The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit that if I were at the GP and able to see that suit from the christening, they would have to peel me away from her. I'd be all over it, checking out the details. :lol: DM Headline : Crazy American removed from Garden Party for staring at Duchess' seaming.

HA..I can relate...let me get a good look at the jewels....really I don't want them I just wanna inspect them.

I suppose it would be uncouth to, upon meeting Kate, ask to see the ring.

LaRae

Great to see Catherine recycle that outfit, its lovely minus the ruffle down the front which I don't like. Its a nice color for the event and nice to see her hair up.

I think the color's nice. However, I don't care for outfits that have ruffles on them like that. For some reason they remind me of barnacles on a ship.

Tha suit is very nice, but I prefer it worn this first time round: I think it did flatter Kate's fuller body better, and that ruffle around the waist appears to much. Maybe it was custom-made and now, with fewer pounds it doesn't look fit anymore. I don't know.

The outfit reminds me the outfit worn by Carol Middleton at William and Kate ´s wedding.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

I like it. It's slightly different from what she usually wears but white heels would have been an improvement.

The outfit reminds me the outfit worn by Carol Middleton at William and Kate ´s wedding.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

you are right... but it suits her welll
BYe Bine

I liked it perfect for the event everyone looked good except for a couple of disasters

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The elaboration on her dress, demanded a simple unfussy Hat imo...

Beautiful blue dress. The white details are lovely. It reminded me of wedgewood.

The white details are lovely but the whole outfit is a bit dull IMO.

I like the color, and her hair looks great :flowers: The coat is also a nice style.

But I am not a fan of the white detailing. I agree it reminds me of Wedgewood but that isn't a good thing to me. Belongs on dishes, not on a dress. And the heels don't work, she should have worn white, especially since she has a white hat. Don't need to match the dress, but at least the accessories.

I love the coat, but not the hat.

However, it is better than most of the hats worn by other royal ladies!

I really like the whole look today. I have always liked Catherine Walker's style and think this was a very elegant coat dress for today's service. I especially liked the Jane Taylor hat from Charlotte's christening.... I think the tails of the hat are mimicked in the lace detailing on the coat (or vise versa)

I may be in the minority, but I found it a bit fussy and aging.

It was completely appropriate to the occasion, but not my favorite by a long shot.

Love the outfit. It's very appropriate for the occasion.

Sorry to say, but I think Catherine borrowed something out of Camilla's or Princess Anne's wardrobe. It's so not her style, very boring and very aging. The nude suede pumps looked too heavy and too boring with the outfit.

The hat was pretty and so was her hair-do, very nice, simple style.

The outfit Catherine wore for the Thanksgiving Service reminds me of this outfit that HM has worn before. I like it though, the pastel blue colour is pretty and the lace makes for a delicate look. I think the white hat is a bit much with the lace, a different colour hat or small fascinator would've been better. Or no hat at all if it weren't for the event she wore it to, since most other women seem to be wearing some kind of head gear.

:previous: Seeing that pic, I have to agree with Dazzling even more than before. I thought the dress was aging, but it really does look like it could have come from the queen's closet or at least Camilla's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom