The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that knowledgeable about fashion and rarely follow it but in the case of Kate's dress at Ascot, my first impression was that it had a modern day twist to the outfit Eliza Doolittle wore to Ascot in My Fair Lady. Not as elaborate and not as tight but it did put that image into my mind.

I do think Kate looked elegant and appropriate for the occasion for her Royal Ascot debut.

That dress, without the red jacket looks far better than its first debut. However, I'm a bit fed up with white and cream.

Kate looked lovely and demure in that lace dress. So much better without that red coat.

I absolutely loved Catherine's look on Garter Day. Very, very elegant, and the shade of red suits her rather well. The outfit that she wore to sign the condolence book was very appropriate and elegant as well. However, I didn't care for Catherine's outfit at the Garden Party. The lace dress and hat combination at Royal Ascot was very fitting for the occasion. Understated, but still timeless. Nicely done, overall.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the Ascot outfit- great to see her wearing something a little different. Yes Osipi, I can see the resemblance to the outfit worn by Eliza in My Fair Lady.
Not so keen on what she wore to the garden party - I really dislike silly hats that perch in this way!

She wore several dresses with color recently....

LaRae

Well she wore white/cream hues for garden parties and ceremonies at thr queen's birthday tribute. Aside from a couple of outifits, I've seen only subdues colors.

Well she wore white/cream hues for garden parties and ceremonies at thr queen's birthday tribute. Aside from a couple of outifits, I've seen only subdues colors.
This last week she had 8 looks. 3 coloured (Blue, blue, red), 1 pastel (blue), 3 light neutrals (creme (with pastel acc.), beige/gold, white) and 1 black and white look. Seems fairly balanced out to me.

This last week she had 8 looks. 3 coloured (Blue, blue, red), 1 pastel (blue), 3 light neutrals (creme (with pastel acc.), beige/gold, white) and 1 black and white look. Seems fairly balanced out to me.

I disagree.:lol: Maybe because I don't like whites and creams. I was bored out of my mind when she wore cream at her first garden party (George's christening's dress) and that yellowish lookin Northern Ireland.

I'm not that knowledgeable about fashion and rarely follow it but in the case of Kate's dress at Ascot, my first impression was that it had a modern day twist to the outfit Eliza Doolittle wore to Ascot in My Fair Lady. Not as elaborate and not as tight but it did put that image into my mind.

I do think Kate looked elegant and appropriate for the occasion for her Royal Ascot debut.

My thought exactly! A modern day Ascot Eliza Dolittle (unfortunate last name given some of Catherine's critics). I love it and she is tall enough to carry a longer length. Loved the dress and the hat. As to CP Mary, I thought she looked alright but nothing special .... a very casual look.

. I was bored out of my mind when she wore cream at her first garden party (George's christening's dress) and that yellowish lookin Northern Ireland.

Oh dear, the Duchess is clearly failing to keep us all amused with her clothing. Such dereliction of duty!

Oh dear, the Duchess is clearly failing to keep us all amused with her clothing. Such dereliction of duty!

I thought that a fashion thread was a light discussion forum, but it seems that some posters take the matter too seriously...

The double quoting is not working on my Kindle so I will just say that I LOVED the Duchess Garter Day and Garden Party outfits- even the cinnamon roll rose!
Side note- The Duke looks HOT in those garter robes- and I do not mean overly warm!

Kate looked great in all outfits during the last week.... also the mix of colour and pattern was great!
Well done!
BYe Bine

The double quoting is not working on my Kindle so I will just say that I LOVED the Duchess Garter Day and Garden Party outfits- even the cinnamon roll rose!

Side note- The Duke looks HOT in those garter robes- and I do not mean overly warm!

Love your observation about William in his Garter robes, and mind you, I wholeheartedly agree.

Is this the first time that Kate has worn a pill box? I love her coat for this evening's event.

Is this the first time that Kate has worn a pill box? I love her coat for this evening's event.

No she's worn a couple. Red one disembarking from a plane with George and a brown one at the Irish Guards Parade. The brown one has been repeated numerous times. That's at least 2 I remember. :flowers:

:previous: Thank you! Now that you mention it I do recall the one worn during the NZ/Australia tour.:)

I hate pill boxes nearly as much as fascinators:sad:

But hat aside, wow definite hit Kate :flowers: Sombre but beautiful detail, and well tailored, perfect for the event. Her hair looks fantastic, happy she did a proper updo for this type of event. I can overlook the hat, she looks great.

No she's worn a couple. Red one disembarking from a plane with George and a brown one at the Irish Guards Parade. The brown one has been repeated numerous times. That's at least 2 I remember. :flowers:

Yes, she seems to be trying for the retro vibe, and the pill box suits that. Her brown pillbox is more versatile, likely why we have seen it far more than the red. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this more in the future. The black will suit many of her outfits.

the red:
Kate Middleton, Carla Bruni, and the Return of the Pillbox Hat - Vogue

brown:
https://contentcrazycatlady.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/kate.jpg
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/478577897881630661/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33495590956852180/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4996249563906772/

She looks smashing ! How regal she is !

A different look for Kate- yes regal and perfectly judged for the occasion.

She looks perfect.

Anyone know who designed the hat?
Looks like something from Lock & Co.

(..)The Missoni coat is a bit long too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom