The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says that The D.O.C has to wear cutting edge fashion? Perhaps it would be more helpful to women's equality, Britain and humanity if the media concentrated more on her work than her fashion choices? Anyone remember the then Prince and Princess of Wales interview with Sir Alaister Burnett and the P.O.W's comments regarding media coverage of her appearance?

Probably more likely 2 to 3 times at least. My youngest grandchild is 9 months old and she's still up at least twice a night.

LaRae
I agree and often people forget that Charlotte is still going to need to nurse during the night.

Let's say, I am driving to a church in upper Scotland. It's fall. I will only be photographed from the dashboard up. The church itself is stone and built in 1804. That same stone never seems to warm up and can hold the damp. It's been cool enough that the rest of my party has been bringing rugs along to public events.
On top of that, every time I scratch my nose, the press treats it like some momentous event and read bizarre intents into everything I do or don't do. I have a really odd life.
So what do I wear to church? A warm coat and a turtle neck becasue I'm blinking freezing. And a dress, becasue one must. But under that, I'm wearing fitted jogging pants rolled up to fit under the skirt because I am blinking freezing. And that turns out to be smart, because no one remembered to bring a rug along. :lol:

Let's say, I am driving to a church in upper Scotland. It's fall. I will only be photographed from the dashboard up. The church itself is stone and built in 1804. That same stone never seems to warm up and can hold the damp. It's been cool enough that the rest of my party has been bringing rugs along to public events.
On top of that, every time I scratch my nose, the press treats it like some momentous event and read bizarre intents into everything I do or don't do. I have a really odd life.
So what do I wear to church? A warm coat and a turtle neck becasue I'm blinking freezing. And a dress, becasue one must. But under that, I'm wearing fitted jogging pants rolled up to fit under the skirt because I am blinking freezing. And that turns out to be smart, because no one remembered to bring a rug along. :lol:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Perfect summary.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow, both of mine slept through at 2 months!
The good fairy of sleep is truly your friend. I'm glad that she was looking after you and the babies. She didn't pay a visit to my house until six months.

Do Catherine really have a new hairdo? It just appears to be pulled back a little.

A new hairdo?? I don't see it, except the bangs are separated a little.

The "new" hairdo is just that she has bangs (again). In the past 24 hours, I've seen several headlines on various websites about "Kate's new hairstyle!!!" But she's just got some subtle bangs, which she's had before.

The bangs are a nice change. Kat looks tired but the colors she is wearing also doesn't help IMO. I Think if she wore brighter colors somehow she would look fresher but it's Autumn.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

I like the outfit, however I'm not a fan of Catherine's hairstyle. I respectfully disagree that she looks tired, though I can understand why some might think that, but I think it's just her makeup giving off that impression because it's quite thick and heavy.

Last edited:
:previous: I would have to agree about the makeup. I wish it were a little lighter, then we could really tell if she was looking tired. As to the hairstyle, I like anything that softens the hard straight line of her hair hanging down each side of her face. Now we have a feathered fringe and I can only hope, feathering around the side of her face.

A couple of pictures of Catherine, taken in a car, travelling at speed.

And we have a new hairstyle (really?); issues about make-up, how tired she looks , - etc etc etc"

All of this based on a nanosecond. I think the least we can do is wait till the 17th when we can at least see her properly.

Hear! Hear!! I whole heartedly agree, cepe. :)

Well, that's what a fashion thread is about! Plus, Kate hasn't gone out for 2 months, I think it is really logical that royal fans would comment on her appearance and would scrutinize her... And let's be honest, it's all about fashion and hair when it comes to Kate...

Very attractive appearance, I like the simplicity of the dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dress. It is a tad too short but it's okay... I don't midn the bangs, even though I think they don't flatter her all and made her look even thinner... But at least they seem coiffed

Love her hair it makes her look younger her dress is great (..)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

(..) And her thick hair makes nothing but underline her thinness...(..)

I almost think the bangs are at an odd length. Shorter would work better. However I like the look of less hair overall.

The dress....a hair short and a bit revealing at times...other than that the style itself looks very good on her.

I don't think she looks thinner now than she has before.

LaRae

The dress is okay but god the bangs are awful. Either cut them short so they cover the entire forehead or not at all. Not this inbetween stage. She looks proper middle-aged.

I like the dress very elegant but yes the hair is awful should be cut closer.

The dress is fine and fits her well. The hair, oh the hair. If she is going to have bangs that length, she needs to cut at least 6 inches off the length so that it's not weighing her face down. If not, then she needs to trim her bangs a bit more. (I personally think that she needs to cut the length). It's nice that she is trying something different though.

Have to agree with the overall opinions that the dress is hit but that the hairstyle is not quite right.

Did not like anything about Kate's return to engagements today - the dress did nothing for her and the hair is awful. One of her worst appearances of her royals years i think

I think she looked fine nothing dramatic that is not her style simple and classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom