The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 03-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,477
Visit to London's St Thomas hospital to meet mental health campaigner

Kate recycled a distinctive bright green Erdem coat previously worn on the royal tour of New Zealand in April 2014 and at the opening of the Yokrshire leg of the Tour de France

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7614464804.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7614409831.jpg
__________________

  #162  
Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
I really don't like this coat. The cut, the zip,everything is very "meh" IMO.Plus, green is a very weird color to wear.
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #163  
Old 03-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I really don't like this coat. The cut, the zip,everything is very "meh" IMO.Plus, green is a very weird color to wear.
Why is green a very weird color to wear if it is becoming to the wearer? Do Italian women not wear green?
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #164  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Why is green a very weird color to wear if it is becoming to the wearer? Do Italian women not wear green?
What an impolite reply. English is not my first language so I porbably didn't express well what I meant. I wanted to say that green is a very difficult color and doens't often look well on anybody.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #165  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What an impolite reply. English is not my first language so I porbably didn't express well what I meant. I wanted to say that green is a very difficult color and doens't often look well on anybody.
It was not intended to be impolite. It was a response to your comment that green is a weird color to wear. Catherine (and I!) look nice in green. Your English is excellent- I always assumed that you were a native English speaker living in Italy.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #166  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
It was not intended to be impolite. It was a response to your comment that green is a weird color to wear. Catherine (and I!) look nice in green. Your English is excellent- I always assumed that you were a native English speaker living in Italy.
I just don't particularly like the color combined with the style of this coat. With other green shades and styles Kate has looked very loovely.

P.S. Thanks, but I don't think my english is good at all. And no, I'm italian at 100%
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #167  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,725
This was never a favourite of mine I must say. Seeing it again makes me think how better it would look as a two-piece suit with the zip only on the jacket part. Nonetheless, it is sleek and smart and fits quite nicely.
__________________
JACK
  #168  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I just don't particularly like the color combined with the style of this coat. With other green shades and styles Kate has looked very loovely.

P.S. Thanks, but I don't think my english is good at all. And no, I'm italian at 100%
Marty91charmed-Your English is very, very good. I also assumed that you were a native English speaker living abroad.
  #169  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,305
Forget Kate!!! Her spouse is wearing something other than a blue suit today!!!!!!
  #170  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:41 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,965
Its a nice outfit but its boring. I mean why wear a coat all closed up, she should've worn at least a dress or skirt and show the bottom off a bit. I am not fan of such looks on such coats.
__________________
  #171  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Forget Kate!!! Her spouse is wearing something other than a blue suit today!!!!!!
You noticed that did you? I noticed it before I even looked at Catherine. He looks VERY nice, IMO.
  #172  
Old 03-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,477
Discussion with Streatham school children in Kensington Palace
The Dutchess removed her coat to reveal a black swallow print dress from the Jonathan Saunders/Edition for Debenhams range from 2012.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7624340257.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7625220353.jpg
  #173  
Old 03-10-2016, 03:00 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Visit to London's St Thomas hospital to meet mental health campaigner

Kate recycled a distinctive bright green Erdem coat previously worn on the royal tour of New Zealand in April 2014 and at the opening of the Yokrshire leg of the Tour de France

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7614464804.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7614409831.jpg
She looks very lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Discussion with Streatham school children in Kensington Palace
The Dutchess removed her coat to reveal a black swallow print dress from the Jonathan Saunders/Edition for Debenhams range from 2012.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7624340257.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7625220353.jpg
I love the style but not the print.
  #174  
Old 03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,329
I like the color of the coat but not the style.....and I like the dress both color and print.

William looks very nice in a more casual look!


LaRae
  #175  
Old 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
I'll reiterate that I dislike the coat but I like the frock.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #176  
Old 03-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,728
When you look at how smoothly the coat fits, it's hard to believe she has a dress on under there! (and yet she does)
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #177  
Old 03-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,202
Love the color of the coat, but not the coat itself. The dress I like, both style and pattern. Perhaps the pattern because it looks like the pattern of one of my favorite scarves.
  #178  
Old 03-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,423
What are those weird black cuffs showing at the bottom of the green coat sleeves? They're not from the sleeves of the dress which are three quarter length and have a pattern on them.
  #179  
Old 03-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,329
Maybe a liner?
  #180  
Old 03-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,381
Hallelujah William is sporting a new look - perhaps he will have his own fashion thread one day. Now if Kate would wear formal trousers on an engagement....
I think her coat is crying out for an accessory of a brooch or scarf. It could be a very good look with a little more attention to detail.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses family fashion poll french general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofias hats princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises