The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Courtier

You are old fashion Marg, jeggings are part of everyday wear and it doesn't look sprayed-on

Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Kate wearing trousers at the wildlife park today

https://twitter.com/ANI_news/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

click on photo and it gives you a series
British royal couple goes on northeast India wildl

https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty

A few pictures on Rebecca English's twitter account of the look

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Rebecca mentions a second look for the day, a dress, but haven't seen any photos yet
A lovely casual look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Dress is by Topshop.
I love this dress, its young, it's summery and colorful with a lovely print and black detailing.

More pictures

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up
I think this dress is awful. The black detailing does not work well with the print.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

love Casual Kate! i think the jeggings and blouse this am were perfect. Especially the colors - which i understand to be a consideration on a safari - you want something earth tones in the tan/ brown/ green family -on point.

the pink dress was very pretty - not my fav of the trip, but pretty - I think she looked very comfortable and appropriate. and i liked her hair in the chignon - seemed to be a simpler do- very practical and pretty.

I wonder what the residual effect on kate's off duty wardrobe will be with these dresses.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I've had a further look at the pink dress with black detail, I'm still not in love. It's pretty, IMO, no more. I do like Kate's earrings very much, and her hair in a chignon. It looks nice and cool. Looking forward to Bhutan!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I thought Kate looked great on the safari drive - totally appropriate and a casual modern looking Duchess.

Not a huge fan of the Topshop pink dress but it is obviously light and practical for the heat. It looked fine during the village engagement but when feeding the baby elephants and rhions I thought a dress and wedges looked bit silly. Would have preferred her look for the safari for that part of the day to be worn again.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Again, I like both outfits - I thought the safari outfit was fine and perfectly appropriate. The pink dress was pretty and comfortable looking. I liked her hair up - I wonder if one reason for having it up was the heat.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I think jeggings were appropriate here. Its refreshing seeing her in pants. Like when she wore track pants when taking part in the tennis event, sometimes events call for a much more casual look. I think a fancier pair of trousers would look out of place completely on a safari, even for a royal.

The pink dress is lovely on her. Her hair looks great as well. I am admittedly getting a tad tired of the 'Indian inspired prints'. I'd rather her go for an Indian designer route. But over all still a lovely look on her and another hit

Quote:
Not a huge fan of the Topshop pink dress but it is obviously light and practical for the heat. It looked fine during the village engagement but when feeding the baby elephants and rhions I thought a dress and wedges looked bit silly. Would have preferred her look for the safari for that part of the day to be worn again.
I have to agree. When they were still with the animals, feeding the baby ones, IMO would have made more sense for her to still be in her safari look. The dress seemed out of place.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pants are from Zara

Kate Middleton Wearing Zara Pants in India 2016 | POPSUGAR Fashion
Old 04-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think jeggings were appropriate here. Its refreshing seeing her in pants. Like when she wore track pants when taking part in the tennis event, sometimes events call for a much more casual look. I think a fancier pair of trousers would look out of place completely on a safari, even for a royal.

The pink dress is lovely on her. Her hair looks great as well. I am admittedly getting a tad tired of the 'Indian inspired prints'. I'd rather her go for an Indian designer route. But over all still a lovely look on her and another hit

I have to agree. When they were still with the animals, feeding the baby ones, IMO would have made more sense for her to still be in her safari look. The dress seemed out of place.

The went to the village first after the safari. Then to the rehab center and elephant charity center. So she changed into a less casual outfit to meet the villagers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Don't get me wrong, I am not averse to trousers but I was hoping to see her put a spin on a modern safari look on things and maybe little boots like Williams.

I did like her hair up and strangely enough, the centre parting made her look years younger or maybe just gave her a lift. But her smile was lovely and her earrings were beautifully displayed.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Majesty

I didn't care for the print on the pink dress, but then again, I'm a solid color kind of person (though I do love horizontal stripes). I loved the blouse Catherine wore on the safari drive. The jeggings would have been better without the strange stuff on the knees. Overall, the looks were OK and appropriate for the engagements.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Dress is by Topshop.
I love this dress, its young, it's summery and colorful with a lovely print and black detailing.

More pictures

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up
I like the pastel pink shade of this dress. The pretty pattern is picturesque.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

First pics from arrival in Bhutan (courtesy of Rebecca English)

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail
Old 04-14-2016, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the soft gold colour. I'm sure we've seen this one before, though.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I like the soft gold colour. I'm sure we've seen this one before, though.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8006/7...4abc380b_b.jpg
Old 04-14-2016, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Looks similar to the one she wore for Will's thistle ceremony (except belt area) but not sure it is.

Kate Middleton elegant in gold dress coat as Prince William made Knight of the Thistle - Mirror Online
Old 04-14-2016, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

HQ Photo - https://twitter.com/gmb/status/720494454101118976
Old 04-14-2016, 04:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate opted for a pale gold coat dress by designer Emelia Wickstead for her flight from India today

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0613920161.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0614936881.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0613981803.jpg
Old 04-14-2016, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate has arrived in Buthan and she is wearing something very tradional for Buthan, a long skirt made by a Buthan weaver
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

New outfit;
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...35608339406848

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats