The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I love the Indian inspired prints/outfits and I hope she continues to wear them throughout the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Both day dresses just made me happy! How wonderful to see the DOC wearing prints and more than blue.

The color of that arrival dress was spectacular. The way the print was cut to fit into the dress design was amazing. Ordinarily, I might have thought the peplum a bit too much, but I thought overall it added balance and was a great fit for the locale. And her hair and coloring looked spectacular with that color of red. She should wear it again.

That boho pieced dress was wonderfully not the ordinary Kate choice! It was an unexpectedly great choice for the day with the children. And again, it was not the usual Kate blue that we see over and over. It was just fun and me smile.

She really exceeded my expectations. I'm very surprised.
You said everything I wanted to say.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the McQueen dress! Very pretty! Love the cricket dress as well. She looks good.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I think someone should gather all her wedge heeled shoes and burn them. I thought she looked ridiculous running around playing cricket in those shoes. She's a sporty type and I always think she looks her best in jeans, but she seems to think she has to wear dresses and look 'girly'. This daytime event was an occasion when I think she would have looked far better in a pair of linen trousers and shirt or tunic, and sandals or other flat heeled shoes. And the long hair flopping around in that heat looked uncomfortable, to say the least. Why not a ponytail?

Didn't mind the red outfit. I thought the skirt was very nice, but the top was a bit fussy. Again, she would have looked a lot better if she had stood up straight and not slouched, and I think the neckline design and concentrated pattern up there called for her hair to be tied back and not flopping over her shoulders. I think black shoes would have looked a lot better than those beige ones, too.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The second dress was nice but the shoe wedges are very ugly.
Love the color of the first dress, but I didn't like. It looked odd
Old 04-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Aristocracy

What Roslyn said. While I love the dress she wore for cricket, and can even see myself wearing it on a nice summer's day (if I could afford it), I think trousers and flatter shoes, along with tying her hair back, would have been more appropriate and comfortable.

And really, the posture. Wish she'd work on it.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Day Two Outfit No1;
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...92406492311552
Old 04-11-2016, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Okay I am hoping its just a bad photo because otherwise There looks to be pocket flaps on her breasts Please tell me its a bad photo because that seems like a very odd/bad placement. I mean I have pockets in scrub tops up there, but these seem to have pointy edges pointing down at her nipples. Maybe it just a poor angle.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Peter Pan collar and boob flaps? Strange choice.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

A bit late here.

What a great first start!!!!
First outfit: I loved the style and color. But I liked the pattern so much (unlike many of you here). I want one for myself.
Second outfit: I love the feel I get from this dress, spring/summer feel. It seems confortable. I like this casual look, though I don't know if the shoes match that well with this dress.

And she ends the day with an amazing evening wear! The only thing that bothers me is her posture, sometimes it looks sloppy. She needs some help on this department.

Third outfit: I like that this dress is white. I like the style and fitting. While I don't care much about the collar and boob flaps, they don't go well together, it's extremlly odd. And the hair...looks bad, I wish she had some sort of hairstyle, not updoo, but something else instead of wild loose hair all over the place (it's what I see from the bad quality pictures).
Old 04-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

ok that's a miss. the placement of the flaps destroys an otherwise pretty - but boring - dress. Shoes look light pink to me, an odd choice.

Kate wearing £1,100 dress by favourite designer Emilia Wickstead which she paired with a Mulberry clutch

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0358925966.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0359380113.jpg
Old 04-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Aristocracy

The cream dress is a lovely fabric and I like the buff shoes.
Light weight wool has perfect breathability for hot climates.
The sleeves look nice with the bodice but why add the semi sharp bust pocket flaps and round collar to detract from this dress?
I can't understand why designer, Emilia, would have such disjointed details together.
Without a waist line, more pointy flaps and collar might have looked okay with sleeve cuffs or something quite seventies like.
Catherine's big hair I would have tied in side plaits with such a dress - just for fun.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I too dislike the flaps over the breast in this outfit, and though white looks cool I think wool, even light wool is an odd choice in Indian heat. Also, wearing the hair up, even in a half-up do, makes you feel instantly cooler.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

I always think royals look good in white and cream and I love the simplicity of the dress Catherine is wearing - it's a great choice for a hot climate and the length is elegant. However, I really don't like the pocket flaps as a decoration (they can't be functional!) and could have lived with just the Peter Pan collar (even though I am not a fan of such collars!).
Old 04-11-2016, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The boob flaps are just horrible. No need for them. Everything else is lovely.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:11 AM
Serene Highness

I know the flaps placed there are supposed to give the wearer the look of a fuller chest. I hate when designers put pockets on the chest they look silly. you can't put anything in them or they stick out.

I like her shoes and bag nice light colors to go with the cream dress.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think everyone who has posted so far has noted the pockets as spoiling this otherwise very comfortable/cool/simple dress - so how come we can all see this, but those who are meant to know about these things don't?
Old 04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Nobility

I am usually annoyed when posters comment on the long hair but this is not nice and looks uncomfortable. Dress is OK but I find it a bit "closed" for such a hot climate. I prefer Catherine in bolder colours.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
ok that's a miss. the placement of the flaps destroys an otherwise pretty - but boring - dress. Shoes look light pink to me, an odd choice.

Kate wearing £1,100 dress by favourite designer Emilia Wickstead which she paired with a Mulberry clutch

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0358925966.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0359380113.jpg
The fit and cut of the dress is very flattering so is the color but what was the designer thinking with the collar and the pocket flaps, that ruined the whole look IMO which is very unflattering. The dress would've looked so elegant without the collar and flaps while matched with a nice belt.

Moreover, with the current style of the dress and open hair made the overall look messy. The collar simply screams for hair back.

The look was a miss, I hope she doesn't wear this dress again.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the style and color of this cream/white dress EXCEPT those boob flaps???? I can't imagine why someone out of all the people there didn't say...ummmm are you sure about this dress??

Those flap thingys ruin the dress.

The wind almost became an issue again I see.

LaRae
Old 04-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate struggles to control her £1,700 dress as she and William lay a wreath at Delhi war memorial on Indian tour* | Daily Mail Online

Seriously, they are at wreath laying ceremony and Kate struggles to stop her dress and hair flapping in the wind???
Hasn't she learned from previous incidents?? It's not a holiday, how about suitable clothing, I wish somebody would tell her got get it right, she's been a Princess for many years now.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0372475902.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0372717962.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0372804786.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...0371614707.jpg

It's either a bad joke or she likes the attention that such pictures create.

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats