The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Kate looked great in the red McQueen dress today

It's a wonderful color....the dress is just a basic dress but looks nice on her.

LaRae

Catherine looked great in the red dress. Appropriate color for a Christmas party.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Although I have never been a fan of this dress, I must say this time it flatters Kate very much. I don't know what disturbed me the other times, but this fourth repeat is her better IMO.

I don't know why the cut of this dress bugs me...the cutout at the waistline just looks weird to me. I've never liked it. But other than that cutout it's a very pretty dress, perfect for the season. Could use some accessorizing, maybe a festive brooch or something.

Who knows. Perhaps the Queen took to the scissors herself, with the DofE assisting.
:lol: Oh I just had an incredible mental image of the two of them cutting her hair.

Catherine looked like she was having fun today, the red dress is perfect on her and so right for this time of year. I love her hair this length for she can do some much more with it. Glad to see she got some rest after the day before when the DF showed her out shopping...still love that houndstooth coat and that is on my list for Santa!

Much prefer the dress she wore to the Christmas lunch....very nice.

LaRae

I like the Spagnoli suit very much, albeit I don't like it pairing with that silly black belt!

The outfit at the lunch is beautiful and elegant. Great style.

Today's outfit is very elegant and professional. As others stated, a lot better than the McQueen dress. However, I will say that yesterday's dress was appropriate for the Christmas party with children, while today's suit is appropriate for the more formal engagements.

Absolutely love that dress on Kate, both style and color. Particularly like the top part.

LaRae

December 25, 2015 - Catherine in a printed dress matched with a green coat and a hat.

Perfect outfit for today. This is such a nice winter color and a nice color on the Duchess.

Full view ** Sportmax coat

Last edited:
She looks good but that color does nothing for her. And the high waistline seems a little odd.

December 25, 2015 - Catherine in a printed dress matched with a green coat and a hat.

Perfect outfit for today. This is such a nice winter color and a nice color on the Duchess.

Full view

I agree. This was a perfect look and such a great color on her. I absolutely love the coat.

The outfit is well tailored but my eye was drawn to the unusually high waist. I think the last coat I remember like that was the maroon coat about 14 months ago.

A nice outfit for the Duchess and nice color.

I think Kate pulls to the 50's/60's and maybe the 40's. I think they did have higher waisted dresses at times then..or belting.

LaRae

I have to like the color of Kate's coat since I have one that is almost the same color! I don't like that belt with the coat. On another site I saw the maker's version which has a narrow mat finish black belt that seems to hit at waist level. Kate's wider black patent leather belt and placement just looks strange. That coat is not intended to be an empire waist. I wish the color of her hat was a better match for the coat - to me it clashes with the coat but seems like it might be a good match for the dress underneath. But since the dress is barely visible I don't think it works. I also wish she would try a different style hat. I prefer a hat that sits on the head and doesn't look like something growing out of the forehead. I was glad to see the brooch. It looked really good against the green.

I like the color and the cut of the suit. The necklace is very interesting. I don't think I've seen it before. The hair is definitely shorter.
Is this not the Mappin and Webb necklace worn to Princess Charlottes Christening?

Full view ** Sportmax coat
My first reaction was a dramatic " Ooh, Kate is pre-tty! Funnily enough I got a Downton Abbey feel to this outfit- and I have not seen Camilla's yet. Guess the Royals are going Downton.

I love Catherine's Christmas look. The shade of green is perfect and she can pull high-waist items pretty well. The hat is a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom