The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

I don't know if green would work with the grass with the moat. Some of the photos show them and the just the grass path. Anything red would blended into the poppies, you have the gray background of the tower. The blue goes well with the guy's suits and and stands out in the long shots plus it's a national color.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think Kate is making a point in playing down the clothes horse role. The style icon role was always over played by the media as Kate has never been fashion forward and I think she has little real interest in fashion.
She appears to appreciate good quality clothes and likes to look appropriate for formal occasions. I think she is wise to play it safe, it avoids unwanted media attention and spares her from becoming the fashion victim Diana became in the mid 80's.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Belgium | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON

I guess I must not be picky enough. Here's a beautiful young woman with lovely skin, beautiful hair, a fantastic build, gorgeous legs and adorable smile with dimples. Her elegant coat/dress is by a world-famous designer, impeccably fitted, a dignified yet youthful style, and matched by comfortable and demure shoes. What else could she do? And the hat is flattering and fresh-looking.

I have to admit that those first photos posted were poor quality and werent doing Kate any justice at all. This series of photos she looks lovely Im still not in love with the design of her dress (purely individual taste here :D) but I think overall she did a good job.
In my opinion the reason they are wearing subdued outfits asin colour and style could be not to make the focus on the fashion rather the occassion.
If thats the case I think it was successful both the women look composed and serene fitting for the occassion.

The blue is lovely. Flattering, stylish and perfect for the occasion. :flowers:

So happy to see Kate recycle the L.K. Bennett dress. It's gorgeous!

I very much like the blue outfit today, a nice, neat style. I may have to write to Catherine and ask if she could please wear a diamond brooch.
A thought occurred to me moments ago that because Catherine's engagements are few and far between at the moment, so are her engagement outfits. As such I think the frustration builds up a bit as we wait for the next outing and our expectations are heightened more than they normally might be.
When Catherine's role expands and we see her virtually every day, the odd disappointing outfit won't matter so much.

I don't have a problem with Catherine's outfit today, she looked great. I love that shade of blue on her and the dress is appropriate for the occasion.

So happy to see Kate recycle the L.K. Bennett dress. It's gorgeous!

IIRC, the last time Catherine wore today's dress was at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, but I think she's worn it before that as well - I can't remember where though.

Gorgeous! Has she worn it before?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the cream outfit she wore in Belgium, no reason it was very nice just wasn't my fav, I prefer the blue outfit the other lady was wearing, I apologize because I don't know her name. The blue outfit is nice enough, I agree she was no fashion icon and never was, just the media trying g to turn her into Diana. Her clothes are nice and appropriate but that's it, never anything special and more power to her for not giving info a shallow media's demands for her to be their barbie.
My only critique are those tea cozy hats I can't stand d then and don't think they look good on her.

Last edited:
I think Kate is making a point in playing down the clothes horse role. The style icon role was always over played by the media as Kate has never been fashion forward and I think she has little real interest in fashion.
She appears to appreciate good quality clothes and likes to look appropriate for formal occasions. I think she is wise to play it safe, it avoids unwanted media attention and spares her from becoming the fashion victim Diana became in the mid 80's.

I think this comment is exactly spot on Grace chic. Naturally as this is a fashion thread we discuss her outfits with a critical eye ( both positively and negatively) but Kate would always score high marks in my book for overall turn out. I can never see the sloppy/ inappropriate stance that some posters believe she has. Obviously with her natural looks and figure she has a head start, but I still applaud her for rarely putting a foot wrong. Yes I'm bored with the wedges and leggings and wonder why she doesn't think about the possibility of her skirt flying up :) but really these are minor gripes.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the blue dress and matching clutch and shoes. I wish I could find a picture with a better view of the earrings and necklace. She looks terrific.

Gorgeous! Has she worn it before?

I mentioned in my post just before yours that I think I saw her wear it at the Commonwealth Games, and also other events before that, but am not 100% sure. :flowers:

I don't like the cream outfit she wore in Belgium, no reason it was very nice just wasn't my fav, I prefer the blue outfit the other lady was wearing, I apologize because I don't know her name. The blue outfit is nice enough, I agree she was no fashion icon and never was, just the media trying g to turn her into Diana. Her clothes are nice and appropriate but that's it, never anything special and more power to her for not giving info a shallow media's demands for her to be their barbie.
My only critique are those tea cozy hats I can't stand d then and don't think they look good on her.

I assume you're talking about Queen Mathilde of Belgium?

I very much like the blue outfit today, a nice, neat style. I may have to write to Catherine and ask if she could please wear a diamond brooch.
A thought occurred to me moments ago that because Catherine's engagements are few and far between at the moment, so are her engagement outfits. As such I think the frustration builds up a bit as we wait for the next outing and our expectations are heightened more than they normally might be.
When Catherine's role expands and we see her virtually every day, the odd disappointing outfit won't matter so much.

I have to admit that Catherine's wardrobe always seems incomplete without a brooch. She have a beautiful Harry Winston Polar Bear Diamond Brooch she received on the Canadian tour and she hasn't worn it yet.

Catherine looks lovely in blue. The dress she chose for today does look familiar, but maybe it's just me. In any case, she looked appropriate and nice.

I have to admit that Catherine's wardrobe always seems incomplete without a brooch. She have a beautiful Harry Winston Polar Bear Diamond Brooch she received on the Canadian tour and she hasn't worn it yet.

I said at the time that she would probably never wear that pin!
The design was rather casual but it was set with diamonds. Betwixt and between, not really suitable for anything.

Tom and Lorenzo: Cathy's OK, but Will and Harry are lacking..

Cathy Cambridge and the Case of the Recycled Frock | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

"Dear God, the men in that family do not know how to get a suit fitted, do they? Harry’s jacket is too long and both it and the pants are too full. Will’s jacket is a skosh too short and it gives him ladyhips. No wonder Cathy doesn’t overdo it on the style front. With these two as her co-stars, she only needs to show up in something that fits correctly and she’s won the day."

Cathy Cambridge and the Case of the Recycled Frock | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

"Dear God, the men in that family do not know how to get a suit fitted, do they? Harry’s jacket is too long and both it and the pants are too full. Will’s jacket is a skosh too short and it gives him ladyhips. No wonder Cathy doesn’t overdo it on the style front. With these two as her co-stars, she only needs to show up in something that fits correctly and she’s won the day."

:ROFLMAO: love this - particularly as it is so true!

And "skosh" - my US friend Judy uses that phrase but I've never seen it in print. Now I know how to spell it! :flowers:

:previous: Oh dear, both William and Harry do look a hot mess. It is particularly noticeable on Harry after seeing him in his well tailored best dress uniform.

I wonder if either of them have have actually had a bespoke suit since they joined the military, because if they have their tailors should be run out of town.

Best to get Charles on the job. Whatever the currant fashion his suits are always impeccably tailored and, as he says, he comes into fashion every 20 odd years and last time round I think he scored higher than his sons on the Best Dress lists. :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps Catherine really doesn't want to show the brothers up. :D

2013 GQ 50 Best Dressed Men: Charles 8th, William 37th. Say no more!

Last edited:
I said at the time that she would probably never wear that pin!
The design was rather casual but it was set with diamonds. Betwixt and between, not really suitable for anything.

Really? I found it very suitable. William may not wear his cufflinks but I think Catherine would wear the brooch. Perhaps during the winter or a Canadian event.

I thought the blue was boring the first time and even duller this occasion there as those who will say ... It isn't about the dress but the ocassion... and so on and they maybe correct but this is a boring dead dull dress IMO and I just don't care what the engagement is ... and the hair .. I just cannot say how annoying I find her fiddling with it pull it back something .. horror IMO.

I like it in white, and in blue.

Yes, the white version of Catherine's blue dress is very nice indeed and I wouldn't mind seeing her in it (with a brooch of course). It could be teamed up with almost any coloured hat she wishes.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a little tired of seeing Catherine in bright blue (even though it is a lovely color on her). It would be nice to see her in the white version of the dress. I like the style details of it, and she at least can wear a necklace, since she shies away from wearing brooches!

I don't like Victoria's dress especially not with the black hat. In blue you can see better details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom