The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that Kate was dressed inappropriately or dressed down more than any of the other royal ladies.

LaRae

The dress by Victoria Beckham looked lovely on The Duchess of Cambridge.

I think that Kate looked beautiful in this outfit. It is very rare that she gets her style wrong.

The dress by Victoria Beckham looked lovely on The Duchess of Cambridge.

When did she wear a Victoria Beckham dress? Today's dress was Roksanda who did the yellow white dress she wore at the Opera House in Sydney aka the banana dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:
You are right. Given the style, I confused the two designers. Unnecessary inserts of various colours are the Roksanda's signature.

Love the dress- color and color placement. Which dress is the VB one?

None of them are VB dresses...it was just said or wondered why she didn't wear VB dresses.

LaRae

I would think a slim, straight silhouette would look good only on a person so slender. It certainly wouldn't flatter or fit someone like Kim K.

An average figure will look slimmer in the kind of straight, mostly one color silouette like this. Too curvy won't work, but no curves won't work either, since the dress is so plain, just looks like it hangs from the side

As to why she hasn't worn VB yet, my inclination is that the brand is so strongly connected to Victoria and the Beckhams as celebrities and the BRF is hesistant to go that route

The aesthetic of Victoria's clothing would fit her well though.

Well, I think that this is a matter of taste and opinion. And we are all welcome to our own.

I like The DoCa's taste and like how her body looks in the dresses she chooses. It does not make me right - it just means I have an opinion.

I think some of it relates to location. I just never hear people in the US say abut a woman "her shoulders are too athletic to wear that." I think that's because we favor wide athletic shoulders, Likewise, I learned a long time ago that it's American in taste to be horrified at less than complete uplift in undergarments (didn't I say that nicely?) :flowers:

Last edited:
i liked this roksanda dress on kate. roksanda and kate are always a good match - understated, simple and elegant.

As to why she hasn't worn VB yet, my inclination is that the brand is so strongly connected to Victoria and the Beckhams as celebrities and the BRF is hesistant to go that route

The aesthetic of Victoria's clothing would fit her well though.

that's true - i think although victoria's dresses would work nicely on kate (and victoria would jump in the air and actually smile if she sees kate wearing her line!) and it is a british brand, i don't think we will see kate wearing it anytime soon for various reasons:

- it would be wrong to feature designs of someone who is a 'singer turned designer as a hobby' when there are lots of actual fashion design talent in uk, where they have the 'currently ranked number one fashion school in the world' (central st martins)

- the royal family would not want to give a lot of attention to a brand that is already well established because of belonging to the beckhams, and would prefer to give other british brands the chance to get exposure

- it would look somewhat lame for a royal family member to wear the clothes designed by an ex spice girl and current celebrity and jet setter... :ROFLMAO:

I like the dress in general on Catherine, though I'm still making my mind up on whether or not I like the big strip of pink in the middle. I like the "pop of colour" effect it adds to the dress and the shade of pink isn't strange with the blue at all, though something about it just doesn't seem quite right to me, and I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

For today I found the discrepantion between the Queen (full dressed) and the Duchess of Cambridge (semi-casual dressed) remarkable. It was quite notable when the Queen and the Duke, in an open Landrover, followed by the Cambridges and Prince Hary in another open Landrover, were driving down the Mall. The Queen in full ornate. The Duchess dressed as she was ready for shopping in Bond Street.

If you look at the York girls and The Princess Royal you will find similar apparent discrepancies. A combination of the weather and the different generations would be my reading.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think this was a formal event and the Queen never dresses down so she looks as she always does. I don't think any of them were too casual.

Oh doesn't she look sharp? Love this look.

Great color! Great style, very elegant.

LaRae

She looks wonderful!

She seems to love blue, but I really think she looks her best in red.

Looks good. Glad to see this outfit from 2011 make another outing.

She always looks great in red. Love her shoes too; beautiful shade of red.

Catherine seems to be wearing more up-dos these days. This is another lovely one. Very nice fascinator.

Catherine looks great in red. Love everything even the hair. Looks really nice from the back as well.

She looks smashing. For once I like her choice of hat and those shoes are to die for.

Hate the fascinator:ermm: But I hate fascinators in general. Would love to see Kate in a hat like the one Lady Gabriella wore with her red dress to the thanksgiving service.

But fascinator aside she looks great. Red looks stunning on Kate, and the dress is fantastic on her. I love the shoes as well.

Yes, yes, yesss! She looks fantastic in red and we finally get to see her wedding earrings again.

:previous: Agreed except for the hat, well fascinator, part. Much better this time around. Shows how grooming and accessorizing can change the look of an outfit. Her well styled up do and red shoes looks so much sleeker and more sophisticated then the frizzy looking half do, and neutral shoes of 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom