The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #601  
Old 04-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,057
Now for tomorrow...the final day and the Taj Mahal. Going to be a big day.


LaRae
__________________

  #602  
Old 04-15-2016, 03:36 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,086
Quote:
Green lace dress, I love the colour, hair is great but Kate needs a better bra!!
i agree, somewhat of a wardrobe malfunction with that dress and the bra - i don't know what was wrong with it, but her upper part looked strange, as if the bra provided no support or the dress was constraining her on the breast area.
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #603  
Old 04-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Better pictures

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image



I dont mind her outfit but it looks a bit too warm for the waistcoat IMO and the high boots, but could be wrong at a high altitude it might be a bit colder.
Pic.........
  #604  
Old 04-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,457
If there is any day for a ponytail Kate it is when you are taking a 5 hour hike. I cant imagine having her hair in her face was pleasant for the hike.

And her ring and his watch I think could have been left behind. I know she loves her engagement ring, but certain physical activities it should be left behind. There is something about them that looks more like a photo op then an actual hike, even though they did.

Rebecca English had pack horses with her (not the horses Kate and Will had which were for riding if needed). Wondering if those pack horses had some gear for the royal couple, and not just the media, for the photo op moments.


I like her look over all. Will had a coat with him, so it may have been cooler at times. Like the scarf.
  #605  
Old 04-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,698
I would prefer a ponytail too, but loosen hair is so Kate! The sporty look was just a sporty look.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #606  
Old 04-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,057
I am not sure how taking a hike would require the removal of wedding rings and watches.


LaRae
  #607  
Old 04-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,457
I just find it ridiculous when they are on a 5 hour strenuous hike, they are wearing expensive jewels. Easy enough to lose that stone if she slipped or him to scratch the watch. Like wearing her blown out curls instead of a practical hair do for the hike, I get the feeling she was more focussed on looking good for the hike then practicality. That is just my opinion.
  #608  
Old 04-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,305
I think Kate looked appropriate and lovely. Obviously it was cool as she added a scarf and I don't think she would have done so for a "photo op". As to the jewelry .... it would not occur to me take off my engagement ring etc., for going on a hike. Everyone to their own taste but I think it is a bit of a nit pick ..... IMO.
  #609  
Old 04-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,457
It's a fashion thread. I could argue complaints about how she parts her hair is nit pick. But that's just me. Its not my place to comment on people 'nit picky'. Some people are bothered she is wearing riding boots not hiking, I am bothered she wears an expensive ring to climb a mountain.

I find the jewelry, adding the scarf for pictures, and the hair a tad 'photo op'. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
  #610  
Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Now for tomorrow...the final day and the Taj Mahal. Going to be a big day.


LaRae
I'm literally on the edge of my seat wondering if she will wear red and purple? Half of me hopes not and half of me hope yes!
I think Kate will be fine, but I just hope Wills makes it through in a positive way. That is heavy baggage. Fingers crossed for a great day.
  #611  
Old 04-15-2016, 07:20 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,670
There are a lot of outfits for me to catch up on! I liked most of the outfits Catherine wore in India and Bhutan (so far), there have only been a couple I disliked.
I liked the outfit Catherine wore whilst hiking today, but I think it looks a little too thick for the Bhutanese weather, as like others here have pointed out, it looked warm there today.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #612  
Old 04-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I just find it ridiculous when they are on a 5 hour strenuous hike, they are wearing expensive jewels. Easy enough to lose that stone if she slipped or him to scratch the watch. Like wearing her blown out curls instead of a practical hair do for the hike, I get the feeling she was more focussed on looking good for the hike then practicality. That is just my opinion.

They are basically being watched and photographed 24/7 there...of course she's going to take care with her appearance and be concerned about looking good...heck there's a whole freaking forum here that talks about her appearance.

Some people with long hair don't mind it being around their neck etc...apparently she wanted to wear it down. I'm thinking it was cool at the start of the trip since later we see her with her vest removed.

Watches can be repaired if they get scratches....not likely that stone is going to be lost, I'm fairly certain the prongs are checked frequently. Even so it's not like they couldn't replace the stone if they had to...pretty sure they can afford that.





LaRae
  #613  
Old 04-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I'm literally on the edge of my seat wondering if she will wear red and purple? Half of me hopes not and half of me hope yes!
I think Kate will be fine, but I just hope Wills makes it through in a positive way. That is heavy baggage. Fingers crossed for a great day.

I am going to guess they will do what they can to avoid that...I'm not even sure they will pose in front of it considering all the carrying on that went on over Diana being there alone.


LaRae
  #614  
Old 04-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I think Kate looked appropriate and lovely. Obviously it was cool as she added a scarf and I don't think she would have done so for a "photo op". As to the jewelry .... it would not occur to me take off my engagement ring etc., for going on a hike. Everyone to their own taste but I think it is a bit of a nit pick ..... IMO.
I'm in agreement with you Princess of Durham, I know that just performing daily tasks around the house, at work or simply living can damage my engagement ring so going on a hike while wearing it isn't a concern for me.
  #615  
Old 04-15-2016, 09:03 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I just find it ridiculous when they are on a 5 hour strenuous hike, they are wearing expensive jewels. Easy enough to lose that stone if she slipped or him to scratch the watch. Like wearing her blown out curls instead of a practical hair do for the hike, I get the feeling she was more focussed on looking good for the hike then practicality. That is just my opinion.

Most women wear their engagement and wedding rings almost all of the time. I only take mine off to shower.

I think she's the same. She's never been pictures without her engagement ring since her engagement. It's not an expensive fashion ring to her- it's a personal one.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #616  
Old 04-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
The hike was less than 2 hours each way and from the pictures it looks like some of the path was paved.

As far as the daytime outfits.
April 10 Alexander McQueen red paisley skirt & top
April 10 Anita Dongre pink & aqua Gulrukh tunic dress
April 11 Emilia Wickstead wool crepe midi dress
April 12 Glamorous red print with navy border maxi dress
April 12 Temperley sea green paneled dress
April 13 Topshop embroidered pink & black with flowers midi dress
April 14 Tory Burch “Chrissy” blue multi color print jersey dress
April 14 Emilia Wickstead yellow coatdress
April 14 Paul & Joe embroidered wool white cape with purple and teal wrap skirt

April 13 Zara trousers with white & brown polka dots shirt
April 15 Zara trousers with white shirt & leather vest

IMO some these outfits will probably never see another 'public' outing.

Rating in order of possible reuse
#1 Temperley sea green paneled dress worn on April 12
#2 Emilia Wickstead wool crepe midi dress worn on April 11
#3 Alexander McQueen red paisley skirt & top worn on April 10

This dress will probably not be reworn in public.
Topshop embroidered pink & black with flowers midi dress worn on April 13

These two, IMO, will never see the light of day unless she attends an Elephant Family or some Asian inspired outdoor event.
Anita Dongre pink & aqua Gulrukh tunic dress worn on April 10
Glamorous red print with navy border maxi dress worn on April 12

These two were previously worn so reuse will probably happen.
Tory Burch “Chrissy” blue multi color print jersey dress worn on April 14
Emilia Wickstead yellow coatdress worn on April 14

Paul & Joe embroidered wool white cape with purple and teal wrap skirt worn on April 14.
The cape will probably have a very rare outing in the future

As for the wrap, I think she should make a dress out of it. It look like it is just material and would make a really nice dress. It is a nice shade of purple and the design is muted.

My favorite was the purple wrap skirt. The best dress was the Anita Dongre pink & aqua Gulrukh tunic dress.
  #617  
Old 04-15-2016, 09:54 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Most women wear their engagement and wedding rings almost all of the time. I only take mine off to shower.

I think she's the same. She's never been pictures without her engagement ring since her engagement. It's not an expensive fashion ring to her- it's a personal one.
I have never understood why lots of women wear a diamond ring to go about all their day to day activities. Surely most take them off to do housework and gardening and when they go to the beach. But Diana's engagement ring is not an ordinary engagement ring. It is now worth about 300,000 ($US460,000). That is a seriously valuable trinket, and not one I would risk wearing if were out bushwalking. But this "hike" seems to have been fairly tame from what we've seen, tiring largely because of the altitude and steepness of parts of the track. They seem to have been walking without needing hiking poles, and don't seem to have needed to clamber over rocks, so maybe Big Blue wasn't in any danger.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #618  
Old 04-15-2016, 09:59 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They are basically being watched and photographed 24/7 there...of course she's going to take care with her appearance and be concerned about looking good...heck there's a whole freaking forum here that talks about her appearance.

Some people with long hair don't mind it being around their neck etc...apparently she wanted to wear it down. I'm thinking it was cool at the start of the trip since later we see her with her vest removed.

Watches can be repaired if they get scratches....not likely that stone is going to be lost, I'm fairly certain the prongs are checked frequently. Even so it's not like they couldn't replace the stone if they had to...pretty sure they can afford that.








LaRae
Again I am simply stating MY OPINION. I am not attacking Kate. No need to get so defensive. I think being able to know how to 'dress down' appropriately is as important as knowing how to dress up. Nor do I think 'who cares if they damage jewelry, they have the money to repair it' is a good way to think of things. I have a million dollars, I guess I can use a thousand dollar bill to light a cigarette, I have more right???

People are entitled to their own opinions. Stop taking it as some personal attack on Kate.

Quote:
Most women wear their engagement and wedding rings almost all of the time. I only take mine off to shower.

I think she's the same. She's never been pictures without her engagement ring since her engagement. It's not an expensive fashion ring to her- it's a personal one.
Perhaps that is better stated as ...most women you know.

Many women take off their rings to do things like clean dishes. Play sports. Go swimming. Garden. Do activities where either the ring could be damaged or get in the way.

The fact that it isn't simply a fancy jewel is all the more reason IMO. As La Rae said, they have plenty of money, she looses an expensive earring, it can be replaced. But that ring and that stone have a lot of history that couldn't be replaced.[/QUOTE]
  #619  
Old 04-15-2016, 10:27 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I have never understood why lots of women wear a diamond ring to go about all their day to day activities. Surely most take them off to do housework and gardening and when they go to the beach. But Diana's engagement ring is not an ordinary engagement ring. It is now worth about 300,000 ($US460,000). That is a seriously valuable trinket, and not one I would risk wearing if were out bushwalking. But this "hike" seems to have been fairly tame from what we've seen, tiring largely because of the altitude and steepness of parts of the track. They seem to have been walking without needing hiking poles, and don't seem to have needed to clamber over rocks, so maybe Big Blue wasn't in any danger.

Quite simply, because it's actually really tough to damage a ring, especially a diamond. They're rocks. They're built to be resilient, and wearing it every day is important to me.

Of course I take I off if I really think it's a risk (while swimming in the ocean for example) but I hike up mountains pretty routinely and yea, it's more of an uphill walk, not something that would ever pose a risk to my rings.

I can't see any reason she should have not worn her wedding rings on a long walk being covered by media.

It's such a silly criticism.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #620  
Old 04-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,082
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's a fashion thread. I could argue complaints about how she parts her hair is nit pick. But that's just me. Its not my place to comment on people 'nit picky'. Some people are bothered she is wearing riding boots not hiking, I am bothered she wears an expensive ring to climb a mountain.



I find the jewelry, adding the scarf for pictures, and the hair a tad 'photo op'. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Considering how you tend to post about the Duchess, you saying it's not your place to comment on nit picky-ness....Excuse me while I head over to that corner over there to laugh myself silly....

They both looked fine, but I guess those who need a reason will find one in order to continue to criticize Kate, regardless of how silly it both is and makes them look.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament photo picture of the week politics prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice outfit princess ingrid alexandra princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises