The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too love the coat, kilt and turtleneck. Very pretty on her. And I agree about the hair, she has great hair, but it's just too much some times. I'm not a fan of hair falling in someones face, not very professional. I say cut it or pull it back.

I like the pictures of the kilt type skirt from what i have seen - its very much Kate and her traditional style. The blue is a striking colour on her. Nice touches to nod towards their visit to scotland - the kilt, the designer, the material of the coat. Good appearance

I too love the coat, kilt and turtleneck. Very pretty on her. And I agree about the hair, she has great hair, but it's just too much some times. I'm not a fan of hair falling in someones face, not very professional. I say cut it or pull it back.
I just know that my hair is soooo warm, and on a cold day like that I would also have worn my hair down!

I like the pictures of the kilt type skirt from what i have seen - its very much Kate and her traditional style. The blue is a striking colour on her. Nice touches to nod towards their visit to scotland - the kilt, the designer, the material of the coat. Good appearance
I agree. The look without the coat reminded me about pre-engagement Kate.. Especially this look. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/01/d1/4b/01d14bcd60e1b03fa20af2cc0f083f17.jpg

Ok I haven't seen the pics of her without the coat...link?

LaRae

Lovely look and colour on the duchess,the coat was perfect for a brisk autumnal day!

Love the outfit! Great cut, great color, etc. And I may be in the minority, but I think her hair is actually looking quite nice lately (I wasn't so sure about the bangs at first!). Admittedly, I've pretty much always liked her hair, no matter how she wears it, except for those days when it's been really limp or something (like at Trooping the Colour this year), but for the most part I've really liked it recently, including today.

I think she loves her hair as it is and so does Wil ,I don't see her cutting it.
'

I quite like the dress! It is a bit out of the safe clothes kate usually sports and if I am not mistaken, that lengh is quite trendy at the moment...

I quite like the dress! It is a bit out of the safe clothes kate usually sports and if I am not mistaken, that lengh is quite trendy at the moment...
I agree. I love that she is useing this "modest" lenght sometimes. As you said, it's rather trendy. And she still manages to make it look young. I think she looked very pretty today! :) A rather unassuming look, but I like it!

I like this dress but to be honest, Kate has many similar dresses that she could have worn.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Duke+Duchess+Cambridge+Prince+Harry+Attend+YfdSUrjr5WZl.jpg

so? I own about 10 shirts that are very similar in cut & color. We all have things we like and we get multiples of it in some form or fashion. Victoria owns two of the same dress, just in different colors. Oh and another dress that she has in two different colors & lengths.

Here's the problem. Kate needs to have a closet full of clothes. If she rewears the same thing too often, she gets criticized (see Letizia or even Mary sometimes), but if she owns too many similar things, she gets criticized. If her clothes are too expensive she's criticized, if they're too cheap, etc etc. These women are criticized for everything they do. One need only read a few pages of Kate's fashion thread to see it.

This is the fashion thread, so this is where we criticize or praise. Still, I think some people need to just think before they post. Women in the public eye, such as Kate, or a female politician, are looked over with a fine tooth comb. It's too much.

And to be honest, I don't think Kate has similar dresses to this. The color scheme, perhaps. I remember a maternity dress with some similar colors, but I find this dress to be far more unique than what she's worn in the past.

The length is longer than what she normally wears and the design is new. I love this dress. I'm too short to pull off the below the knees length, but I'd love to have this dress if I could afford it.

Wouldn't it have looked so smart with a black jacket? Otherwise, it just looks boring IMHO.

To be honest, can't decide whether I like it or not.

Its a lovely dress and I do like the print and colors. I wouldn't mid seeing a skinny belt worn with this dress or a boxy jacket. It feels like something is missing.

To be honest, can't decide whether I like it or not.

This is exactly what happens with me. I like I do not like I can not decide. Not bad dress just something don't like it.:ermm:

i like the fit, but it's not kate's best look for me, the print looks too busy - although this may be since kate sets the bar quite high usually, it is still good on absolute terms! apparently, it is a £375 Meg Space dress by her designer friend, Tabitha Webb.

The dress is nice, but once again the hair is to much. It looks like a mop on top, and it hides her away
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...rince_Harry_who_is_sti-a-71_1445860847691.jpg

The dress looks good in this picture because the material seems more structured to me. In other pictures the material looks quite flimsy like cotton. I think it is a fun pattern for the kids to see, and the colours are nice too.

I prefer Catherine's hair without the fringe, I hope she grows it out again.

I am totally undecided about this dress - the patten is so much. I agree she has countless dresses from pre-preganancy that deserve a second outing.

It's such a lovely dress. I really like the color and pattern. I would have loved for Kate to have styled her hair in a low ponytail, but I still think she looked very nice.

Its a lovely dress and I do like the print and colors. I wouldn't mid seeing a skinny belt worn with this dress or a boxy jacket. It feels like something is missing.

Yeah, a belt would have been a perfect addition.

Last edited:
I love the dress. Beautiful colors and great cut.

I can´t decid if i like it or not, though i like the mix of blue and white on it.

I like the style and colors in the dress but not the pattern/print. The length is nice...very smart length for doing physical activities and a flowing looser cut allowing for freeer movement.

LaRae

I am totally undecided about this dress - the patten is so much. I agree she has countless dresses from pre-preganancy that deserve a second outing.

if you're talking about stuff prior to the pregnancy with George, I don't think she fan fit in a lot of the stuff. The coats, sure, but I think a lot of the dresses are simply too small for her. She was quite skinny in 2011. I'd love to see a lot of them again, but I understand why she probably hasn't worn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom