The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The black veil showed her eyes. I could see them. Could you not? Just wondering.

Of course, I saw her eyes.
I also saw Camilla's eyes when she wore a similar hat at her father's funeral.

So I do not understand your question.

Of course, I saw her eyes.
I also saw Camilla's eyes when she wore a similar hat at her father's funeral.

So I do not understand your question.

Well it seems Camilla wore the wrong hat then.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Why was she wearing a 'widow's veil'?

I understand the remembrance service is to honor those that died in War but neither her husband, nor her father, nor her brother died in a war.

Is she in mourning? Did a close family member die that was not made public?

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/wenn23133196.jpg

In Catholic funerals, women (not only the widow) will occasionally wear a mourning veil which is thick as to obscure the face of the mourner. The veil used as a fashion accessory has traditions going much further back in time than the mourners veil and is just that... a fashion accessory. Does not need to be neither thick nor black.

In Catholic funerals, women (not only the widow) will occasionally wear a mourning veil which is thick as to obscure the face of the mourner. The veil used as a fashion accessory has traditions going much further back in time than the mourners veil and is just that... a fashion accessory. Does not need to be neither thick nor black.
The only memory I have of thick veils like that are the 3 queens at Queen Elizabeth's fathers funeral.

Also. Queen mother wore netting at this exact same event. So did Diana. And I'm sure many others.

The only memory I have of thick veils like that are the 3 queens at Queen Elizabeth's fathers funeral.

Also. Queen mother wore netting at this exact same event. So did Diana. And I'm sure many others.

I agree, there are many photos of Diana looking beautiful at this event with netting and even those that don't like her have to admit she never put a foot wrong as far as wearing the right clothing for the right event

I agree, there are many photos of Diana looking beautiful at this event with netting and even those that don't like her have to admit she never put a foot wrong as far as wearing the right clothing for the right event

And even if we don't wanna bring Diana into the conversation. As I said, the Queen Mother did. And with a cursory look I can say that Camilla has as well. And the Queen. So I think it's very safe to say that Kate didn't do ANYTHING wrong in that regard what so ever.

yes she has worn that suit a few times - i think William's first Knight of the Garter.

Catherine is wearing a very appropriate outfit for the occasion. Kudos to her for keeping in shape and being able to fit into something from eight years ago!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The black suit is very beautiful and sophisticated. It's one of my favorite looks from her.

The black suit is very beautiful and sophisticated. It's one of my favorite looks from her.
It's a very perfect, unnasuming suit. Perfect for occasions like this but can be dressed up a little as well. Good go-to thing to have in her closet.

Yes perfect for the situation and even better than she's continuing to 'recycle' her clothing.

LaRae

Honestly, this suit is the better-suited outfit for a mournful event of her closet IMO.

Honestly, this suit is the better-suited outfit for a mournful event of her closet IMO.
If you are saying that this belongs in her closet, I agree. A little old and dated for my tastes. A new classic black suit (with skirt and pants as options) is what I would prefer to see. And throw in a nice blouse to go underneath. It seems her whole wardrobe today as a little bland and not very exciting.

If you are saying that this belongs in her closet, I agree. A little old and dated for my tastes. A new classic black suit (with skirt and pants as options) is what I would prefer to see. And throw in a nice blouse to go underneath. It seems her whole wardrobe today as a little bland and not very exciting.

I agree on this, as I think the little polka bothers me a bit. But I think it is somber enough for a condolence book signing. She wore this suit also to another identical occasion, so I wouldn't say it is bland, as a too elegant or sparky suit would have been inapproriate, to be honest.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 -

@RE_DailyMail: A rare and heartfelt speech from the Duchess of Cambridge on the issue of child mental health today. More follows. https://t.co/D0aVK7ftuS

Recycled £999 Matthew Williamson dress today.

I like the top part of the dress.....not a fan of the skirt part. It's too short and blah or something.

LaRae

:previous:I agree about that. But i love the shoes. And yes hair big mess. Not only covers the face but in this case does not appear this fine cloth:sad:.

The dress is one of her nicest dresses IMO, I love the color and the embellishment details.
It was quite disappointing that her hair was all over her face during the speech, I think her fringe should be shorter if she decides to have a fringe.

The dress is one of her nicest dresses IMO, I love the color and the embellishment details.
It was quite disappointing that her hair was all over her face during the speech, I think her fringe should be shorter if she decides to have a fringe.
Her dress reminds me of Princess Anita's civil wedding dress. Must be the embellishment details on the neckline. I agree that she needs to do something about the shorter layers.

I love this dress on Catherine, it is one of my favourites and I agree it's chic. I must say when I saw the video of the speech in that lovely dress and her nice voice, the hair was distracting and ruined an otherwise polished appearance - she flicked it out of her eyes every few seconds and it must be annoying to her surely!?

I agree with Jacknch. The speech is fine but the head bobbing every few seconds is horrible. The style would be fine if she cut it shorter and had it style slightly to the side. Not professional. I love the dress though.

It's good to see this dress again, I really like it. I've not been fond of her bangs since she cut them, so I really hope she's growing them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom