The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now in India there are 65 members of the British media following the Cambridges. The Express even sent Richard Palmer and he hasn't been overseas since the Cambridges went to New York

Whether the press likes it or not, The Cambridges are the only royal game in town. Catherine's fashions will be followed closely and some will like it and some won't.

Very nit picky article. Shiney tights? Quelle horreur!!!!

IMO she looks best when she's wearing clothes that project the Jackie O vibe. They style suits her body (when done well) perfectly. She has the 'air' to carry them off.

If she sticks with elegant classic looks she will never go wrong....generally she doesn't look as well when she goes too modern. It just doesn't suit her.

LaRae

I am sorry, even if she wears a dress by that designer, we know it wont be as risqué or daring as something JLO would wear. Like McQueen, she will have something from the designer but that matches her usual style.:ermm:

I could see her possibly going with something like this
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/bibhu-mohapatra/slideshow/collection#19

Or evening a version of this
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/bibhu-mohapatra/slideshow/collection#35

https://twitter.com/MiddletonMaven

Ah, pleasantly surprised! Love the color and pattern, I've always been a fan of paisley being a child of the 60s :D She's worn a couple of very nice outfits featuring red recently, it really warms up her coloring. Looking good for having just got off the red-eye from London!
I just have to say the nude shoe fad is getting really old, one of her many pairs of black court shoes would have been an improvement IMO

I love the colour of this, like the fabric and design, but I could have done without the peplum as the outfit would have been just as nice as a dress. I'm not sure about the shade of her shoes. Hair and makeup fine, (though Kate looks tired in the photos I've seen, after a 7+hour flight.) The clutch holding into the groin continues, unfortunately.

The Duchess blended Indian colour with British couture as she chose an Alexander McQueen dress accompanied with a £165 clutch bag by Russell and Bromley and £1,495 earrings by Temple of Heaven for her arrival at the hotel

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/10/08/3305FFEA00000578-3532239-image-a-102_1460274406113.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/10/08/3305FE1900000578-3532239-image-m-62_1460272015363.jpg

I don't like the shoes and the peplum, a straight dress with black pumps would have looked better imo. Kate looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks good and in the mood of India!!

Last edited:
I really like the outfit but its a shame the black belt line seems not be fitted as it seems to be hanging a bit. The print is lovely and the color is very nice, The Duchess looks good in this color. I thought her hair was a bit much left open as the dress is busy and high, I would've preferred a ponytail with this look. Her pumps are ok but again, I would've preferred something a bit more fun like sandal heels.

Love the colour, and the print, but hate the peplum.. it only detracts from the look. Black court shoes would have been a better choice.

Yes, the dress is very pretty and looks cool in that heat. I don't think wedges are the greatest for walking about in and running at a cricket match but Kate likes wedges and wore them when running about on the beach in Australia, so she's obviously used to them.

Yes, the dress is very pretty and looks cool in that heat. I don't think wedges are the greatest for walking about in and running at a cricket match but Kate likes wedges and wore them when running about on the beach in Australia, so she's obviously used to them.

If wedges are inappropriate, what shoes would you have preferred Kate wear?

I love both outfits from top to toe - especially the second one. The dress is cool and pretty, I think the wedges go well and they won't sink into the turf.

Great start - can't wait to see what comes next.

I really love the color of the McQueen dress...love the pattern but am not a fan of the pepulum ...it's too much going on with the busy print.

Really like the casual 'cricket dress'. The wedge is ok...think it would of been better in a flat or very low heel.

LaRae

Hate the McQueen red dress at the start of the tour - ditch McQueen Kate it really does you few favours and this is one of the worst for me but that is largely down to the heavy fabric which seems odd for the heat of india and the peplum style which doesn't work well with heavy fabric. YES i do agree that seeing her in red and colour was very nice especially for her arrival in India but this didn't work well for me

At the cricket match and tour of the slums i do love this local designer being used and the modified tunic was ideal for the events. It light summery and suits the local climate. I don't mind the wedges - they are easy to walk in and especially on the grass more appropriate as heels sink in. Kate can work the wedge well as we know and they suit the more relaxed informal aspect of the afternoon engagements.

Both day dresses just made me happy! How wonderful to see the DOC wearing prints and more than blue.

The color of that arrival dress was spectacular. The way the print was cut to fit into the dress design was amazing. Ordinarily, I might have thought the peplum a bit too much, but I thought overall it added balance and was a great fit for the locale. And her hair and coloring looked spectacular with that color of red. She should wear it again.

That boho pieced dress was wonderfully not the ordinary Kate choice! It was an unexpectedly great choice for the day with the children. And again, it was not the usual Kate blue that we see over and over. It was just fun and me smile.

She really exceeded my expectations. I'm very surprised.

Loved the red arrival dress. Fit her beautifully, the peplum and neckline gathers adding some weight to her appearance.
The second dress was a very pretty choice but not for her,unfortunately accentuated her extreme thinness and not flattering.

Loved the red arrival dress. Fit her beautifully, the peplum and neckline gathers adding some weight to her appearance.
The second dress was a very pretty choice but not for her,unfortunately accentuated her extreme thinness and not flattering.

hmmm, idk. I don't think the second dress accentuated anything. It's a little big for my personal tastes, but I think she looks amazing in it. Same goes for the first dress.

The dresses are intended to compliment the host country, but I thought them both pretty and flattering.

(But even if they hadn't been, they were intended to pay tribute to the culture).

The red dress is OK IMHO but the casual print is great. The wedges look a bit heavy but Kate loves wedges it appears so maybe a pair in a color to match the belt or another bright color might lighten up the look. Or even wedges with more of a sandal look. The first day is looking up for for some nice colours for the rest of the trip.

Love the color and prints of both dresses though I could leave off the peplum.

I think Catherine looked great in both outfits, and shows how getting the "Indian" look can be done whatever the style of outfit.

I particularly like the arrival outfit of deep red and that luxurious pattern. The second dress is much more casual and the length allows a great deal of movement without gusts of wind taking over!

Not a miss so far. The first dress is really chic and approriate but I like her second dress more just because we are not used to see her in such styles. It looks like such an easy and comfortable dress to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom