The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lovely look: the upd was chic and also the dress, but I prefer the suit she wore at George's christening: simple line with elegant ruffle... this one, instead look unfinished and lacks of details...

Same here, much prefer the one for George's baptism. As much as she recycles I'm surprised she didn't wear it again. It would of been perfect.

LaRae

I think it would have been ill advised if she had chosen to recycle for a similar occasion - all the wrong headlines for what is a special, happy family event.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think it would have been ill advised if she had chosen to recycle for a similar occasion - all the wrong headlines for what is a special, happy family event.

I agree. And since it will be historical pictures it's better to have them be easier to tell apart!

The only similarities are the colors. I like this look much better than the other this was simpler and elegant, the other was a bit too fussy.

It's a nice coat, personally I prefer the outfit from George's christening because it had something about it.

July 5th, Christening of Princess Charlotte

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015..._Duke_and_Duchess_of_C-m-47_1436110567845.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/16/2A4025B000000578-3149880-image-a-55_1436110762433.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/17/2A403AEC00000578-3149880-image-a-108_1436112746873.jpg

Wearing a classic knee-length cream coat dress by British designer Alexander McQueen, Kate proved she’s still a creature of habit in terms of her sartorial tendencies since the appearance evoked the memory of the similar long-sleeved McQueen creation she wore to Prince George’s christening.
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ueen-Spring-2012-RTW-PA-Lyst-Runway-Show-.jpg

I love it. She looks so elegant, and they all look fabulous.

I think Catherine looked great yesterday. I just wish she wore a brooch on her outfit. I think a nice colored brooch; such as her mother-in-laws diamond and sapphire brooch would have been nice.

I think Catherine looked great yesterday. I just wish she wore a brooch on her outfit. I think a nice colored brooch; such as her mother-in-laws diamond and sapphire brooch would have been nice.
That could have been one Diana-touch to many though :p And I'm not a brooch person, most younger people aren't (not saying it's wrong if you are) so I'm not surprised at all that she's not wearing brooches more than when it's "excpected"

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

I just think that Kate is not really a brooch person. We have only see her with the Irish guards shamrock, diamond maple leaf and diamond fern. All three symbols of the event/location where she is at. Never it is just an add on to the outfit.

I can see not wanting to wear one at the christening. It would had to be high up on lapel and not on chest to keep it away from baby or snagging on the gown. Kate's jewelry is very minimalist. She not like Queen Mary or Queen Alexandra dripping in jewelry but she wasn't brought up as a Princess or an age when people always wear a lot of jewelry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Plus babies and little kids love to grab at sparkly things!

she wasn't brought up as a Princess or an age when people always wear a lot of jewelry.

Then she NEEDS to learn [it's not rocket science] that it comes with the 'job'.. We [who support, and pay for the Monarchy] expect to see Britains priceless heritage of royal jewels worn and appreciated.

Then she NEEDS to learn [it's not rocket science] that it comes with the 'job'.. We [who support, and pay for the Monarchy] expect to see Britains priceless heritage of royal jewels worn and appreciated.
Let the Queen and "Queen in waiting" wear the jewels if they so choose. The Duchess prefers a minimal look and she does it beautifully. We don't expect the Queen to display her jewelry collection in the same way as Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary did. Two generations makes a big difference in how one prefers to look and dress.

Why is it such a necessity? Look, I love to see Catherine dressed up and sparkling, as much as anybody , but to me that's not as important as the difference she clearly makes in people's lives. If she does that, who cares if she wears a paper bag? Britain is lucky to have Catherine as their Princess, and you want to complain that she doesn't want to wear jewels enough? Wow...

Maybe it's because I'm American or how I was raised but to me it is tacky bordering on vulgar to go around decked out in jewels UNLESS it's a special evening event and even then there is a limit! You certainly don't go to a baptism looking like you are headed to a gala.

A nice piece or two (earrings, necklace, bracelet, watch) compliments the outfit just fine and brooch wearing is an older person thing...you just do not see women, here, under 60 wearing them.

I don't think we will ever seen Kate wearing big flashy pieces...not until she is required to for state events.

LaRae

Last edited:
It was a nice choice. It made her look more mature than George's one, no? And perhaps more chic. Anyway, there is something that makes me prefer George's, I think it might be the colour, this one is "too white" (if this makes sense), my eyes prefer cream, off-white, etc.

Nice to see her with a well-groomed "grown-up's" hairstyle. Completes the look.

She doesn't NEED to do anything! If you want to see the priceless jewels, then wait until a state banquet or another white tie occasion. Paying for the monarchy doesn't give you a right to treat these people like your own personal dolls. A time will come when she'll be wearing those jewels, but it's not here yet. Patience.

Let the Queen and "Queen in waiting" wear the jewels if they so choose. The Duchess prefers a minimal look and she does it beautifully. We don't expect the Queen to display her jewelry collection in the same way as Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary did. Two generations makes a big difference in how one prefers to look and dress.

Exactly.

Isn't most of the Queen's jewelry her own private property that she inherited from her mother & grandmother or received as personal gifts? If so, the jewelry heritage of the UK is on display in the Tower and Kate doesn't have to display at her daughter's christening.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Calm down people! I'm just pointing out that it would have been nice to see a nice colored brooch on Catherine to stand out on her white outfit. No one expects Catherine to be decked out in jewels.

She wore some major jewels on her recent trip to New York, she have some great pieces of her own and she has borrowed some of The Queen's pieces. She's coming along in the jewelry department. It just take time and for her to get used to it.

TBH I do not believe that most of the reactions were about :)your thoughts on Catherine wearing a brooch.

I think Catherine looked great. If I could change one thing about this look, it would be her hat, but that's it.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked impeccable.

A colored brooch would have looked nice against the white dress and I think the lapels were crying for it. And many young people wear brooches, they just are not stones but can be fabric , a little abstract, or costume jewelry of some type to add pizzazz.
She looked great, the hairstyle made it! Plus she looked so calm, not an easy thing to be when you have two children under two who could let loose at any time! I admire her demeanor.

That would have been way too much for daytime IMO. I thought she looked just right.:flowers:

Catherine goes for classic and timeless on these occasions - and on that criteria - she ticked all of the boxes. Brooches are not her thing... yet. She wore diamonds, but in her style. Classic white and diamonds- perfect.

Kate looked very lovely and elegant for the christening of her daughter.
Aunt Pippa did even better. Very beautiful dress!

Kate and her sister did look wonderful. I am so happy that Kate found a skirt length that is PERFECT for her figure. It makes her legs look long and balances out her whole body, unlike what we saw a few years ago with the pretty short skirts which did nothing for her overall photographed look. Pippa took a chance with the longer skirt and I think she really pulled it off, she has never looked so good. I especially liked Carole's coat, but think one inch longer in the skirt would have made her look longer, leaner, and less top heavy.
Sophie Carter's outfit was a real shame. A baggy, odd, blue contraption. I think if it had been fitted to her, and in this case, was shorter, it might have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom