket would have worked better

I love this dress. The color is great.

Last edited:
I love the shade of green on Catherine. The dress is a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the dress (though it seems to cling a bit as she walks).
But it is very pretty, and an unusual choice for her.

I don't find anything unusual or different about it for Kate :ermm: but like her blue arrival dress, the color is great on her:flowers:

It's a lovely dress but I actually would've liked the watch. It's different.

This shade of green looks great on Kate.

This green dress is just lovely on her, color and style both. Great look I don't even mind the nude shoe/purse with it.

LaRae

Great color on her and I like the gathers and sleeve interest and gold buttons and even the little bow. It makes for a great bodice for her. The skirt is gorgeous, but she needs more gathers or some kind of less slimming skirt over her rear, it just looks too flat from the side or rear view.

Better pictures of Catherine yesterday

I love this dress! The color is beautiful and lovely on Catherine. The style of the dress is fun yet elegant. I don't care much of the boring pumps, Sandals or a tie pumps would've looked so much nicer IMO.

Full view ** Close up ** Coat

More I see of it less I like. I love the color and over all style. But I don't like the gold buttons or the pulling style around them. The buttons make me feel like an old sailor costume. But I still love the amazing color, and I like the skirt and sleeves. :flowers:

Kate is very formal...she can look always elegant being formal and I think that is less risky...very formal and polite and I think that is what she wants to look like...The dress suits her very well and the colour is wonderful, diferent.:flowers:

I love the green dress on her ! that colour really suits her

I really don't know why Kate decided that a Dolce&Gabbana dress was the right choice to wear while touring Canada. But then again, it was not the first time.

Said this, the dress is very nice and has a retro look. I dislike that coat, but at least it matches the dress and is a recycle.

September 28, 2016 - Catherine in a red Carolina Herrera coat dress.

Lovely color but the buttons are placed in an awkward position. Nice that her is up and she matched the look with IMO granny pumps.

Front view ** Side view ** Back view

I really don't know why Kate decided that a Dolce&Gabbana dress was the right choice to wear while touring Canada. But then again, it was not the first time.

Said this, the dress is very nice and has a retro look. I dislike that coat, but at least it matches the dress and is a recycle.

:rolleyes:

people will nitpick anything.

Love the green dress, especially without the ugly watch. The green coat is great too.

Today's red coat is great. She looks amazing today.

the red coat is really nice. and loving the updos on Kate this trip

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 -

I think this is one of the few times she's worn high heels with a thick heel rather than a stilleto. I imagine they're more comfortable. I like the black colored shoe with the dress, especially over nude.

The red coat dress looks nice, hair is beautiful.

Catherine is slaying during this tour. Love today's look.

Coat dress no surprise but she looks great. The only issue is the slightly awkward positioning of the buttons on her chest area. Like her shoe choice with the look and am loving her updos on this trip :flowers:

I think she has done quite well in the tour. I do wish she would wear some Canadian designers. We haven't seen any recycled outfits, if she is going to dish out money on new clothes for the tour, would be nice to see her supporting designers from the country she is visiting. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom