The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm pretty much wasting my time here but is there any chance that everyone accepts that Catherine likes having her hair down, especially for day events. I think she has started doing up do's more but it is so boring reading all the complaints about her hair being down blah blah blah :ermm:

Moving along.....

I loved today's look, a fun but smart look :flowers:

People accept it but think it would look better on occasion if she did something different. It's a fashion thread, people make comments on what they think looks good, bad or what would be an improvement (in their eyes)...

Its a fashion thread, no one is going to agree on everything. As long as we are all respectful of each other, I don't see how anyone has the right to tell others to stop commenting on something.

Kate likes what she wears, like she likes wearing her hair down. If we shouldn't comment on her hair because she 'likes it' and that is good enough, well then we may as well close the thread. Because by that argument we shouldn't comment on her clothes, jewels or anything else.

Last edited:
A lovely outfit. Very Mary indeed, so I guess that's why I like it so much. Though I would have preferred it an inch or so higher up the waist.

A lovely outfit. Very Mary indeed, so I guess that's why I like it so much. Though I would have preferred it an inch or so higher up the waist.

Interesting - one of the things I liked was that it rode lower on her waist than she usually does ... i think with her long torso she tends to wear too high. to each their own :flowers:

and yes I too think it was very Mary

:previous: I agree, with her longer torso, the lower riding skirt looks better :flowers:

What a lovely look. I think this is very fashion forward, comparing to her normal daytime style. A very pleasant surprise.
a very lovely look love the colors on the skirt

her hair tied back would have been better
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/13/343C8CAC00000578-3592450-image-a-193_1463400370297.jpg
This is a very professional look and definitely outside the square for her usual choices. It was flattering and elegant but even though her hair looked great when she exited the car, I can understand the "hair problem".

It's not bad, awful or that I dislike or hate Catherine personally. However, once the breeze gets to her hair and she starts moving around (as one does with boxers gloves), it's a shambles. Princess Madeleine of Sweden is another younger royal whose preference is for leaving her hair down, but she can wear it down and off her face. Even wearing a tiara it is not budging and her jewellery isn't tangled in it.

It is all in how the hair is styled and, I suspect, more than a little hairspray and product. Now if her hairdresser would talk to Catherine's, I suspect we would all be happier. Catherine's hair would stay the way she styled it and it wouldn't end up all over her face or tangled in her jewellery. Most of us would probably be quite happy because she would look just as professional when she finishes an engagement as when she started.

Most of this engagement appears to be inside. It's windy at Portsmouth. You don't try to sail at non windy locations.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Most of this engagement appears to be inside. It's windy at Portsmouth. You don't try to sail at non windy locations.

Yes if you know that it will be windy, why not pull your hair together?

Because it's not a outdoor engagement. She is touring the building and doing a official opening of the tech deck of BAR HQ. That's all inside. The initial greeting was just outside which is usually what happens.

Well, I'm not particularly fond of that suit ensemble, but I like the skirt very much. Hopefully, next time she will have a similar engagement Kate will recycle that navy miltiary coat seen back in 2011.

Because it's not a outdoor engagement. She is touring the building and doing a official opening of the tech deck of BAR HQ. That's all inside. The initial greeting was just outside which is usually what happens.

Exactly. It was a "Hi, wave, shake hand" and then they went in for the rest of the engagement.

If you are going to be in a windy place, it's not like pulling your hair back is going to be much better. Because then you'll have fly-aways, and the prudes on this board will be all like, "OMG, her hair moved."

I love the skirt but not the top.

I found that outfit too costume-y back then, and I still do. Would prefer that skirt wiht a well tailored, but still loose sweater

It's not my favorite of her outfits, but it does have nautical vibe IMO. Glad to see she's wearing an older ensemble.

'Nautical vibe' equals costume to me :ermm: Sorry but far from my favorite look on her. Perhaps this one has been recycled enough and can be retired.

She looks very good...casual elegant. Love the earrings!

LaRae

Her skin looks amazing in the natural light.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the casual look. :flowers: Much better than the first:)

Now if she could take a page from Max and understand she doesn't need to wear a theme like Miss Frizzle, we'd be getting some where. Nautical events don't require nautical/sailor clothes.:ermm:

I too prefer Catherine's casual outfit to her nautical outfit, but I like both. I prefer the nautical outfit this time round than the other times she's worn it for some reason. Last time I didn't like the buttons on her skirt, but they don't bother me this time, as an example.

I found that outfit too costume-y back then, and I still do. Would prefer that skirt wiht a well tailored, but still loose sweater
I have to agree, it is too costumey, both then and now and her horizontal hair is nothing to be proud of. Even if she was outside for a short time, the wind still had time to do its worst and make her look less than "finished".

While I am not generally a fan of skin tight anything and jeans, in particular, Catherine is dressed as who she is, nothing costumey about her.

Interesting that she chose an updo though.

I have to agree, it is too costumey, both then and now and her horizontal hair is nothing to be proud of. Even if she was outside for a short time, the wind still had time to do its worst and make her look less than "finished".

While I am not generally a fan of skin tight anything and jeans, in particular, Catherine is dressed as who she is, nothing costumey about her.

Interesting that she chose an updo though.
This kind of "updo"/bun or scrunchies or clips or ponytails is what she seems to go with on her private time. That is why I think she's so keen on having her hair loose. Because hair up for her mostly mean "i'm shopping/taking care of the kids/walking he dog/cooking etc". It's her "practical" look and the loose hair is her more formal/official look.

The nautically-themed suit has never been my favorite. The top reminds me of the tunics worn by warriors during the time of Ivan the Terrible. Her casual look is great.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The color is great but somehow it looks unflattering zipped all the way up. I think she should've left it unzipped or even a tiny bit. Somehow this always reminded me of a spacesuit zipped up. The nude pumps are a spot on match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom