The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Both outfits are ok, I would not have paired the skirt with a white blouse, and its a bit short but both pieces are nice.

The Red coat and hat look very classic, at First I thought 'flight attendant' but I think it works for the event.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I work in an office for a large company. We have a dress code. I'm well aware of what appropriate work attire looks like.

But you aren't the Duchess of Cambridge. Don't you know she must be perfectly perfect in every way?

Okay, having finally seen a picture (don't ask) from today, I wasn't sure what to think w/a Red w/Chocolate Brown combo, but I really like it and here's why...

To me, that coat is not a bright Red, but Burgundy. Now ITA, bright Red w/Chocolate Brown would clash and not look good at all. W/Burgundy's darker shade though, it does and can work really beautifully and I think it does on Kate too. I know some hate this hat w/a passion, but I'm not one of them and much prefer it to the beanie hats she usually sports that look like they're about to slide off at any second. This thing's an actual hat!! I just wish there were more honest hats rather than the itty bitties, but...*shrugs*

All in all, I thought Kate looked really great today. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 02-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
But you aren't the Duchess of Cambridge. Don't you know she must be perfectly perfect in every way?

Indeed. Last week, didn't the Daily Mail all but demand Catherine get thrown out of the UK because they found her eyebrows too bushy.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

lol yes they did.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Indeed. Last week, didn't the Daily Mail all but demand Catherine get thrown out of the UK because they found her eyebrows too bushy.
Oh, so that's what they mean by Brexit! It's her Brows. Glad that's settled.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

The entire outfit is horrible. Ill-fitting, and it doesn't do a thing for her.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Tom and Lorenzo agree...

Cathy Cambridge, Dull Duchess | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

How about this is her style and she is comfortable in it. She is no fashionista she is getting on with her job and dressed appropriately not taking attention from the event she is attending.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Majesty

I like the coat but would like to see her wear hose, if only to give her legs some warmth and colour. The hat doesn't work IMO.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
How about this is her style and she is comfortable in it. She is no fashionista she is getting on with her job and dressed appropriately not taking attention from the event she is attending.

But that's a common sense approach to someone and their Fashion and we can't have that happen.

ITA w/you and I will happily take Kate looking like a Lady than of the so called Fashionistas w/clothes that are either too young for them, too skin revealing or looking like they should be on a street corner somewhere any day and twice on Sunday!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I have used the word "dull" about her many times but what makes that red coat appear dull is the choice of the that rubbish hat .. into the bin it goes IMO nothing wrong with the hair out of face at all I think she is dull but then that's just me... she also needs to get back to work regularly IMO otherwise that sort of article will appear but I am off topic ... the hat is the problem here IMO
Old 02-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

The hats a shocker and outdated makeup doesn't help. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like Catherine's red coat apart from the sleeves and the collar. I think it's a nice fit on her and red also suits her well IMO. I find her hat to be a little frumpy and odd with the coat, however.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
The hats a shocker and outdated makeup doesn't help. IMO

What’s outdated makeup? I see you and others get in impassioned debates over makeup. She’s wearing too little! She’s wearing too much! She’s wearing it just right! I don’t really notice anything about her makeup, good or bad.

But I’m not sure I’m the right audience to understand these makeup nuances and their social implications. The extent of my makeup collection is chap stick during the winter. So to me it all seems very inconsequential, especially when enforcing individual beauty standards on other people.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

Quote:
What’s outdated makeup? I see you and others get in impassioned debates over makeup. She’s wearing too little! She’s wearing too much! She’s wearing it just right! I don’t really notice anything about her makeup, good or bad.

But I’m not sure I’m the right audience to understand these makeup nuances and their social implications. The extent of my makeup collection is chap stick during the winter. So to me it all seems very inconsequential, especially when enforcing individual beauty standards on other people.

Oh come on nobody is enforcing individual beauty standards !! Talk about over reaction. I think she would look better if she didn't do the black eyeliner etc which is really a night look not day. I'm not the only one to say that and it's MO. Truly !!!
And this is a fashion thread make up is fashion too !

Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh come on nobody is enforcing individual beauty standards !! Talk about over reaction. I think she would look better if she didn't do the black eyeliner etc which is really a night look not day. I'm not the only one to say that and it's MO. Truly !!!
And this is a fashion thread make up is fashion too !

1. That's exactly what it is. But I suppose you can argue that Catherine is famous therefore she can't been seen as an individual.

2. If not wearing eyeliner during the day is MO(according to you), then how can Catherine be outdated?. It sounds like she's being rebellious and self-confident in her makeup choices going by your definition. That doesn't sound old-fashioned to my ears.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
1. That's exactly what it is. But I suppose you can argue that Catherine is famous therefore she can't been seen as an individual.

2. If not wearing eyeliner during the day is MO(according to you), then how can Catherine be outdated?. It sounds like she's being rebellious and self-confident in her makeup choices going by your definition. That doesn't sound old-fashioned to my ears.

Oh really! I'm not going to spend my day going back and forth I frankly haven't got the time. I think her make up is outdated I have nothing else to say to someone who says she has no idea about make up. I still think her hats a shocker too.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh really! I'm not going to spend my day going back and forth I frankly haven't got the time. I think her make up is outdated I have nothing else to say to someone who says she has no idea about make up. I still think her hats a shocker too.

Fair enough. You just had such a strong stance on what's acceptable for makeup, that I wanted you to explain that stance. If you don't have time to think about makeup, then I guess you agree with me that's it's all rather inconsequential.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Fair enough. You just had such a strong stance on what's acceptable for makeup, that I wanted you to explain that stance. If you don't have time to think about makeup, then I guess you agree with me that's it's all rather inconsequential.

My last post on this .strong stance !! I said it was outdated nothing about a stance and no I don't agree with you

Old 02-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
My last post on this .strong stance !! I said it was outdated nothing about a stance and no I don't agree with you

Anytime the term MO gets used when there is no such thing, that's shows a strong stance. I'm glad you found the time to quote me. I know you claimed to be busy.

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats