The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like this outfit, especially the skirt. The green jacket is a nice touch. I also love she is wearing a Scottish designer.:flowers:

The color and style of the coat is stunning...she looks great!

LaRae

Love the whole outfit.

Her green shoes are especially lovely.

Love the kilt! It is perfect for the occasion.

Catherine's look for the engagement in Scotland was absolutely lovely. The outfit was appropriate, but also simple enough to help her blend in.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like this coat. The cut, the zip,everything is very "meh" IMO.Plus, green is a very weird color to wear.

I really don't like this coat. The cut, the zip,everything is very "meh" IMO.Plus, green is a very weird color to wear.

Why is green a very weird color to wear if it is becoming to the wearer? Do Italian women not wear green?

Why is green a very weird color to wear if it is becoming to the wearer? Do Italian women not wear green?

What an impolite reply:ohmy:. English is not my first language so I porbably didn't express well what I meant. I wanted to say that green is a very difficult color and doens't often look well on anybody.

What an impolite reply:ohmy:. English is not my first language so I porbably didn't express well what I meant. I wanted to say that green is a very difficult color and doens't often look well on anybody.

It was not intended to be impolite. It was a response to your comment that green is a weird color to wear. Catherine (and I!) look nice in green. Your English is excellent- I always assumed that you were a native English speaker living in Italy.

It was not intended to be impolite. It was a response to your comment that green is a weird color to wear. Catherine (and I!) look nice in green. Your English is excellent- I always assumed that you were a native English speaker living in Italy.

I just don't particularly like the color combined with the style of this coat. With other green shades and styles Kate has looked very loovely.

P.S. Thanks, but I don't think my english is good at all. And no, I'm italian at 100%:flowers:

This was never a favourite of mine I must say. Seeing it again makes me think how better it would look as a two-piece suit with the zip only on the jacket part. Nonetheless, it is sleek and smart and fits quite nicely.

I just don't particularly like the color combined with the style of this coat. With other green shades and styles Kate has looked very loovely.

P.S. Thanks, but I don't think my english is good at all. And no, I'm italian at 100%:flowers:
Marty91charmed-Your English is very, very good. I also assumed that you were a native English speaker living abroad.:)

Forget Kate!!! Her spouse is wearing something other than a blue suit today!!!!!!

Its a nice outfit but its boring. I mean why wear a coat all closed up, she should've worn at least a dress or skirt and show the bottom off a bit. I am not fan of such looks on such coats.

Visit to London's St Thomas hospital to meet mental health campaigner

Kate recycled a distinctive bright green Erdem coat previously worn on the royal tour of New Zealand in April 2014 and at the opening of the Yokrshire leg of the Tour de France

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/10/12/3210540000000578-3485562-image-m-12_1457614464804.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/10/12/321057D800000578-3485562-image-a-9_1457614409831.jpg

She looks very lovely.

Discussion with Streatham school children in Kensington Palace
The Dutchess removed her coat to reveal a black swallow print dress from the Jonathan Saunders/Edition for Debenhams range from 2012.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/10/15/32110E2100000578-3485562-image-a-57_1457624340257.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/10/15/32110E3100000578-3485562-image-a-65_1457625220353.jpg

I love the style but not the print.

I like the color of the coat but not the style.....and I like the dress both color and print.

William looks very nice in a more casual look!

LaRae

I'll reiterate that I dislike the coat but I like the frock.

When you look at how smoothly the coat fits, it's hard to believe she has a dress on under there! (and yet she does)

Love the color of the coat, but not the coat itself. The dress I like, both style and pattern. Perhaps the pattern because it looks like the pattern of one of my favorite scarves.:)

What are those weird black cuffs showing at the bottom of the green coat sleeves? They're not from the sleeves of the dress which are three quarter length and have a pattern on them.

Last edited:
Hallelujah William is sporting a new look - perhaps he will have his own fashion thread one day. Now if Kate would wear formal trousers on an engagement....
I think her coat is crying out for an accessory of a brooch or scarf. It could be a very good look with a little more attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom