The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that both the dress (it suits her very well in my opinion) and her hair look great. If she likes her bangs this way that's fine. Love her smile on each photo. :)

I think her dress was a stunning choice and I choose to believe her hair was an attempt at 'something different' - she has been in mom-mode all summer; tying her hair back or up to keep away from grabby hands. it makes perfect sense she would wear it down today... trying to recapture feminine work Kate. probably will grow out in time for state dinner and tiara hair.

welcome back Kate - we've missed you!

I thought Katherine looked very nice. Her hair is OK but I'm betting it is cut that way to keep little fingers from yanking on it. Interesting how different people see things differently .... I was thinking how much fuller her face looked than usual. As to the length of the dress, well, looking at Max and Mary, I saw little difference except that Max's was shorter and Mary's about the same length, just above the knee. Oh well .... she can't win'em all.

Kate looks almost worringly frail, there is too much hair for such a frame.

I agree, her hair is so big and heavy looking compared to her tiny frame that it looks like she could topple over. The dress is alright but it's just another version of a dress she has worn numerous times in different colours as are the shoes. She always looks more or less the same every time.

I like the dress a lot. I feel very conflicted about the bangs - they look nice in some of the pictures, but really unflattering in others. I think she'd be better off without them. Also, I feel like her makeup could've been better - she needs a little more color on her lips or something, because she's looking a bit washed out to me.

The dress is fine and fits her well. The hair, oh the hair. If she is going to have bangs that length, she needs to cut at least 6 inches off the length so that it's not weighing her face down. If not, then she needs to trim her bangs a bit more. (I personally think that she needs to cut the length). It's nice that she is trying something different though.

I've heard that Kate is very resistant to suggestions that she cut her hair, and I don't blame her. I think her hair is beautiful.

She has years to wear it short.

I do wish she would lose the habit of positioning her clutch bag in front of her, it does nothing for whatever she wears. I'm a little underwhelmed by today's appearance but I agree, the animated interaction with the children redeems any faults I might find.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Cutting her hair doesn't mean she has to cut it short. I think a hairstyle that reaches around the middle of her shoulder blades would fit her much better. It's fresher, more modern and ultimately will make her look younger.

Ah.. the return of the 70s 'Secretary look'..

Ghastly then, and WORSE now !

Maybe she was more interested in the job at hand than making a fashion statement?

Maybe she was more interested in the job at hand than making a fashion statement?

No one is saying she isn't. or that she needs to make a "statement"
We are just commenting on her fashion since this is the fashion thread :flowers:

I thought Katherine looked very nice. Her hair is OK but I'm betting it is cut that way to keep little fingers from yanking on it. Interesting how different people see things differently .... I was thinking how much fuller her face looked than usual. As to the length of the dress, well, looking at Max and Mary, I saw little difference except that Max's was shorter and Mary's about the same length, just above the knee. Oh well .... she can't win'em all.

Great post. Those who don't like her will always criticise regardless. Saw a great pic of Mary today, looked lovely but showing so much leg. so what? we don't still live in the 1950s.

Catherine is 33, she dresses for comfort as in what she is comfortable with. It may look staid, but it has a twist, ie shows some leg. I think it's great for a woman of her age. No criticism seems to happen to M,L or Max when they do it and they are 10 yrs older and far more senior.

as for the hair - please lighten up. She has just had a child, and the impact on a woman's hair as hormones kick in can be awful. I think she's cut of the 'dead' hair, and is planning to grow it back. It's better than after George.

And maybe (ha!) William likes it like this and that's the most important opinion to her.

:previous:

I dont think Mary was showing her thigh yesterday.
But when she did, she was criticized. All royal ladies get criticized for their fashions lol

but yes i agree, no big deal:flowers:

but now back to Catherine. great to see her back

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the dress. Do I like the hair ? No. But when I see her interact with the kids, who cares about hair? Hair doesn't matter folks!

My thoughts exactly. She is radiant, and the kids seem to love having her there. That's all that matters. That said, I love her dress, and the fringe looks a lot better when it's swept to one side.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In think the dress is okay I have my hair cut like that this winter ... she copied!!!

The bangs are really awful, do nothing for her. About fours inches off the hair would make them look better. Looks terribly thin to me too. Not one of her best looks, IMO seventies secretary look I agree.

Oh, I am loving the new haircut! I agree that an inch or two shorter would look even better but it's all around a very good, fresh look for Kate!

Having seen the 'Helicopter' view of her hair I think we can safely say it isn't a wig. However, it does look very poofy around the face which makes Catherine's face look a lot finer and well rested, very flattering actually.

But what I do see most is a very high-maintenance hairstyle that will require the skills of a hairdresser to give her hair bounce and keep the "fringe" out of her eyes or, more likely, right across her face.

While houndstooth has never been a favourite with me I was surprised that Catherine wore it and didn't do anything for her. It looked neither overly elegant nor flattering and, not surprisingly, where most royals would shorten that slit for modesty, our Catherine did not.

Yep, we've just come full circle. But am still confused as to why her hair is referred to as having a fringe or bangs. She doesn't, she merely has a little feathering around her face. If it was an actual fringe it would be in her eyes.

I see your point but we, on this thread, are discussing fashion. I commend to you the Current Events threads where "the job" of each royal is discussed at length.

Yep, we've just come full circle. But am still confused as to why her hair is referred to as having a fringe or bangs. She doesn't, she merely has a little feathering around her face. If it was an actual fringe it would be in her eyes.

I suppose it can depend upon one's own definition of bangs/fringe, but there are many different styles of bangs, and they don't have to be in the eyes or across the forehead. Kate's are more along the lines of what I would consider parted or side-swept bangs.

I like the dress but think a button more open at the top (like the model) and one more closed at the bottom would have been more elegant.

I'm not sure if the bangs at this length are a good idea. Having to swipe your hair out of your eyes when you are at a public function isn't really stylish.

Posts and comments discussing weight issues and eating habits have been removed as off-topic and speculative. Please discuss fashion choices only - thank you!

The Ralph Lauren dress was hideous, it aged her and she is young and therefore can pull anything with color off well yet she decided to wear such a boring dress. The hairstyle was very unflattering, it just looked very boring the way it was styled. Half back would've looked so much nicer. The back to work look was disappointing for me.

Today's event, that is a lovely coat and a lovely color for Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom