The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love it and I love the hat ... stunning earrings

Hmmm interesting....perhaps she's trying to avoid being accused of bias or favoring a 'friend'? I dunno...are they super expensive?

LaRae

Very. A simple day dress is about $2500 :ohmy:

Kate looked lovely today. Just perfect for this occasion. I particularly loved her hair which was an ideal style to compliment the hat.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the way Kate recycles- a new coat with a previously-worn hat, or a new hat with a previously-worn dress. It's a clever way to look fresh without opening up accusations of extravagance.

I was wondering the same for some time, VB is perfect for size 0 as Kate. Beckhams were invited to the wedding and at that time had been gushing over the BRF non-stop but he was left out for a knighthood when it should have come / made sense.

I wonder if the love is still mutual, Kate could easily promote VB clothes and it would even make sense by promoting british fashion, but she choses not to.

I was wondering the same as well. I think her styles would look great on her. I guess one could say that as well with her sticking to Alexander McQueen that she is close to the designer.

Whilst it is nice, Catherine's dress looks like something Camilla would wear. I love her hat a lot, the colour is pretty and it looks nice with Catherine's hairstyle.

She looks great today:flowers: Perfect example she doesn't need to be 'daring'. There is an in between. She looks fresh and age appropriate while still wearing something classic and right for the event. And she doesn't look like she borrowed from her mother in law, or even grandmother in law's, closet. I look at someone like Lady Gabriella who is chic and sophisticated, but still looks every bit appropriate for the events she attends, and even in bright red yesterday, couldn't be accused of trying to steal the show.

I kind of laugh when people say 'she isn't a fashionista and that is okay'. Her extensive wardrobe seems to say otherwise. I think she very much loves fashion and clothes, she just doesn't have enough personal taste/style yet. So she takes inspiration and unfortunately from the older royals.

I kind of laugh when people say 'she isn't a fashionista and that is okay'. Her extensive wardrobe seems to say otherwise. I think she very much loves fashion and clothes, she just doesn't have enough personal taste/style yet. So she takes inspiration and unfortunately from the older royals.

I totally agree! She wears top brands and many couture pieces, that says a lot but unfortunately even though she has access to all these top designers and custom outfits, she misses the overall look and styling.

Also, you don't need to be a fashionista to look good or dress age appropriate.

Is this the first time Catherine wears a Philip T hat?

She looks great today:flowers: Perfect example she doesn't need to be 'daring'. There is an in between. She looks fresh and age appropriate while still wearing something classic and right for the event. And she doesn't look like she borrowed from her mother in law, or even grandmother in law's, closet. I look at someone like Lady Gabriella who is chic and sophisticated, but still looks every bit appropriate for the events she attends, and even in bright red yesterday, couldn't be accused of trying to steal the show.

She does have personal style. Its just not fashion forward enough for some.

why she never wears anything by Victoria Beckham?

It was widely rumoured a year or so ago, that Mrs Beckham sent a 'job lot' of her clothes to Kensington Palace, and that they were returned [with thanks]... Unworn.

Unsolicited gifts [that may give undue publicity to the sender] are NOT accepted, or acceptable.

That may be the reason...

I totally agree! She wears top brands and many couture pieces, that says a lot but unfortunately even though she has access to all these top designers and custom outfits, she misses the overall look and styling.

Also, you don't need to be a fashionista to look good or dress age appropriate.

Is this the first time Catherine wears a Philip T hat?

No. Though Jane Taylor is her main go to, she has worn Treacy even before the wedding. And was said to have chosen him for the wedding, her mother included worse his.

If you scroll through this, Kate is number 6. It shows 3 of Kate's he has designed, including the maple leaf fascinator from Canada.

Incredible Hats by Philip Treacy list

Her big black hat she has worn a few times is also a Treacy hat.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/461126449324808031/

Others
kate middleton in philip treacy | AsTimesGoBye
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120049146293471420/
http://www.bustle.com/articles/5226...ll-be-amazing-as-told-by-some-of-the-craziest

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that the hat in the pale pink is very flattering. Wonderful hairdo and jewelry. The coat dress is wonderful but is hanging a little on her., a bitt loose.
I love the hat and the very 'Downton Abbey' hairstyle but I think it totally outclassed her coatdress. The hat was bold and chic, especially with her hair and the large pearl earrings. However, the necklace was dwarfed by her earrings and the dress rendered nondescript and the fitting too loose to balance out her 'look'.

See, this was a favorite look for me. The coat dress is very well tailored and its neutral color and clean lines allowed the accessories to really shine.

That hat is incredible- romantic and theatrical- and I love the earrings.

I think she nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I like it. At first I thought it was the Stella McCartney blue dress. I think Kate is indeed experimenting with new styles and colors. Years ago, such a bold combo would be impossibile to find in Kate's closet.

:previous: Yes, Victoria Beckham seems expensive, but certainly not out of range of many pieces Kate wears. She doesn't always wear top shop and more affordable brands.

This new blue dress have mixed feelings. I like she tried to go out of her usual style, but I don't think it was a success. The middle part is strange. In some pictures it looks flesh tone and gives the impression she is wearing a skirt and midriff bearing shirt. Up close you can see its a darker color, but the wide band just seems off IMO. Remove it, and it is a basic blue dress like many of her others.

Cute dress. The light blue, coral/pink and white are perfect summer colors. I like how the blocks of color were structured. The pink accentuates the waist, the white her slim figure. Very nice.

No. Though Jane Taylor is her main go to, she has worn Treacy even before the wedding. And was said to have chosen him for the wedding, her mother included worse his.

If you scroll through this, Kate is number 6. It shows 3 of Kate's he has designed, including the maple leaf fascinator from Canada.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/120049146293471420/

I think the maple leaf hat was from Lock & Co.

The style I like...not a fan of the orange waist...it's hitting her in the wrong spot I think.

LaRae

As I got a better look, I don't like the dress anymore. It looks rather sporty and the white vertical stripe on one side is ugly...

Somehow, all these high heels seem not right for the venue to me, not just the DOC but the other royals, except possibly Princess Anne, she looks just right for once!

This dress has pretty colors, but the slim, straight cut isnt flattering to someone so slender. The side views she is just pretty flat slihouette.
Cute hairdo and pendant

This dress has pretty colors, but the slim, straight cut isnt flattering to someone so slender. The side views she is just pretty flat slihouette.
Cute hairdo and pendant

I think it's very flattering on her because she's so slender. Kate always looks good in a pencil skirt or dress imo; she pulls it off so beautifully.

I would think a slim, straight silhouette would look good only on a person so slender. It certainly wouldn't flatter or fit someone like Kim K.

For today I found the discrepantion between the Queen (full dressed) and the Duchess of Cambridge (semi-casual dressed) remarkable. It was quite notable when the Queen and the Duke, in an open Landrover, followed by the Cambridges and Prince Hary in another open Landrover, were driving down the Mall. The Queen in full ornate. The Duchess dressed as she was ready for shopping in Bond Street.

Last edited:
The dress is very pretty and great color combinations. It's a nice choice for Catherine. The hair could've been done better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom