The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 09-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine is surrounded by advisers on her wardrobe. If they thought there were problems with her dresses, they would obviously address it. I saw no problem with her split and her legs didn't show much at all.

From time to time, royal women do suffer a few wardrobe slip ups. That's the reality of the tug-a-war between dresses and wind.
As I said in my first sentence the leg flash in the Ralph Lauren dress is not that big of a deal to me. However because of previous incidents Catherine is getting more scrutiny and analysis regarding her wardrobe choices which may or may not be a big deal to her.

I don't think that Catherine's advisers failed her when it came to this particular wardrobe choice, but I think there was a failure in Australia, whether it was on the part of the advisers or Catherine not listening.

Numerous royal women's (and men's) skirts/kilts have taken on air and it is not a big deal. In Kate's case more was exposed and there was more frequency which led to multiple media outlets doing stories about Kate's Marilyn moments.
__________________

  #442  
Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
As I said in my first sentence the leg flash in the Ralph Lauren dress is not that big of a deal to me. However because of previous incidents Catherine is getting more scrutiny and analysis regarding her wardrobe choices which may or may not be a big deal to her.

I don't think that Catherine's advisers failed her when it came to this particular wardrobe choice, but I think there was a failure in Australia, whether it was on the part of the advisers or Catherine not listening.

Numerous royal women's (and men's) skirts/kilts have taken on air and it is not a big deal. In Kate's case more was exposed and there was more frequency which led to multiple media outlets doing stories about Kate's Marilyn moments.
I have to say Queen Claude, In my my humble opinion you have a point. The media are watching and waiting for these moments.
__________________

  #443  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Numerous royal women's (and men's) skirts/kilts have taken on air and it is not a big deal. In Kate's case more was exposed and there was more frequency which led to multiple media outlets doing stories about Kate's Marilyn moments.
I think it stems from her dating days with William. Back then there were some truly aggressive pap pictures: at knee level at an open car door, for instance. I can't even imagine what a mob scene it had to have been and how unnerving such a crush would be. The leering of the paps just continued once she was married, culminating in the France pictures.The invasion of Kate's body has been long-standing, 'justified' (perhaps) by her cat-walk (in some minds) which was simply a bikini moment imo, nothing more.

This is a curious phenomenon around Kate. I am not one to say she 'likes' the 'reveals' (I suspect she doesn't, actually, or the more egregious ones for sure, the rest are likely a non-issue). She just lives at a time when the paps are not selective nor respectful. Kate was not respected as a royal for a long time it seems to me. She 'earned' respect once the babies came along but what is happening now is residue from that 'before-time'. It's an attitude one just doesn't see with other royal women. One hopes it would cease once she becomes the Princess of Wales and for sure when she is Queen.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #444  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,371
Kate having a Marilyn moment brings clicks to an article. Camilla having one like she did in July doesn't so the press doesn't linger on it.






Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #445  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,907
But if she had weights in the hem it wouldn't happen. Then there would be no story no photos. It just annoys me that she doesn't do that and I do wonder why


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #446  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,421
I must say most of these 'Marilyn moments' are nothing more than a ruffled hemline or a bit of thigh. Sheikhs in Saudi Arabia would have a difficult time making much of a fuss.

The vapours and faux pearl clutching are all the rage though
  #447  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I must say most of these 'Marilyn moments' are nothing more than a ruffled hemline or a bit of thigh. Sheikhs in Saudi Arabia would have a difficult time making much of a fuss.

The vapours and faux pearl clutching are all the rage though

Yes most are nothing but there has been a couple of shockers why risk showing your bare bottom to the world !!!


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #448  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,371
Is a lightweight fabric going to support lead weights in the skirt? Canada was in July, Australia is a hot climate in many areas. She isn't going to be wearing a heavy material in hot climates. The NZ arrival was in a gale and she holding a baby going down steps.

Where were Camilla's lead weight on July 3 this year?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #449  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,907
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Is a lightweight fabric going to support lead weights in the skirt? Canada was in July, Australia is a hot climate in many areas. She isn't going to be wearing a heavy material in hot climates. The NZ arrival was in a gale and she holding a baby going down steps.

Where were Camilla's lead weight on July 3 this year?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Queen has managed it. Maybe the slip is one answer and I'm sure there are other ways one could keep your bottom covered



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #450  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
The Queen has managed it. Maybe the slip is one answer and I'm sure there are other ways one could keep your bottom covered



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Well... the queen is mostly wearing heavy coats and long-ish dresses... Hardly something for a young woman to emulate. And I saw someone posted an article that mentioned that the queen had gotten her petticoat blown up over her head and that prince Phillip wasn't allowed to help her with it since it was seen as improper so the lady-in-waiting helped and the photographers didn't post the pictures. The little story was only published as a very small footnote like a year after the incident. So who can say if the Queen have had similar moments?
  #451  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate having a Marilyn moment brings clicks to an article. Camilla having one like she did in July doesn't so the press doesn't linger on it.
Good point. It may be mainly men interested in the peek-a-boo. Regardless of the female carping, Kate is a good-looking woman with a decently tended body. It's part of her mystique. (I doubt the photos would see the light of day if she did not have a fine leg, and bum. At a certain level, the photos are a compliment to her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
But if she had weights in the hem it wouldn't happen. Then there would be no story no photos. It just annoys me that she doesn't do that and I do wonder why.
Not necessarily. With the right aero-dynamics, those weights could be the cause of more 'high-flying' than without. Basic reality is, no one is withholding these pictures from publications. It's not Kate's choice, not really. Curiously, though, it becomes Kate's fault.

Anyway, she's made the corrections, but the paps are ever vigilant.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #452  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:29 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Well... the queen is mostly wearing heavy coats and long-ish dresses... Hardly something for a young woman to emulate. And I saw someone posted an article that mentioned that the queen had gotten her petticoat blown up over her head and that prince Phillip wasn't allowed to help her with it since it was seen as improper so the lady-in-waiting helped and the photographers didn't post the pictures. The little story was only published as a very small footnote like a year after the incident. So who can say if the Queen have had similar moments?

Exactly... In the queens younger days when these events were more prone to happen (and by accounts, did), the press would have never ran them. It is a different era.

If I were Kate I would wear slacks to disembark aircraft... Or have the plane taxi to disembark away from the press and then have cars drive them around the plane on the tarmac to meet awaiting dignitaries. (oh would we hear a scream then! How KP was controlling the photo op.. Preventing them from getting their shot.

Even in NZ when she disembarked in a red coat dress with a baby she had wind gusts. The yellow dress in Canada was pure na´vetÚ... But she has made efforts since then - it is a tricky business.
  #453  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,371
Dress slacks seem like a no no for the British royals. You almost never see them wearing them.

Kate wore velvet pants with a coat and boots to the hospice that one time that's is the only time I can think of for a non casual setting. All of the skinny jeans times are casual engagements where William if he was with her is casual too.

The Queen is hardly ever in pants except the time she had knee surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #454  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:51 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,419
I'm so tired of this - people on here just singling out Catherine - so here we go

I have had a look thru royal wardrobe malfunctions on Google. Because I think that these sort of things can happen to anyone, I am not putting in the links, but they include

Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Paola (awful)
Duchess of Cornwall
Maxima (as a princess on more than one occasion)
Mary of Denmark - oh dear!
Madeleine
Diana
Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Beatrice
Princess Victoria

and others, I just cant be bothered to list them all.

Get real people - it can happen to all of us.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #455  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,787
  #456  
Old 09-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,371
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

Especially if you are getting out of a helicopter with rotors going or departing planes using roll up steps instead of the accordion gate thing that most regular people use to get off a plane. 😉


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #457  
Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,907
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I'm so tired of this - people on here just singling out Catherine - so here we go

I have had a look thru royal wardrobe malfunctions on Google. Because I think that these sort of things can happen to anyone, I am not putting in the links, but they include

Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Paola (awful)
Duchess of Cornwall
Maxima (as a princess on more than one occasion)
Mary of Denmark - oh dear!
Madeleine
Diana
Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Beatrice
Princess Victoria

and others, I just cant be bothered to list them all.

Get real people - it can happen to all of us.

What one of Mary are you referring to
I have looked and can only see her losing a shoe. Anyway I'm not looking anymore too much of Kate's bottom !!
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #458  
Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Dress slacks seem like a no no for the British royals. You almost never see them wearing them.

Kate wore velvet pants with a coat and boots to the hospice that one time that's is the only time I can think of for a non casual setting. All of the skinny jeans times are casual engagements where William if he was with her is casual too.

The Queen is hardly ever in pants except the time she had knee surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Dress slacks would be great thing for British royal women. I never understood why they never try it often. The Queen actually look good in slacks. Princess Anne is known to wear them on official engagements though.

Catherine is fine though.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #459  
Old 09-19-2015, 11:08 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
What one of Mary are you referring to
I have looked and can only see her losing a shoe. Anyway I'm not looking anymore too much of Kate's bottom !!
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I really do not agree with posting a link -that is promoting accidental moments for criticism. All I will say is she was wearing a purple outfit and it was v embarrassing but I am NOT prepared to embarrass her further.

If you don't believe me,there is nothing that I can say apart from she's had her moment along with a lot of other royals.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #460  
Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,907
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

Crepe Well I haven't seen it so can't comment. But I have seen Kate's. As for Kate wearing pants she could do well to take a look at Mary in the white pants and jacket nothing to worry about just get on with the job


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion, the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015 dazzling Archives 424 12-31-2015 10:26 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014 iceflower Archives 394 07-26-2014 03:50 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012 dazzling Archives 593 09-09-2012 06:15 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 4: August 2011 - September 2011 iceflower Archives 391 10-01-2011 04:14 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail elia zaharia fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 official visit opening of parliament oslo picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince daniel princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in new york 2016 royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises