The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Nobility

I'm just happy the wedges haven't appeared

Old 09-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of the leggings Catherine wore to the rugby match, but then again I'm not a big lover of leggings in general. The outfit also feels too casual for me, though everyone else is wearing casual clothes so I guess it's appropriate. Personally I would've worn jeans instead.
In the photos they look like slacks, not leggings. They simply are not tight enough to be leggings.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Majesty

I don't see enough of the outfit to really make a comment, but I do like the red scarf with the black coat/top. Leggings are OK if worn under a skirt, or dress, or with a tunic. I have what the GAP labels as 'jeggings' (though to me they're just super-skinny jeans), and they work just fine for going out. Too stiff for ballet, or gym though. Anyway, whatever Catherine has on her legs has a pattern that hurts my eyes, but, since it's a rugby match, and no one is dressed up, I see no problem with her going for comfort. What's most important is that she's looking happy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of the leggings Catherine wore to the rugby match, but then again I'm not a big lover of leggings in general. The outfit also feels too casual for me, though everyone else is wearing casual clothes so I guess it's appropriate. Personally I would've worn jeans instead.
Those aren't leggings. She was wearing pants from Zara.

I think the outfit was perfect for the game. I also think it's a nice change from the jeans and blazer that usually sports at casual events.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, for me it was a surprise to see her wearing pants! Yesterday is to be marked as a exceptional day, because, hear, Kate has finally worn pants and not her usal leggins or a frilly dress! I think they look a bit like pyjamas because of their baggy shape and they reminded me a bit of the yellow ones Madeleine wore soo after giving birth to Prince Nicolas! These one are much better though! It is interesting that Kate has worn two unusual outifits of her recently: suit and pants, and I hope she will continue with this "new" style.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The pants don't look like leggings, they look like the fashionable printed pants. They look nice matched with that jacket and her fringe pulled to the sides looks nice. Overall, its a nice look for the event.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Majesty

The pants are awful but the rest of the outfit is nice.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Personally I don't like the trousers but again I am no fashonista, the nearest I get to wardrobe malfunction's is wearing the same colour blouse under my suit two days running and no that is not an exaggeration.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

I love the pants. They are such an IN item right now and she looks really chic!! :) She still stayed classic, with a classic looking pattern, but went more fashionable than usual. I love it!!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that is awful. And yes it is ok sporting event wanted to be comfortable, but the fact is that it is royal and everyone will see it and will comment.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I think that is awful. And yes it is ok sporting event wanted to be comfortable, but the fact is that it is royal and everyone will see it and will comment.
It's not like she's in sweatpants. She's in cotton slacks that happens to have patterns on them, a very popular item right now. Queen Letizia have also used patterned pants.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 -

There wasn't even photos of the pants until they got up to leave. To see them you would have to go looking for them on Twitter or Kate fashion blogs. Just watching the match on tv you wouldn't have seen them. There were people wearing daisies headgear, dress as St George, faces painted. Kate's pants aren't that important.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

I agree. I think it is a very sharp but casual outfit and it's a bit different for Catherine. People are always criticizing her for staying so conservative but when she does something a bit different there are negative comments.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I'm sorry, this made me laugh. Yes, you have identified the problem - people (like us!) can see what Kate's wearing and, my goodness, we might even comment on it!

Yes, Kate is wearing casual clothes at a sporting event. She has done so before, as have other royals. Whether or not one likes her pants (I'm yet to see them well enough to develop an opinion), I think she looks perfectly well put together. I mean, she's got makeup on and her hair is tidy and she actually looks rather dressed up, considering the event. It's not like she looks like she just rolled out of bed and went straight there (Harry ). Other royals (Letizia, Sophie, and probably others) have worn patterned pants - the world still turns.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I'm sorry, this made me laugh. Yes, you have identified the problem - people (like us!) can see what Kate's wearing and, my goodness, we might even comment on it!
Glad to entertain someone tonight .
Old 09-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I love the pants. They are such an IN item right now and she looks really chic!! :) She still stayed classic, with a classic looking pattern, but went more fashionable than usual. I love it!!
And a classic color combo: red/black/white.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:06 AM
Majesty

Yes indeed, Catherine is wearing pants, Zara's Floral Print Trousers (courtesy of What Kate Wore) to be precise:

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...er-26-2015.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/490...BzJJkndg%3d%3d

But, to me they look like pajama pants!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

They are Capri pants, very fashion these days, they don't look like pijamas at all to me..and they are not leggins because they are over the ankle troussers so Capri...very nice love it!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
But, to me they look like pajama pants!
You read my mind. But good to see them there.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
In the photos they look like slacks, not leggings. They simply are not tight enough to be leggings.
I'd just made a simple mistake. I didn't know the correct word to call them, so I went with "leggings" as leggings was the closest word to how I was attempting to describe them. But as I've noticed a lot of people have corrected me, I'll edit my post to avoid further confusion.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion